Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Osborne must go for maximum stimulation.....

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Osborne must go for maximum stimulation.....

Post by papa_umau on Tue 19 Mar 2013, 12:21 pm

........says Vince Cable.

As the Spring budget is due tomorrow, George Osborne is finding himself under all kinds of pressure from within and without.

There is no doubt that this has to be the most important budget that Osborne has ever delivered, as Britain and the world are waiting to see what he will deliver that will lift this country's economy out of a virtually-certain triple-dip recession.

The government's Liberal Democrat Business Secretary, Vince Cable, is right at the front of these pressure groups as he puts his chancellor under terrible pressure to either do another "U"-turn or at least to do something to inject more money into the economy and the people's pockets.

Read further on this report from the Telegraph HERE.

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

Re: Osborne must go for maximum stimulation.....

Post by bowsertoad on Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:07 am

the simple fact is, no matter what George Osbourne does with this budget, he will be booed. the country is financially buggered, so he needs to try to rebuild, I would not have a problem paying more taxes to rectify our country, as long as there was obvious results for the British public. I have however taken a stand, I have bought my own weight in tobacco from my last trip abroad, I have got veg and basics planted at my allotment, I am brewing my own beer and my own cider, next step will be chickens and pigs.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 11:39 am

And there is nothing whatsoever wrong with being self-sustainable like that Bowsie. If more people did it that way the rapacious supermarkets and cruel chancellors would have less to take away from us by the everyday and twice-yearly rip-offs that they are able to apply so easily.

The thing is that Osborne is the one and only Chancellor of the Exchequer and if he cannot do what needs to be done to lift Britain out of the doldrums, then nobody else can.

As usual, he has just fiddled with the problem instead of taking them head-on and while a few people got a bit more a lot of people got a lot less.

Reported in my newspaper this morning:

George Osborne's bankrupt Budget means more years of misery for Britain

RECOVERY stalls and debts soars by 244bn as Chancellor turns screw on welfare and public sector pay.

This clueless Chancellor has:

Failed

Osborne recession robs families of 600.00 a year.

Failed

Real wages to fall by 0.7% but rich get more tax breaks.

Failed

He had to slash his growth forecast by HALF.

Failed

He has caused the slowest recovery in 100 years as his draconian austerity packages fail to stimulate the economy.

As I see it this has to be the worst Chancellor that Britain has ever suffered under, and he does not look as if he is going to change direction any time soon.

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

Post by bowsertoad on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 4:57 pm

nw then papa, I woul agree that Osbourne is one of the worst this country has seen, personally, I think that Vince Cable would have done and could do a better job.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:08 pm

Although I am not a Brit' Liberal Democrat supporter, ( I used to be BTW ), I agree and also think that Vince Cable would have made a far better Chancellor of the Exchequer than stubborn and clueless Osborne has done.

That is now water under the bridge Bowsie, and all we can do is wait until they are booted out of power and hope that the next lot are not so driven to attack the weak, the sick, the disabled, the poor and the old as much as this lot have been.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:50 pm