Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

One third of ex-Tory voters now vote UKIP.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

One third of ex-Tory voters now vote UKIP.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 12:17 pm

Tory voters at the last election increasingly trust UKIP on Europe, poll shows

Nearly a third of people who voted Conservative in 2010 now believe that UKIP is the political party with the best policies on Europe, a poll has disclosed.

The survey by pollsters Ipsos MORI, which was conducted before the Conservative Party's humiliating defeat in the Eastleigh by-election, shows that just 48 per cent of those who voted for the Tories in the 2010 election now believe that the Tories have the best policies on Europe.

When one considers that that poll was taken BEFORE the Eastleight by-election, I wonder how many ex-Tory voters now think that they can trust Cameron on Europe ?

If that headline does not frighten the living daylights out of Cameron and his Tory pals, nothing will.

Find out more about this poll-result HERE.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: One third of ex-Tory voters now vote UKIP.

Post by zathrus on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:55 am

Those are serious numbers Paps.

If they are true then the Tory party must know that if they do not start to act a bit more like UKIP they are going to lose thousands of votes to them.

Nigel Farage must be laughing all the way to the bank when he sees figures like these.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:59 pm

Yes Zath' they must be !

Cameron came in on a middle-ground platform but now he is being driven inexorably towards the hard right as he tries to win back support from the UKIP.

This is a perfect example of being stuck between "a rock and a hard place".

Papa......

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Voting UKIP

Post by Technician on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

Mmmm, a surprise that!. I have been blasted on here for my support of UKIP, but you cannot write them off.

Its not just the EU that they campaign about, but immigration. Problem is for most people is that the Uk remains a small island. Its not just a case of not wanting foreign workers, many whom contribute greatly to the Uk; but we neither have the room or resources to let all and sundry in. The British public feel very strongly about this one; and its this, not just the EU that may swell the votes.

Like I have said, I will wait and see what UKIP do, or don't do at the general election. I hope Farage keeps his cool and avoids buggering up ( having dinner with Murdoch was NOT a good move, unless he thinks he can sidle up to the press, but in my books its more like selling your soul to the Devil ! ). Whatever I sincereley hope it has put the frightners on Cameron and his old boys club.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 11:47 am

The UKIP success certainly has - I am sure - "put the frighteners up" the Tory grandees and now they are wringing their hands about how to get back the vote they have lost to the UKIP party.

They know for certain that many of the votes that have been stolen from them have been stolen from the far right wing of the previous Tory support, as UKIP IS a far-right party. Because of this they are worried about how they can get back these rightist votes without harming the centrist votes that they also need from the moderate Tory voters out there.

As I see it they CANNOT get both ends and the centre of this voting spectrum back as the Tory philosophy no longer applies to such a wide demographic.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 12:18 pm

Okay Technician, maybe the Ukip mob are not just a one-horse party, but they are, by your own admission, not much more than a two horse party.

As I see it, they have only one great saving grace and that is that whatever they do they will do damage to the Tories. I would vote for that, if not for them.

This bunch of opportunists are appealing to the worst instincts of the xenophobic and Euro-hating voters of Britain to grow and as I see it that is not a good enough reason to build a political party around.

Reading your input here Technician I can see that you are a reasonable man and not one of those right-wing extremists you may find in the Ukip support; so why do you risk your personal reputation by backing this bunch of reactionaries ?
    Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

UKIP

Post by Technician on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:07 am

Hi All,

Hello Angie, what strong words!!! I do not agree with you in total. UKIP is an established party, and they are not all reactionaries. Like you I was in teaching, and very many of my colleagues in the University sector were in support of them. However I see no reason why it should sully my 'reputation'.

In relation to my professional life and teaching that I hope was already in place. I had good student results, got on with my colleagues, kept my nose clean and was a published author.

Now I am retired I don't care what people think about me. I decided that once I walked out of the door of Higher education life I would no longer take any more crap, and I am pleased to say I don't. My reputation stands or falls on what I have done and tried to do. If people don't like it, then tough.

In relation to UKIP, or any other party I will vote for whom I damn well want to!!

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 11:39 am

Hmmmmmmmm..... We may have to wait until next Saturday until we get an answer from Angie as that is the only day off that she has for coming to ROB !

As far as I am concerned I do see what she is getting at, as even if the UKIP party are certainly not the BNP or anything like it I do think that many of it's voting supporters will come from this extremist organisation as well as the hard-right of the Tories.

I think that Nigel Farage is in an unenviable position as he tries to show reason and moderate views when he attacks Europe and immigration but he and his party are being hi-jacked by just about every right-wing bigot out there that cannot get their views across via any other party.

I am sure that he, ( Farage ), hates the fact that his reasoned arguments are being hi-jacked in this way.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:36 pm