Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

UKIP take second place at Eastleigh.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

UKIP take second place at Eastleigh.

Post by papa_umau on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 12:06 pm

David Cameron can try to blame mid-term blues for the terrible third place defeat to UKIP in the Eastleigh by-election but he and his right-wing cohorts in the Con-Dem coalition know that this result spells the death-nell for the future of this Tory-led government.

At the next general election Cameron knows that every place and time that a Tory and a UKIP candidate stand Tory votes are going to bleed away to UKIP, to the great detriment of his own party.

The fact that the Liberal Democrats actually won that Eastleigh by-election says little about how they will perform at the general election too as they got back in at Eastleigh with a much reduced majority.

HERE is a report that talks about this result.

What do YOU think ?

Papa......

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Re: UKIP take second place at Eastleigh.

Post by Technician on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:38 pm

Hi All,

Well Paps, you know my views on this of old!. I agree with a great deal of what UKIP stands for, but I am am not in the least saying that they will get anywhere in a general election ( I wish they would! ). I am sure however they will do some serious damage, and Cameron shold be VERY WORRIED now.

HOWEVER, what we are seeing is similar to many parts of the 'EU'. The populations of decent countries getting totaly p****ed off with politicians riding roughshod over DEMOCRACY, and imposing draconian cuts and taxes due to the ineptitude of the banks and the fly by night spivs runnin the EU. That buffoon Von Rumpey is a prime example.

The only thing that puts the S**ts up Euro MP's more than the banks taking money away is a REFERENDUM !!. As for this once great country God only knows what we are going to face.

I hope to goodness we see this toxic government off ASAP, from the slash and burn Tory's to the Euro loving Lib dems. Then what are we left with?. Ed Balls and the Labour cronies in charge of finance...??. If so expect MASSIVE borrowing and taxes to shoot through the roof.

In all honesty, who the hell DO we vote for!!!

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 03 Mar 2013, 12:52 pm

Yes Technician, seeing that we agree with the damage that the UKIP party are doing to the Tories; more strength to their elbow I say.

I have no real worries that UKIP will get any more than a very few seats in the general election, if any at all, but I do see Cameron being forced by his 1922 committee members on the back-benches into giving Britain the referendum on Europe that they want. If this does happen I can see UKIP withering on the vine as the referendum will do all that UKIP was designed to do. Afterwards there will be no further reason for a second right-wing party to exist.

Of course, being a Europhile, ( as you already know ), I would like to see this referendum re-enforcing our commitment to strengthen our ties with the EU instead of pulling out, as, IMHO, I think pulling out would be disastrous for Britain.

Sadly, I also think that that is not the way that this referendum might go as there is a strong instinct abroad in Britain to get out of Europe ASAP.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:28 pm