Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

More about the fuel-price rip-off.....

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12574
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

More about the fuel-price rip-off.....

Post by papa_umau on Fri 22 Feb 2013, 11:52 am

It was reported by the AA today that after a six pence per-litre rise in the cost of road-fuel in the past month, sales have also been hit very hard.

After a review, the AA said that this month fuel-sales have hit a 23 year low.

It was discovered that drivers used 1.465 billion litres of fuel in January, DOWN by 14 million on the previous all-time low set in March last year and nearly 100 million litres below December's consumption of 1.564 billion.

What is worse is that because of this loss of sales of fuel the government is also taking a serious hit from loss of tax-revenue income, adding up to 60 million last month alone.

Another perfect example of the "law of diminishing returns" I think !

( This law states that when prices are put up so as to bring greater income, this actually creates a loss of income due to diminishing total sales ) The marketeers are well aware of the effects of this law, so why do our government not realise this too, I wonder ?

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: More about the fuel-price rip-off.....

Post by Angie baby on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:51 am

"Law of diminishing returns" eh ? I like that idea.

I too think it is crazy to keep putting prices up everywhere in order to try to generate more income when by doing so people actually spend less money and the income goes down rather than up.

If the government with all of their advisers cannot see this then no-one can.

Mind you, Osborne is wittering on about the next rise, ( in April ), not only not just being postponed, but actually being scrapped altogether.

My partner lets me travel in his car but he charges me for the petrol used, so even although I don't have a car I still have to pay for go-juice. Miserable sod !
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12574
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 11:58 am

Yes my dear, Osborne knows that he has made a lot of enemies recently and because of this he is now making desperate "give-away" acts to try to ameliorate this growing bad reputation.

I for one am looking forward to his imminent budget, just to see what he will be prepared to do to make up for the pain that he has previously delivered to the ordinary people of Britain.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2653
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:00 pm

Yeah, me too. Bring on the budget so we can see what these idiots are planning to do next.

Mind you, I think that even with a giveaway budget, they have blotted their copybook so badly that they will never recover from the ill-feeling that they have generated in the great mass of the voters.

I really cannot wait until 2015 when they and their Lib-Dem hangers-on will be booted into touch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 Nov 2017, 3:29 pm