Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The Deficit is being used as a cover for the Tories to reduce the role of the State, cut jobs, and welfare.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

The Deficit is being used as a cover for the Tories to reduce the role of the State, cut jobs, and welfare.

Post by Parliament.... on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 pm

The Deficit is being used as an excuse for the Tories to reduce the role of the State, cut jobs, and welfare.

Initially our three main political parties made a great deal about the deficit, before, including and after the TV debates, and Gordon Brown got the blame, how very convenient.

The truth is that the deficit was brought about by the former New Labour Government continuing the right wing low income tax agenda from the former Thatcher/Major years. But not one political party had the guts to admit this, before, on or after the three TV debates. The media never challenged this either, because Britain has been a low income tax nation since the 80s, while most of our wealth goes abroad.

All we heard in the debates was about how best to reduce our deficit, and now the Tories are using the deficit as a cover reduce the role of the State and everything connected with it, to cut jobs and create even more welfare dependency than there has been since the 80s and the free market was introduced.

Now, the British Tory voter has put the Tories back in the perfect position to cut services to the bone over their five-year term of office, because the free market needs a vast number of unemployed people to make it work, while also controlling the economy, hence the Tory cuts straight away, creating mass unemployment, and the British Tory voter this time round, actually voted for these cuts.

From a personal view, I never imagined that the Tories would beat New Labour, albeit to form a minority government, following the 18 years of Thatcher and Major.

I can now assume that the British do indeed have very short memories because factually Gordon Brown and Tony Blair did help out the pensioners and give help to low-paid workers via tax credits. The Tories would never do this, it is their sole aim to help their own. So I have to ask why did so many people vote for the establishment party, the Tory party, at this general election ?

I make no bones about it when I say that our politicians are now playing politics with people's lives and livelihoods, because who knows where the budget cuts will fall over this five-year term ?

Who knows how many people will lose their jobs and won't be able to pay their mortgages and will end up homeless while our politicians remain in their ivory towers, feeling not one millionth of the insecurity felt by the vast majority of the people in this country who struggle to keep body and soul together, to keep a roof over their heads. The politicians call what they do, 'hard choices' when in truth the cuts to come are nothing short of barbarism.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12199
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: The Deficit is being used as a cover for the Tories to reduce the role of the State, cut jobs, and welfare.

Post by papa_umau on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 pm

The deficit is still a deficit, no matter how you spin it and even although I do not agree that the Tories are trying to deal with it in the right way, I think that it still has to be dealt with.

This is where all of the advice that the Tories are getting from numerous world economists to change tack as far as the cutting of government expenditure is concerned, is not being heeded.

See THIS POSTING

They, ( the Tories ), could change their actions in many ways to produce a "plan B" but they will not do that as if they do they think they will look weak by changing direction. ( This argument is moot, as they have already changed direction and made "u"-turns many times during their abortive reign ).

One of the very first ways that the Tories should start to fulfill this promise would be to cut borrowing, but instead of cutting borrowing their borrowing is rising month-on-month.

The fact is that Osborne and the rest of his number eleven cronies are incompetent and wasteful and it will not be until they are booted out that things will start to improve for the ordinary people of Britain.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Re: The Deficit is being used as a cover for the Tories to reduce the role of the State, cut jobs, and welfare.

Post by Parliament.... on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:43 pm

papa_umau wrote:The deficit is still a deficit, no matter how you spin it and even although I do not agree that the Tories are trying to deal with it in the right way, I think that it still has to be dealt with.

This is where all of the advice that the Tories are getting from numerous world economists to change tack as far as the cutting of government expenditure is concerned, is not being heeded.

See THIS POSTING

They, ( the Tories ), could change their actions in many ways to produce a "plan B" but they will not do that as if they do they think they will look weak by changing direction. ( This argument is moot, as they have already changed direction and made "u"-turns many times during their abortive reign ).

One of the very first ways that the Tories should start to fulfill this promise would be to cut borrowing, but instead of cutting borrowing their borrowing is rising month-on-month.

The fact is that Osborne and the rest of his number eleven cronies are incompetent and wasteful and it will not be until they are booted out that things will start to improve for the ordinary people of Britain.

Papa, you are missing the point. The Deficit is being used as a cover for this right wing Tory lead coalition to dismantle the State and everything to do with it.

The Tories, including Osborne are not incompetent. They are very competent. They are a small State low income tax Government. They are operating an agenda, and this is to reduce the State, and the welfare State.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:48 pm

I did not disagree with that idea Ivanhoe, I just said that the deficit is real and is a good cause to further their political ambitions behind.

Your hammering of the "role of the state" says little to explain what the Tories are actually doing, as their agenda is much more complex than that.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:28 pm

papa_umau wrote:I did not disagree with that idea Ivanhoe, I just said that the deficit is real and is a good cause to further their political ambitions behind.

Your hammering of the "role of the state" says little to explain what the Tories are actually doing, as their agenda is much more complex than that.

Papa, its not complex at all. The right wing Tories are a small state low income tax government. There is absolutely nothing complex about it.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Okay mate.....

I just wish that I could see the political world as clearly and as simply as you do.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:40 pm

papa_umau wrote:Okay mate.....

I just wish that I could see the political world as clearly and as simply as you do.

Not the world, this country Papa.

It's all about a small State and low income tax. Its all about privatization and charities.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:17 pm

I truly wish that that was all that was wrong with this country !

Mind you, fixing those things first would go a good way to fixing the whole shebang.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 pm

papa_umau wrote:I truly wish that that was all that was wrong with this country !

Mind you, fixing those things first would go a good way to fixing the whole shebang.

""I truly wish that that was all that was wrong with this country !"".

Mind you your second sentence here, sums it all up rather nicely. Methinks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:04 pm