Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Borrowing rises by 15.4 billion.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Borrowing rises by 15.4 billion.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 22 Jan 2013, 12:30 pm

It was reported in The Guardian today that this government - after all of it's rhetoric concerning how much the last government borrowed - has, instead of cutting borrowing, raised it by an extra 15.4billion.

This increased borrowing puts great strain on Britain's triple "A" international rating and helps towards the threatened triple-dip recession.

Read this report HERE.

If nothing else, these three points go to prove that Osborne's plans are doing NOTHING to even start to improve Britain's economy.

This stubborn and blind chancellor has stuck to his plan "A" for far too long and I think that if he had any grace he would start to think about a plan "B" before Britain's economy goes right down the tubes with Greece and the rest of the borrowing defaulters in Europe.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Borrowing rises by 15.4 billion.

Post by zathrus on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:41 am

Did anybody see the party political broadcast on behalf of the Tories yesterday ?

It was Cameron telling us about all of the good things that his government have done since they and their coalition got in.

He was boasting about lots of stuff that was questionable but he never mentioned anything at all about the month-on-month raised borrowing.

More treating of the electorate like mushrooms I think: Keeping us in the dark and feeding us shit.
    bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

Post by bowsertoad on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:49 pm

zathrus wrote:

More treating of the electorate like mushrooms I think: Keeping us in the dark and feeding us shit.

"Just call me dave"

That was my favourite qoute from the shiny face git. if there was any call for the queen to wield her power to disolve parliament this is it. Though, I agree with the re-nigotiation of our position in europe.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 2:29 pm

Yes Bowsie, I think that a lot of people might agree that rather than pulling out of Europe lock-stock-and-barrel it would be much better to try to re-negotiate an improved deal instead.

Even people like our esteemed Technician might stop supporting UKIP if instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater we found ourselves in a happier position in the European Community.

Being a Europhile I have ALWAYS stood for Britain being an active part of that trading monster and I think that if Cameron is pushed - by his Euro-hating backbenchers - into giving a simple IN-or-OUT referendum Britain is going to finish off being much worse off and sidelined out here in the Atlantic on our own. That, to me, would be nothing short of madness.

( Sorry if I have worn off the thread a bit folks ).

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 2:28 pm