Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Honestly? REALLY???

TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Honestly? REALLY???

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 4:36 am

Given what I am currently dealing with in re Obama's "deals" and etc... I don't give a running ****. My vehicle insurance just doubled, my hubbys pay cheque just dropped $200+ per WEEK, grocery prices went up, petrol prices went UP. AGAIN!!!! I am seriously refusing to go into the grocery prices at this point. Gods and all Saints-GIVE ME Rip Off Britain. I would trade what I have now in a god damned heartbeat!!!
    Tuppence
    PS REALLY? So fast? WTF????
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12332
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Honestly? REALLY???

Post by papa_umau on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:04 pm

You are currently on a downward and destructive spiral Tuppence and if you want your life to get better you are going to have to stand for more things and against a few less.

I honestly believe that Obama is doing his best with a very intransigent Congress, ( supported by the "we-hate-Obama" Republicans ), and I think that he is going to need a lot of support from the people who want him to succeed before he can even start to do what he needs to do.

I really hope that you are not just one of those "we-hate-Obama" types, as if you do not give him the support he needs then you would be as well being a hateful Republican yourself.

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

Post by bowsertoad on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:52 pm

I dont think that Tup is a Obama hater, she is just trying to survive, and help her family survive in a country that is in more of a mess then we know.
    TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 2:29 pm

Ta muchly Bowsertoad. It in a nutshell.
    Paps, you can have every single politician in the US and Canada for all I care. Democrat and Republican, Independent and Greenie. One and all. Tell ya what-I'll send Obama your home addy and tell him to visit you and he is welcome to screw you the way he is screwing America.
    Tuppence
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 12:31 pm

So Tuppence, you are AGAINST Obama and what he is trying to do for his people eh ?

That's fine, but you must be FOR stuff if you want things to improve in America.

If you are not "FOR" anything then you might as well not be living in a democratic country.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2580
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 1:06 pm

bowsertoad wrote:I dont think that Tup is a Obama hater, she is just trying to survive, and help her family survive in a country that is in more of a mess then we know.

I think that you are right there Bowsertoad as many of the world's richest nations also have the world's largest populations of people in poverty.

Mind you, I think that we should start to sort things out here before we start to dictate to Americans how they should behave.
    TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 4:33 pm

Paps, you seem to have the bizarre idea I actually CARE whos in the White House hot seat. Democrat or Republican doesn't matter, what matters is POLICY. The policies and laws which are coming out of the white house of late are counter to my best interests and the interest of most americans.
    The healthcare reform you see as being a copy of nhs is nothing more than a requirement that we buy health insurance. As the middle class is currently defined as $400,000 per year for a single person and $450,000 for a couple-they are the only ones able to afford to buy health insurance without going broke. People in that income bracket already HAVE insurance thru their work. People who are in a lower income bracket say $50,000 a year can neither afford it nor is it offered thru their employer. People who make $25,000 or so are totally screwed because the premimums are just too damned high. If the premimums were more managable/budgetable it would be fine but the insurance companies are not going to give up one thin dime of their profits.
    The current batch of tax increases have dropped our take home pay by $300 or so a month, car insurance has increased, food prices are going up a LOT, so there's less income to buy health insurance with.
    NHS is based off a percentage of your income, health insurance here is based off some bizarre set of rules they pull out of their asses. Nothing to do with reality. Once we have insurance and find the money to pay the premimums then we still have to pay for doctor visits, yet another chunk out of income. Is FAR from free at point of need.
    I've explained and explained and you simply refuse to accept anything but you rose coloured version of the bullshit that's going on here.

Tuppence

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:36 pm

You were speaking very eloquently there until you started the abuse.

Sorry, but I felt that I had to delete that bit.

We really must stick to the topic and not let our prejudices spoil our input.

That aside Tuppence, I have to say that I have tried very hard to understand your view but I simply cannot understand why you spend so much effort criticising what happens in your national government - on all sides - instead of even starting to suggest what should be put in it's place.

It is easy to destroy what other people try to do for you but it is not so easy to think about how you might start to fix what is wrong.

I think that you already agree that our NHS - as it stands, with all of it's flaws - is something that America could do with as far as healthcare for everybody is concerned, and if you REALLY feel that this is the case then you should be trying like hell to change what is going on over there instead of berating me for trying to suggest what you might do to make things better.

As I see it, Obama has the nearest thing in mind to what America needs and that is something that could be built on rather than having to suffer people like yourself dismissing his efforts out of hand.

I think that he has enough worries with the Republican destroyers attacking everything he does without the people on the ground, like yourself, doing that too.

NOW..... please don't just dismiss my words simply because you want to disagree with me; do it because you have something better to replace my words with.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2465
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 1:25 pm

Wooo-hooo guys n' gals. Take it easy. Laughing

I am with Tuppence on this one as I too have always felt that politicians are there to line their own pockets and that they don't really give a damn about us at all.

Maybe it all comes down to who is doing the best of a bad job and that is all we can expect from these self-serving chancers.

Mind you, even although I don't trust the right-wing in British politics any further than I could throw them I don't trust the left wing much either.

Then again, maybe I am just a bit jaundiced as I have seen so many hard working people ripped off by all of these wasters over such a long period.

TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 4:28 pm

>>you should be trying like hell to change what is going on over there<<
    And how, pray tell, am I supposed to do that? I have signed every single petition there is out there to stop this shite from happening, I have written everyone from my State Representitives to the Prez himself. All to no avail. The only thing left is to just sign my pay cheque over to the white house and go on. That's where it's headed anyway.
    As to Helping His Prezness-he has 570+ peop;e to help him, or more properly-help themselves.
    What I would really appreciate from you is a simple straightforward, no cut n paste from wikipedia, no rhetoric/ partyline bullshit-I want to see what you THINK is going on with this situation. You have gone horribly wrong somewhere or other and need to really see what the Man of the Clapham Omnibus aka Joe Smith is really dealing with over here. An American NHS really doesn't enter into it at all.
    Tuppence
    PS as so far as "abuse" goes-I still am of the opnion that you should take your opinion and fold it til it's all corners and shove it up your ass because you really don't know your ass from your elbow about the difference between US healthcare and US healthcare INSURANCE.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:30 pm

One minute you ask me for my opinion and the next minute you denigrate it. Make your mind up Tuppence.

While it is true that I am no expert on American affairs, I do, unlike many other foreigners, take an interest in what is going on over there.

As I see it....holding a totally cynical and destructive opinion about your own country's modes of government is fine - as we can all do that very easily - but criticising the people that are in power does little to change the system on it's own.

It is good that you have at least tried to get through to your political representatives, but you must never give up on that as public opinion works just as well in America as it does anyplace else.

You have already admitted that you would like to see something there like we already have over here in national healthcare and the only way that that can be achieved is by having some form of national insurance that everybody pays into.

Again, as I see it....It is the power that the private insurance companies have in America that is ripping ordinary people like you off and it is these rapacious animals that you need to attack and not Obama's attempt at trying to give you what you want and need.

I would understand you doing this if you were a Republican supporter, as that is their, ( raison d'etre ), reason for living, but, as you do not admit to being a right-winger you really should start to stand up for the people who are on the centre-left as it is THEY who are going to help you get what you need.

Are you a right winger Tuppence ?, as if you are that will explain a lot of your rhetoric and will tell me that I am wasting my time and my fingertip skin.

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by bowsertoad on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:31 pm

Papa, there are 300 million people in the usa, and they are governed by one, money talks and not protest in the USA, the population could rise up, but most of them are happy to go along with the the norm and listen to what they are being told and not thinking for themselves.

It is all well and good telling them to stand up and be counted, the problem is they are voiceless even in large numbers.
    TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:06 pm

Lessee, paycheque down $100 per week, phone bill up $35 per month, car insurance up $45 per month, rent up $150 per month, gallon of milk up $1, ditto dozen eggs, grocery bill up about $50 per week despite buying less, whole chicken up to $2.29 per pound vs the $1.59 per pound it was a couple weeks ago. Oh yeah. This is working out QUITE well for everyone. Did I mention the insurance issue hasn't begun as yet? I just can't WAIT!!!
    Tuppence
    PS before you misquote AGAIN-sarcasm isn't the lowest form of humour- the pun is.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 2:54 pm

bowsertoad wrote:Papa, there are 300 million people in the usa, and they are governed by one, money talks and not protest in the USA, the population could rise up, but most of them are happy to go along with the the norm and listen to what they are being told and not thinking for themselves.

It is all well and good telling them to stand up and be counted, the problem is they are voiceless even in large numbers.

Bowsie.....

While it might be a cynical, it is also true that "money talks" and it talks very loudly in America. This cannot be denied.

That agreed and accepted we than have to think about what else contributes towards political change in any Western democracy: I believe that it is the will of the people that achieves this and even with the powerful and rich ones holding the tiller it is the people that are the engine in that proverbial boat.

An example of this - to me - is how a black man with a middle-Eastern name, ( Barack Hussein Obama ), finished up as the most powerful man in the world in a country that was once riven apart by prejudice and racial hatred. If the people of that great country can do that, in my opinion they can do anything.

TuppenceHapenny wrote:Lessee, paycheque down $100 per week, phone bill up $35 per month, car insurance up $45 per month, rent up $150 per month, gallon of milk up $1, ditto dozen eggs, grocery bill up about $50 per week despite buying less, whole chicken up to $2.29 per pound vs the $1.59 per pound it was a couple weeks ago. Oh yeah. This is working out QUITE well for everyone. Did I mention the insurance issue hasn't begun as yet? I just can't WAIT!!!
    Tuppence
    PS before you misquote AGAIN-sarcasm isn't the lowest form of humour- the pun is.

Tuppence......

I would never even try to suggest that what you say there is not true; all I would say is that if you want your life at that level in American society to change for the better you are going to have to embrace the ones in politics that care about you and yours. To do this you are going to have to make up your mind if you want to throw in with the rich and powerful and indolent upper-classes or you want to cleave to your own kind and help them to get into the places of power.

As I see it from afar..... The Democrats are much closer to the people than the Republicans are and if I lived in America I would want to ensure that me and mine gave that political party the support that they are going to need to make the break from the rabid privatisation that is ruling every aspect of life that side of the pond.

It is time - in my estimation - that the state was made to take more responsibility for the healthcare of the ordinary people of America and that will never happen so long as the private insurance companies hold total control of healthcare over there.

Papa......

TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 3:00 pm

If you'd stop mouthing platitudes and the party line and tell me succinctly how to do so I might well do so. As the ONLY thing you've said is-Help them and nothing else other than blathering on about how Wonderful Osamas shit smells, I really can't take you at all seriously. In case you missed it-the election is over and done with for the next 4 years. We gots what we gots. Tut fini. Now it's just a case of dealing with what we've been dealt and it ain't a gonna be easy.
    Tuppence
    bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by bowsertoad on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 3:02 pm

papa_umau wrote:An example of this - to me - is how a black man with a middle-Eastern name, ( Barack Hussein Obama ), finished up as the most powerful man in the world in a country that was once riven apart by prejudice and racial hatred. If the people of that great country can do that, in my opinion they can do anything.

Mr Obama being a president is not a sign of complete change in america, he isnt exactly a typical Black american is he. he copmes from money, and money put him where he is, a black man from compton LA becoming president, that would be serious change, or heaven forbid a woman being the president. Granted american has come along way since doctor King had his dream, but their is still allot of hatred and misunderstanding in the states, even if the people rised up and demanded proper change, iot would be squashed.
    TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 3:09 pm

Yeah bowsertoad, that too. I looked up the coast his youngest daughter wore to the Inauguration. It cost more than I've spent on clothes for all 4 of us in the past year. 150 million USD for the Party that day, Yeah sure-why not.
    Tuppence
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 26 Jan 2013, 12:53 pm

But surely the great American dream is that anybody, from any walk of life, can be president if the people want him or her to fill that role.

Of course, fulfilling the ethos that "money counts" in America it is going to be very difficult for any truly poor American to ever get to that exalted position. It is still nice to think that the chance is there, however small it might be.

I would not be one bit surprised if the next candidate for Democratic President might be one Hillary Clinton, as she is already the Secretary of State under Obama.

The first black president and then the first woman president put there by the Democratic party.......maybe ?

I don't think that the Republicans would EVER go down those routes !

Papa......

TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:21 am

there's always sarah palin... (f-u-c-k-i-n-g A) as per usual-just sayin is all
    Tuppence

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:27 pm

Sarah Palin??????.... I don't think that that gun-totin' Republican from Alaska has any more than a snowball's chance of ever getting the Republican nomination for President after what happened in Sandy Hook.

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by bowsertoad on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:31 pm

the next president of the united states will be a whiter southerner. this is a fact you bank on.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:36 pm

We shall see !

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by bowsertoad on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:37 pm

well we have to do 4 years of obama first, unless like predicted he is killed in office.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 12:33 pm

What an AWFUL thought Bowsie !

Mind you, maybe our Tuppence is leaning that way when look at her latest avatar. affraid

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by bowsertoad on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 12:37 pm

well, the explaination of tuppences picture is not out of love, but out of a age old saying.

I know it is not a good thought for any one to be killed, but if any president since ronald raygun was injured, obama is a prime target for assasination.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 11:22 pm