Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Deletion of a thread, that was raised.

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

Deletion of a thread, that was raised.

Post by bowsertoad on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 12:59 pm

I am raising this, as I feel that this forum is controlled by one man for one mans gain. I enjoy this forum, and enjoy the diversity of the argument, but this is not big brother, and the removal of a topic with out explanation or reason is a bit dated in my opinion. you can not control the content of a open forum, which is set up to build a community. by deleting this thread, it is only leading to more people departing from a dying community.

Do not kill this forum with personal issues, if you are going to delete someone for calling for answers, and then delete any trace of this person existence, I put the following to you:-

Why was Clapco deleted?

Why is it right to delete one member, but allow others to continue?

why was the last thread deleted with out explanation?

Why is it OK for one member to have alternative alias, and not ok for a member to question this?

At what point does someone call to be erased? do they have to disagree with the opinion of 1 person or one person and the
    voices in their heads?

If this person was Trolling, and it was felt that this person was not a benefit to the forum, why has this rule not been applied to other members who troll?

Is this forum operated under Freedom of speech, or is it a totalitarian state controlled for content acceptable to the argument?

You have three members who are asking these questions, this is more then a third of your active members, and yet you dismiss this like it is nothing. personally, I would like to continue with this community, but if thi s is the way people are treated, you are looking to reduce your numbers to a select group, you might as well change the name from Rip Off Britian to lefties only.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12344
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Deletion of a thread, that was raised.

Post by papa_umau on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:12 pm

Hi again Bowsie....

I am sorry that you feel that Clapco has been badly treated but I have to decide who is allowed to stay and who is not if the threads are to stay anywhere close to the topic titles in each forum.

Clapco has had many warnings about his habit of making personal attacks here and he refuse to take heed of these warnings.

I respect YOUR interest and output in ROB and I would hate to see you get a bad name just because you chose to jump onto Clapco's bandwagon of invective.

After this entry I will undertake no more discussion about any banned member as I have to ensure that this forum stays close to what it was designed for and for no other reason.

Papa......

Current date/time is Mon 25 Sep 2017, 1:43 am