Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

rebranding of labour

jim

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2011-05-19

rebranding of labour

Post by jim on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 7:39 pm

Just look at past Labour leaders and what a brilliant job they did . Ivanhoe keeps going on about Maggie T but she was a genius compared to this lot ! She was a true Brit not a closet commie , chancer or failure like these Cool

Our new saviours "One nation Labour" are just a rebrand of the same old failled lefties !

Harold Wilson
    The pound in your pocket had not lost its value . Crying or Very sad

James Callaghan
    The winter of discontent Sad

Michael Foot
    Daily Telegraph in 2010 Charles Moore gave a "full account", which he claimed had been provided to him by Gordievsky shortly after Foot's death, of the extent of Foot's alleged KGB involvement. Moore also wrote that, although the claims are difficult to corroborate without MI6 and KGB files, Gordievsky's past record in revealing KGB contacts in Britain had been shown to be reliable. Shocked

Neil Kinnock
    Gingernut who walked away from his principles and ethics to earn a fortune in europe when he couldn't make it as a politician in the UK Embarassed

Gordon Brown
    No boom or bust Just bust ! Mad

Tony Blair
    The best double glazing salesman ever ! Sold the UK down the river !
    Now earning money from despots and dictators Evil or Very Mad

Ed Balls
    ex chief economic adviser to the Treasury, who got the UK into this mess pale

Ed Miliband
    Gordon Brown appointed Miliband as Chairman of HM Treasury's Council of Economic Advisers as a replacement for Ed Balls, with specific responsibility for directing the UK's long-term economic planning
    Did a great job didn't he Question

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: rebranding of labour

Post by papa_umau on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 1:40 pm

You are welcome to your opinion on this board Jim.

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

Post by bowsertoad on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 3:33 pm

it is a point well made though, espcially with the way ivnahoe bashes the iron lady.

jim

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2011-05-19

Post by jim on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:16 pm

It's not my opinion .Just a series of FACTS Embarassed

The former chief secretary to the Treasury, Liam Byrne,quantified New Labour's stewardship of the economy with a note for his successor which said "there's no money left".
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:52 am

I have to agree that "selective memory" is not a good way to review how governments of the past have done their job and that is why I am not going to produce a list of tit-for-tat rebuffs to your particular list of "quotes" Jim.

What I will say is that I do not believe the "One Nation Labour" quote any more than I do the "We are all in it together" quote.

In fact, I believe that the "One Nation Labour" quote is actually nothing more than an attack on the SNP - who want to break up the Union so as to go independent.

NOW.... laying aside the attacks on past governments for a moment I have to consider how this government is doing it's job.

If anyone here thinks for a second that this lot are doing a good job they must be needing their heads examined, as what with the third recession dip soon to be on the cards and the borrowing of money getting worse and not better and the terrorist tactics that are heaped on the heads of the weakest and the sickest and the poorest in our society while tax breaks for the super-rich get better and better, surely we have to admit that this government is a government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich and nothing else.

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by bowsertoad on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:36 am

No one is denying that the current government are not doing a job to fix this country, but in honesty I think that it would be the same situation if labour had retained power. This recession is not only within the UK it it world wide, due to the open market, I blieve that this country needs to rebiuld, and it needs to recapture is self efficency, and the only man to guide us financially mtowards this goal is sitting on the bench of the condem party. This is a personal opinion, but if the government are serious about saving this country, they need to get rid of the devil osbourne, and give the checkers job to Cable.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:21 am

Bowsie.....

I think we have to try to differentiate between the failed last NEW-LABOUR government and any possible LABOUR government of the future.

I would like to suggest that the one that is coming will be nothing like the government that was produced by Blair and Brown and that under Ed Miliband's tutelage it will, and I hope, SHOULD be a different and much better animal altogether.

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by bowsertoad on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:31 am

you got it right there fella, the problem labour are going to have is for the next 20 years, any MP of standing will be a blair or brown person, and not a independent thinker. You had it at the last leadership elections, incedently between brothers, one was blair and would have been the better leader (in my opinion) and one was a brown, and has taken over the reigns. I think he is possibly the pick of a basd bunch, but I think david would have been a better choice for the country.

we are going to be in a political quagmire for another generation, possibly 2, but thats how this country roles, gone are the dayus of inspirational leaders like Churchill, or Desreli, what a party needs is unity, and a figure head, and Ed rubberface is not that guy, nor is that buffon Balls.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:47 am

I don't think that New-Labour is ever going to rise up again as it blotted it's copy-book last time round.

Now, we are seeing a very strong push from people in the Labour party that are NOT New-Labourites or Blairites and that is how - I think - the future lies for Labour.

There are a few dogs left in the Labour party like Balls - for example - but I am sure that any Blairist tendencies that these people might have will be very strongly suppressed in the next Labour government.

Blairism is now devalued so badly that that word is not going to be used in the next government and that is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Labour needs a fresh start without the weight of Blairism around it's neck.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 5:14 pm