Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Australian own goal

Australian own goal

Post by Guest on Sat 08 Dec 2012, 8:06 am

The world was shocked yesterday to discover that the nurse in charge of the Royal mum-to-be duped by two Australian radio pranksters had apparently committed suicide:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/kate-middleton/9730056/Duchess-of-Cambridge-hospital-nurse-who-took-hoax-call-found-dead-in-suspected-suicide.html

These two useless tossers (the Australian ones Wink ) should be hounded to the ends of the earth for what they did to this poor woman. What do you think?

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Australian own goal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 08 Dec 2012, 1:25 pm

I think they are going to be "hounded to the ends of the earth" Clappers !

These two idiots went right over the top when they used what is allowed and seen in Australia as fair-game criticism of the royals, as all they have done is made themselves into pariahs who will find it hard to get any more work in journalism in or out of Australia.

These two carenought journos in particular - just like all such journos in general - that think that everything is fair-game in that trade have done more harm with that one stupid act than every paparazzi has done in the past, and, they have brought their industry into serious disrepute.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2400
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 08 Dec 2012, 2:26 pm

Oh, wasn't it awful when we heard the news about that poor nurse committing suicide after she put through the hoax call. ( I was close to tears when I heard that ).

I just hope that she was not too severely chastised for making that mistake as if she was that could have contributed to her taking her own life. The bosses at her hospital said no, but I do not think we will ever know for sure if that was a contributory factor to her action.

Post by Guest on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 7:38 am

I would like to think you are right Paps but I see no evidence - the Aussies think they are gods gift to the planet and are justifying the 'prank' as normal practice - the recording is even still on their website.

This is what happens when former colonies think they know better once they have been granted freedom.....

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:07 pm

Not being a royalist myself I can see why many of the Republican-types in Australia might want to attack all things royal, but I do not think that that is any reason for us to tar EVERY Australian with that particular brush.

I agree that it is bad that that recording is still up on the internet, but once anything like that goes viral it is very difficult to fully remove.

As things are going in the press it does look as if some of their own people are turning on these two and I would not be surprised if after their temporary suspension they are dropped permanently.

It was reported yesterday that a number of the companies that buy advertising from that newspaper have withdrawn their contracts.

This could be the start of something long and nasty !

Papa......

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:05 am

Looks like the brown stuff has hit the fan now - advertising suspended, share price down 6%, Perpetrators off air apart from interviews on why they did it. Only thing is - why don't I believe their tears of sadness?

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm

Yeah Clappers, I wonder exactly the same myself.

We really are going to have to stop agreeing with each-other you know ! Embarassed

Papa......

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm

You are a classic Tory Paps - "I'm all right Jack" - independent means, old enough not to believe everything you read.....only you haven't realised it yet! Maybe if you lived somewhere where the intellectual climate is more hospitable you might finally make the switch.

Claps
    TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 4:28 pm

Ya know, honestly, what I can't figure out is why on earth she'd commit suicide for putting a call thru. It WASN'T the nurse who spoke with the djs who offed herself-it was the one who put the call thru. Duty operator. Receptionist type.
    Tuppence

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 7:53 am

So she was the one who was responsible to check the caller ID?

CC
    TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 12:14 pm

Ah maybe that was it. Ta.
    Tuppence
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:01 pm

It looks as if the hospital switchboard - which would not be "manned" by nurses - had put through the call to the department or ward that Katherine was in because they had NOT put it through to the princess's security people in the hospital, when they should have.

In other words, I do not think that that poor nurse was in any way responsible for that call getting through to where it did, and yet is does seem that she has taken the responsibility upon herself to give out this private information. Maybe she was so mortified that she did make that mistake that the event was something she just could not handle.

Personally, I blame the awful security that seemed to be evident in that private hospital for the whole thing going wrong and the fact that the call ever got through to the nurses area was a mistake on the part of the hospital.

I just hope - and I guess we will never know - whether that poor nurse was given a serious bollocking for what she did or not. If she was then that could have been the straw that broke that particular camel's back.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:39 pm

Paps - It is common practice for the telephones in a 24 hour operation to be switched over to 'night service' once the switchboard is unmanned. It would be diverted to some senior manager which, in a hospital, would almost certainly be a nurse. The security forces are NOT part of the hospital and are NOT there for answering the phone.

The nurse did put the call through, but you say she gave out information. What information is this? The nurse that gave out the information is still alive. If you have new information then you must inform the police at once.

Nice to see you managed to 'get one in' about it being a private hospital though eh?

Clapco

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:38 pm