Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Yet another rip-off privateer......

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12344
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Yet another rip-off privateer......

Post by papa_umau on Thu 06 Dec 2012, 1:05 pm

With all of the hoo-haa attached to the security scandal over the Olympics one would have thought that G4S might have been dropped as a private security company to the government, but here we go again with this bunch of expensive no-users as G4S get fined 350,000 for failing to deliver criminals to Scottish courts on time.

This totally-useless company were blamed for delivering prisoners late to court on no less than 21,735 occasions.

Up until this particular privatisation was introduced, the police and the prison service used to do these court deliveries and while this task was in the hands of public employees only very few prisoners failed to get to court on time.

OK.....if tasks like these are done better and more cheaply than can be done via the public sector than there would be little argument against them. The fact is that even if money has been saved up-front by privatising these services, the fact that these services have ONCE AGAIN suffered because of privatising them means that the transferring of these services from the public to the private sectors has FAILED to do the jobs that they have been getting paid millions of taxpayers pounds to do.

At what point is this government going to realise that trying to save money in this way does not work and that this rampant and cheap-and-nasty privatisation policy is just another FAILED policy ?

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

Re: Yet another rip-off privateer......

Post by bowsertoad on Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:45 pm

The problem you have here is the cuts to the budgets of the local bobby, and yes of course Privatisation of a service that should be dealt with by the public sector.

The government will never no matter which colour in the hot seat revert this back to a tried and tested method, as the cost of a private firm seems to out weight the cost of a local bobby. Though the maths simply doesnt work out.

another factor of privatisation of such a service, is to avoid the strike of the public worker, which Ivanhoe would jump at straight away, is down to thatcherism, and the closure of pits in the north. People striked as they were getting funked over, so if they have a private service do the dirty work, then it is a contract, and not a employment, they can write certain things in to the contract, that will avoid the strike.

another thing it does was defers blames for errors made, as there are many fingers in the pie, so blame for failures can be shared equally.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 08 Dec 2012, 12:10 pm

While much of that is true Bowsie, ( and thanks for supporting me in my quest to keep the essential services on a not-for-profit basis ), I do think that just because a private company is doing such jobs does not guarantee that they might not have industrial problems later on.

While it is true that the public service unions are larger and more powerful than the individual private company unions might be, ( unless of course they are affiliated with one of the general workers unions like Unite and the T&GWU ), it is also true that they too can have strikes and industrial action attached to unrest amongst their workers.

The whole idea behind the privatisation of court deliveries was to release the prison officers and the police to do more and better work during their hours on duty, but in fact this expensive act of the privatisation of court deliveries and prisoner management at the courts has only succeeded in adding another layer of cost onto this job while releasing very few extra police or prison officers into "their own" duties.

What it certainly HAS done is to ensure that more of the taxpayers hard-earned cash is redirected into the private sector than it was before.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2473
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 08 Dec 2012, 2:07 pm

I am with you on this one Papa as I too feel that far too many of our services have been palmed off to the private sector in order to, by their way of it, save money.

I have yet to see any such service actually being cheaper for the taxpayer after they have been privatised and this one is typical as far as I am concerned.

Post by Guest on Sat 08 Dec 2012, 5:03 pm

Angie you are as bad as Paps - you have yet to see any costs of running the courts/prison services but you are happy to take the words of someone who represents his opinions as facts and consistently manipulates the truth to suit his own political fantasies.

I hope you check the facts a little more before you teach your children something.

Clapco
    Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Privateers

Post by Technician on Sat 08 Dec 2012, 5:16 pm

Hi All,

Could not agree with you more PAPS, they are a ruddy disgrace. What surprises me is why the hell they can't look at a watch !!.

That figure is terrible. I have many faults, but the one thing I pride myself on is being on time for meetings etc unless something beyond my control intervenes.

This is p***s poor management. The whole ruddy shower need the sack!!

Technician

Post by Guest on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 7:44 am

Have any of you lot got any actual experience of the courts?

According to some of my lawyer friends the situation was as bad (or as good) as it was under the state run system - late/missing prisoners/delays were just as common if not more so.

I think this post is just another example of Paps tedious anti big business proselytising.

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 11:53 am

There you go again Clapco, saying that one has to have direct "experience" of something to be able to talk on it.

THAT, my friend is utter rubbish as if we all lived within that narrow track it would only be the people who do the same things that would be able to talk to each-other about their particular subject.

How silly would that be ?

Many millions of excellent and accurate conversations have been made in the past between people who are not necessarily expert at any subject by them simply finding out from many areas of education about the subject that is to be discussed.

Please don't push that spurious argument again !

Oh and BTW..... your "lawyer friend", ( that you use for similar second-hand information ), might have an axe to grind on the subject.

NOW..... back to the topic:

Yes Technician......,

All sensible people might come to the conclusion that we have come to and yet in their dogmatic drive to privatise everything that will stand still this government do not seem to have the acuity to recognise that fact or the courage to scrap that particular bunch of mismanaged wasters.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:02 pm

Yours is the spurious one here!

Experience is what turns your opinions (which are worthless) into lessons that benefit others. It is possible to use facts to do the same - you do neither.

As to my friends (I have several friends working in the justice system so it is not one person with an axe to grind) experience I value it more than the anti corporate dogma that you keep spouting!

Oddly enough I believe that sometimes our government knows what it is doing - something you advise me to do many times - regardless of its political hue - something you are unable to comprehend. This is a perfect example.

Clapco
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2585
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:16 pm

What are you on about Clapco ?

Such knowledge can be gleaned from many different directions and it is now especially true since the internet started to fill our lives.

Of course we must not believe everything that we find online but if we are discerning we can believe a lot of it.

Let's look at it from my point of view as I don't know what you do for a living: I am a self-employed window cleaner with special skills on high buildings and while that is a hard to acquire skill it is not something that I would want to try to discuss with the average Joe.

That does not mean that I cannot talk about flower arranging, for example, if I wanted to, does it ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:44 am

Now there's a job that I would NOT do !

Anyway, thanks for the support Zath' as I have always been irritated by that particular argument as to why people should not be allowed to talk about subjects just because they do not have any direct experience of any such subject.

Papa......

TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:30 pm

SO both Zath and Ivanhoe are BOTH window cleaners? How amazing. Is that like a huge industry over there? Wild.
    Tuppence

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:31 pm

Actually Zath it does - it means I would value your opinion on window related matters as well as working at heights, cleaning, running a business and dealing with customers. I would NOT ask you for a bunch of flowers unless I had seen your artistic skills or you were recommended by a friend I trusted.

If you want your teeth fixing you go to a dentist, not some bloke with a drill you met down the pub. Experience is everything - Paps has none yet he talks like he knows everything which he does not. BTW Before you say it neither do I - I just know Paps doesn't know everything and should stop misleading others.

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:57 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah......That is so obvious that even a blind man could read it....BUT.... conversations about subjects are NOT restricted to just the people who actually work at those subjects as if they were there would be no cross-conversations at all.

Are you gedding this yet ?

I mean, do you never talk about any subjects other than the ones that you feel you are expert in ?

Of course you do and I will remind of this fact the next time that you drift away from the subject of making and selling widgets......or whatever.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:48 pm

I listen more than I talk - you should try it some time!

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:14 am

No, my friend, just as it did here, again, your arguments dry up once you have been soundly beaten by the opinions and input of others.

You will learn something about the skills associated with communication if you read more of what goes on in ROB and truly speak less than you say you do.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:20 am

Not at all, you just think they don't apply to you. At least I don't need to resort to alter egos to make myself appear 'on message'!

Clapco
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2585
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 1:19 pm

Who are you calling an "alter-ego" ? Suspect

Not me I hope ?

Post by Guest on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 5:03 pm

He has been caught out for doing it before - a cheat never covers his tracks completely - even by pretending to be female Wink

Clapco
    TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 5:13 pm

I think the beard gave it away... might be wrong tho,
    Tuppence
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2473
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 12:26 pm

So I guess that it is me you are talking about now eh ?

You must be the biggest stirrer that has ever graced the hallowed halls of Ripped Off Britain !

If I had the free time I would come to ROB much more often, but as I have to work for a living I simply do not have that free time. How the hell you manage to run a business and come here every day to wind up the people I do not know.

Maybe you are hiding a few secrets yourself eh ?

Post by Guest on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 12:29 pm

Lol Paps

CC

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 25 Sep 2017, 1:43 am