Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Food Banks are opening across the UK.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Food Banks are opening across the UK.

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 12:19 pm

These food banks which are opening across the UK, are actually a sign of an uncaring right wing Tory Government who are cutting welfare and housing benefit because they do not believe in either due to having an ideological hatred of the welfare State. This is a political fact. It is not a myth.

And as such, I believe that Liberal Democrat's across the uk should resign their seats in protest at their leader, Nick Clegg, for continuing to uphold this right wing Tory lead coalition who have just over 2 years to go on this Parliament.

Liberal Democrats across the UK must know that these cuts in welfare which are hitting and hurting their constituent's, are ideologically driven by the Tory's. They cannot possibly believe in this deficit cutting policy, with all these "hard choices" being made by both David Cameron, and Nick Clegg ?. This is media and political drivel designed to fool the public, because it goes unchallenged by media pundits.

These cuts have nothing to do with deficit cutting, or any kind of saving, these cuts are simply an arrogance toward the ordinary people of this country.

I cannot believe people across the UK are being forced to eat other people's cast out food. Because this is what it amounts to. Dickensian Charity, in 21st Century Britain.

We are back to the days of riches at the top, and squaller at the bottom.
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2501
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: Food Banks are opening across the UK.

Post by Angie baby on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 12:43 pm

I don't think that we have ever been away from that situation Ivanhoe, in fact I think that all that has happened here is that this situation has hardened-in because of the wide-ranging austerity measures that this government are using to try to fix the deficit.

They seem to forget that it was not the poor that caused this deficit in the first place and because of this they seem to think that by terrorising the poorest levels of our society they will somehow fix what is wrong in our economy.

I agree that it is truly Dickensian that in this day and age, in this very rich country, we have so many people being forced to join the hand-out queues. It is shameful and what is worse, the government that is enforcing this situation have no clue about what they are doing to the weak and the sick and the poor in this country.

I would not be one bit surprised if this Tory government didn't also re-introduced the work-house so that they could then force these innocent and poverty-stricken people to become criminals just like the Victorians once did.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 1:34 pm

Angie baby wrote:I don't think that we have ever been away from that situation Ivanhoe, in fact I think that all that has happened here is that this situation has hardened-in because of the wide-ranging austerity measures that this government are using to try to fix the deficit.

They seem to forget that it was not the poor that caused this deficit in the first place and because of this they seem to think that by terrorising the poorest levels of our society they will somehow fix what is wrong in our economy.

I agree that it is truly Dickensian that in this day and age, in this very rich country, we have so many people being forced to join the hand-out queues. It is shameful and what is worse, the government that is enforcing this situation have no clue about what they are doing to the weak and the sick and the poor in this country.

I would not be one bit surprised if this Tory government didn't also re-introduced the work-house so that they could then force these innocent and poverty-stricken people to become criminals just like the Victorians once did.

Angie-baby, The Tories are running an ideological agenda, they do not care about the ordinary people. This is in my above posting.

These cuts have nothing to do with reducing the deficit, but everything to do with right wing Tory arrogance against the ordinary people of this country.

We have two years to go, and I agree with you that the work houses will be brought back, but how this move would be disguised in our so-called civilised country to keep the media quiet, I have no idea. ?

So far George Osborne is getting away with these cuts in welfare and housing benefits, and im wondering if and when BBC politically impartiality will stop dead in it's tracks ???

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 8:46 am

Oh spare us your stereotypical left wing opinions Ivanhoho and give us some evidence.

You do not know what the Tories are thinking, only your Labour mates and they got us in this mess in the first place. If they had done their job in the first place we wouldn't be in this mess. I put it to you they care no more about the ordinary people than you say the Tories do, only their posh clothes, fancy restaurants, expenses and political careers.

The truth is the coalition are continuing the same spend spend spend policies as the previous government otherwise they wouldn't be having to borrow more 'n more money. The cutless cuts as they are known.

It has clearly escaped your notice but there is a recession on - we are all suffering. Why don't you do something useful and employ someone instead of repeating the same old left wing nonsense that someone else has dreamed up?

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:21 pm

I think that those of us that have the acuity should be able to know what is in the minds of The Tories by this time.

They have, by every stroke of their right-wing pen, attacked the weakest and the poorest in this society since they were allowed to form up a coalition with the useless Liberal Democrats.

If you have no clue about what is wrong in the Tory annals then you will have "no clue" about what to do to fix these wrongs.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 4:49 pm