Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Rotherham

Rotherham

Post by Guest on Wed 28 Nov 2012, 9:01 am

The pages of Ripped Off Britain have been strangely silent over the decision by Rotherham MBC Social Services dept to remove three children from their Foster parents because they were members of the UK Idiots Party.

Whilst David Cameron may be right that Farage & Co. are a party of closet racists, that still doesn't give RMBC the right to make decisions based purely on political belief. Or does it?

What do you guys think?

Note RMBC are Labour controlled

Clapco

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12447
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Rotherham

Post by papa_umau on Wed 28 Nov 2012, 10:53 am

I actually considered entering this one into ROB as a threadstart but thought better of it because I felt it was too politically correct, ( PC ).

While I see what the council were trying to do by removing children that they thought might become programmed by these foster-carers into thinking like some of the UKIP members think, I do not believe that this was a strong enough risk to actually have them removed.

The whole subject is a contentious one and because of this I do not think that the arguments for or against would be of much practical use in the pages of ROB.

I think that - just like you have - many of the contributors to ROB might have mixed feelings and some paradoxical thoughts over this subject.

I certainly have !

Papa......

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Rotheram

Post by Technician on Wed 28 Nov 2012, 11:08 am

Hi all,

I have already e mailed Rotheram council to express my disgust at this (no reply though !!).

As for UKIP being 'closet racists', then that remark by Cameron has done his party NO good !!. UKIP is a mainstream party, its nothing to do with 'hating Europe', but all to do with removing ourselves from the self serving bunch of ditators in the European parliament.

As for protecting our borders and halting mass immigration fosterd on us by Labour, then what is wrong with that? The question is that its not that immigration is a bad or good thing, or that we do not benefit from immigrant workers. We obviously do, and many work very hard and contribute admirably to the UK. Long may that continiue.

The real problem is 'lack of control'. In other words if this continues unabated we will simply run out of space in this small island, and services will be so stretched that they will impact on the whole population to the detriment of ALL. ( Its already being felt ) We simply cannot let everyone and anyone in. We just can't cope.

Now if that is racist; and I support UKIP, then I will stand up and be counted.

To most rational individuals in the UK the actions of Rotheram council show the dark 'political correctness' of the Uk gone mad. Soon if this continues then all free speech will be repressed, and yes PAPS this board could be shut down and labeled as being 'subversive'....However, lets just see what happens and how UKIP may or may not be effected by this.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 28 Nov 2012, 11:34 am

UKIP.... are a singe-issue party and while unlike Clapco, who likes to call people names, I do not consider all of them to be "closet racists" even if I also believe that some of their membership certainly must be.

I also believe that the UKIP party are driven by xenophobia to a great degree and that is no foundation to try to build a "mainstream" political party upon.

All that aside, I still think that even if that is true the council mentioned had no right to remove those kids because of their particular PC prejudices.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:54 am

Very few sensible people will disagree with you over that stance Paps.

Mind you I have always thought that that clever bloke Farage does use the immigration fears of the Brits to help to gather these frightened people to his cause.

I still find it amusing and very practical that the UKIP and the BNP parties together rob the Tories of lots of votes.

The Tories have always been split right down the middle over Europe and the immigration saga and I would not be one bit surprised if this situation were to eventually bring that party to it's knees.

Post by Guest on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:44 am

Well it seems that this is exactly what happened - plus a few sympathy votes from Labour over the arrogance of the council I guess.

So the message is: Vote UK Idiots Party - Vote Labour!

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 2:02 pm

I don't think that was the message that we received.

The message was: "Vote UKIP and watch the Tory vote shrink as a result". ( In other words, very few of the votes that went to the UKIP candidates would come from the far end of the political spectrum, where the Labour votes normally reside ).

The fact that this effect also moved up the Labour candidate was an incidental one.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 7:26 pm

I think the council was wrong to take these children away from caring foster parents just because of their political views.

What Next? Back to witch burning? Political correctness for it's own sake tends to smack of other scandals of the past, such as the Satanic Child Abuse affair.

Cheers, HG

Post by Guest on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 9:56 am

I agree HG - Social Services departments have little or no accountability for their actions and the law is long overdue a rewrite in this area. There is no independent appeal procedure, Councillors, MPs, ministers and even their own bosses in the councils cannot review a decision, though they can sack incompetent employees (like that ever happens in the public sector).

CC
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2501
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 12:13 pm

I take a double stance here and find that I support both ideas.

You see, we hear just about every day about children dying, ( being killed ), who have been left with abusive parents and we always shout about this after the fact.

What I am trying to say here is that it is very difficult for the social services to make that ultimate decision to take children away from parents and it is even harder for them to make the decision to take them away from foster carers after these carers have been closely vetted for that job.

Maybe in this case these foster carers should never have been allowed to take children in the first place and all this does is makes the vetting procedures look very poor.

Post by Guest on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 1:48 pm

That's my job sticking up for the status quo!

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:23 pm

You please yourself Clappers, but this "status-quo" is not working and should be deleted out of hand.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:57 pm