Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Hoorayyyyyy.... Obama is back !

TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Re: Hoorayyyyyy.... Obama is back !

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:48 pm

Well, yer a lot older than I would have thought given the quality, or lack thereof, of your arguments.
    Tuppence
    bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

Post by bowsertoad on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 10:57 am

This country is financially on its knees, and you want to give the unemployed more money. Fine, I am cool with that, as long as the people that are unemployed are in such a position, not through choice or through laziness.

narrow minded view, that's pot calling kettle black pal. have a good Christmas Ivanhoe, a gentleman and scholar,

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 11:36 am

bowsertoad wrote:This country is financially on its knees, and you want to give the unemployed more money. Fine, I am cool with that, as long as the people that are unemployed are in such a position, not through choice or through laziness.

narrow minded view, that's pot calling kettle black pal. have a good Christmas Ivanhoe, a gentleman and scholar,

This country will never, ever, be financially on it's knees while we can spend billions abroad, fight wars in the far east, and send billions a week to Europe, plus allowing handsome non means tested perks and allowances to our MP's on a 60 + plus thousand a year salary.

You mate, have allowed yourself to be brainwashed by the media and our right wing politicians who in general use your kind of diatribe, to gain votes of the millions of sheep who vote in this country.
    bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by bowsertoad on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:17 pm

Ivanhoe, your new name is potkettle.

So potkettle, you know asumption is the mother of all f###ups. I do not watch mass media news, I am not right wing, and in no way am I a sheep sir. It is evident that you are a simply foolish in your one eyed labour till I die attitude to the world.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12199
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:19 pm

OK this thread is just going round and round in circles now and it has left the main topic and went down the "wrong driel" - as we say in Scotland - so I think that if we want this thread to continue any longer we will have to get back to President Obama and what is going to expected of him in his last term of office.

Otherwise, I will be forced to have to lock the thread and stop this merry-go-round.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm

papa_umau wrote:OK this thread is just going round and round in circles now and it has left the main topic and went down the "wrong driel" - as we say in Scotland - so I think that if we want this thread to continue any longer we will have to get back to President Obama and what is going to expected of him in his last term of office.

Otherwise, I will be forced to have to lock the thread and stop this merry-go-round.

With apologies Papa. I just thought I would try to bring this gentleman round.

Obama has to deal with the largely Republican Congress, and I thought Congress were supposed to be politically impartial ?.

Obama in my view is the best US President since Lincoln. Because his heart is also in the right place, unlike in my view most America's today following the Reagen years.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:00 pm

While I agree with you about Obama, I have to disagree with you about the "Republican Congress" being "impartial" as firstly, the Republicans are not totally able to control Congress and secondly, wherever party politics works we will never see impartiality.

Our own House of Lords is like this too as although there are many cross-party decisions made in The Lords it is STILL heavily influenced by party politics.

Maybe our Tuppence could enlighten us on what she thinks goes on in the American Congress ?

Over to you Tupps.......

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 3:35 pm

bowsertoad wrote:Ivanhoe, your new name is potkettle.

So potkettle, you know asumption is the mother of all f###ups. I do not watch mass media news, I am not right wing, and in no way am I a sheep sir. It is evident that you are a simply foolish in your one eyed labour till I die attitude to the world.

Sorry Papa, but I wont be misquoted by anybody.

bowsertoad, read again. ""You mate, have allowed yourself to be brainwashed by the media and our right wing politicians who in general use your kind of diatribe, to gain votes of the millions of sheep who vote in this country""

I generalised.

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by bowsertoad on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 3:46 pm

Your boring pal.

TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 4:02 pm

>>Maybe our Tuppence could enlighten us on what she thinks goes on in the American Congress ?

Over to you Tupps.......<<
    Why? So you and Ivanwhore can tell me how wrong I am? Yeah right-that's gonna happen.
    Tuppence

Post by Guest on Sun 23 Dec 2012, 8:04 am

Meanwhile back on thread, this is how good our NHS is

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/heal-our-hospitals/9762987/Hospital-apologises-to-38-families-for-appalling-care-that-saw-a-patient-starve-to-death.html

Perhaps you could get O'Barmy to fix our health service whilst he's saving the world? Clearly he can do no wrong...

Clapco

PS Ivanhoe - Bowsie is right - you are boring!
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:15 pm

Behave yourself Clappers, as that is NOT typical of our great NHS !

President Obama is only one human being even if he is a great one, and like all other human beings - even you - he is fallable.

The most important thing about Obama is that his heart and his mind is in the right place and even with a good heart and mind he still has to fight against the rest of the vested-interests in, The Congress, The Senate, and The House of Representatives, to do what he wants to do.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:12 pm