Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Milibands unite to urge 'living wage' for millions....

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12198
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Milibands unite to urge 'living wage' for millions....

Post by papa_umau on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:44 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
    papa_umau wrote:As I have said many times before and will not stop saying...... "It is dangerous to stereotype any group of individuals as there are always a number of individuals in those groups that do not conform to the stereotype". This is usually found on a person to person basis.

Papa, To quote actor Hugh Grant some time ago when Murdoch was in the dock. High Grant was on the lawn outside the House Commons I believe.

He was asked did he have anything to say to Rupert Murdoch ?. Hugh Grant, said "yes". "Rupert Murdoch, why have you ruined my country" ? Unquote.

I rest my case Papa.

And I still say that blaming groups for anything is a dangerous way to go as many people within these groups do not support all of the policies of the group - without question.

The fact that Murdoch DID do great damage to Britain only serves to support my premise that any criticisms like this must be made against the individual and it is seldom fair to blame a whole movement or even company for the sins of a few powerful individuals that may be part of that movement or company.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:47 pm

papa_umau wrote:
    Ivanhoe wrote:
    papa_umau wrote:As I have said many times before and will not stop saying...... "It is dangerous to stereotype any group of individuals as there are always a number of individuals in those groups that do not conform to the stereotype". This is usually found on a person to person basis.

Papa, To quote actor Hugh Grant some time ago when Murdoch was in the dock. High Grant was on the lawn outside the House Commons I believe.

He was asked did he have anything to say to Rupert Murdoch ?. Hugh Grant, said "yes". "Rupert Murdoch, why have you ruined my country" ? Unquote.

I rest my case Papa.

And I still say that blaming groups for anything is a dangerous way to go as many people within these groups do not support all of the policies of the group - without question.

The fact that Murdoch DID do great damage to Britain only serves to support my premise that any criticisms like this must be made against the individual and it is seldom fair to blame a whole movement or even company for the sins of a few powerful individuals that may be part of that movement or company.

I still rest my case and Hugh Grant's, that a huge percentage of the British public are very easily lead.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12198
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:55 pm

I really hate to do this, but I agree with our Clappers that what Hugh Grant says has no bearing on anything or anybody in or out of politics.

The views of Hugh grant are those of ONE INDIVIDUAL and what he says does not necessarily need to be anywhere near the truth. It is just his opinion and that does not mean that the British people - all of them, as your stereotypical comment suggests - are "easily led" !

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:02 pm