Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The UKIP & WELFARE

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

The UKIP & WELFARE

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 28 Oct 2012, 4:10 pm

The UKIP say that there is a mass of an underclass in Britain today that make life choices to live on welfare.

I will keep my opinion to myself at the moment.

What's your views ?
    TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Re: The UKIP & WELFARE

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Sun 28 Oct 2012, 5:08 pm

Old news here in the States. Generations of people on the dole. To the point that they have instituted as cutoff for how many kids they will pay for. That's actually managed to cut down somewhat on the 15 kid households. Not a lot but they tend to keep it under the 6 they are allowed. OOPS.
    Tuppence

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 28 Oct 2012, 6:34 pm

TuppenceHapenny wrote:Old news here in the States. Generations of people on the dole. To the point that they have instituted as cutoff for how many kids they will pay for. That's actually managed to cut down somewhat on the 15 kid households. Not a lot but they tend to keep it under the 6 they are allowed. OOPS.
    Tuppence

The truly sad thing about all this is that both here in the UK, and in your country, I know because I've a penfriend in the States whose an accountant, is that the unemployed in both our country's have been demonized by the media, the politicians, and by many of the public in general.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 11:47 am

Yes guys, this will always be a sticky subject anywhere we go.

Mind you I do also believe that right-wingers usually take the tack that these people deserve to be where they are because they are lazy good-for-nothings.

My view is that if a system dictates that any (x)-percent of people in any country should be on long-term unemployment, then that system is not working and that it should be blamed just as much as the individuals are.

In Britain at the moment we have a government that is working hard at reducing the welfare bill by targeting those that are the bottom end off this scale. They do this by hiring a private hit-company, ATOS-Healthcare ,to ensure that as many people as possible be forced off sickness benefits and the other benefits that they have come to rely upon, while the same government also work hard at ensuring that the richest people in this country get every tax-break that is going.

Of course there are people who work the system and who should not be lying in their beds while other people go to work, but I have always thought that these numbers of people are actually quite small and because of this few all of the people at the poor bottom end of society are caught in that cruel net.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 12:08 pm

Paps - are you aware that by publishing outbound links to third party websites you are diluting your own page ranking? When the link concerned is to one of your 'enemies' that makes it doubly inexcusible as their ranking also goes up.

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 1:04 pm

There you are, being a "smart-ass" again Clapco !

I am well-aware of how the search "page-ranking" system works and that fact will not stop me or any of my site-users from publishing links that support what they say or that direct these site-users here to other websites that can help in their needs.

In fact the fact that you mention this just goes to prove how selfish and rightist your thinking-processes work.

With "me-me" opinions like that I am glad that you have never tried to create or run a consumer website.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 1:18 pm

Not at all - it just seems strange that you vilify ATOS and then assist them with free publicity. Better to just vilify them surely?

Clapco

BTW I do have a website and at one time it achieved No1 page rank on Google for a very congested key word. If you don't want to benefit from someone else's experience then what are you doing running a forum?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 1:34 pm

I vilify ATOS and their rottweiler government because they NEED to be vilified and I am quite happy to supply links to this company so that people who do not know about them can be edified.

With your personality in charge I cannot imagine what your website might have looked like or sounded like.

NO.... come to think of it, I CAN imagine what it would look like and sound like.

I do NOT need advice from you as there are plenty of places that I can acquire this stuff from professionals that - unlike you - have no axe to grind.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 12:39 am