Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

More Labour sleaze

More Labour sleaze

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 8:40 am

More problems for Millipede yesterday when it was revealed that Labours representative on the ethical standards committee is himself gorging from the expenses trough:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9621818/Expenses-scandal-Kevin-Barron-claimed-1500-a-month-to-rent-from-colleague.html

These scumbags are no better than common criminals - and Paps wants them to choose how we live our lives? Right.....

Clapco
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: More Labour sleaze

Post by Angie baby on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:59 am

I am sure that our great leader would support you in that premise Clapco as I bet he will think that wherever the sleaze is present it should be rooted out.

Mind you, I do not think it is fair to blame all of Labour for one bad apple, especially when there are loads of them in the Tory party and government.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12201
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:13 pm

Well said Angie !

Papa......

Post by Guest on Fri 02 Nov 2012, 6:09 pm

Time for another MP (still Labour though) to fall on his sword for fraudulently fabricating invoices and claiming on his expenses!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/9651978/MPs-expenses-scandal-Denis-MacShane-resigns.html

Do these people have no shame?

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 03 Nov 2012, 12:07 pm

No matter how many such crooks are discovered in the Labour party they will NEVER touch the numbers of bent and crooked individuals that are in the Tory party.

That way of living is par for the course as far as the Tory types are concerned.

As our Angie says: I will NEVER support any MP who fiddles his or her expenses or who abuses the privileges that are awarded to such members of parliament.

Why does he - Clapco - think that these practices should be seen as acceptable from any person in politics after the massive scandals that were discovered - across all parties - at the recent expenses investigations ?

Two or three or four wrongs NEVER made one right !

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:04 am

A bigot to the end eh?

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely my friend.

There is no difference between a labour thief and a tory one and to accuse tories of being thieves without proof is libel.

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 12:46 pm

Use your own analogies, Clappers, and stop using mine !

While I did not suggest that any particular Tories might be crooks, ( not committing libel or - more correctly - defamation by that act ), I DO still suggest that because there are more potential crooks in the Tory party - because of the way that most Tories think, it therefore stands that there has to be more of them actually acting illegally, in this way.

I say this because it is well known that the rich and privileged people in and out of parliament are very used to being able to fiddle taxes and expenses due to their ability and ease of finding and knowing of ways to either avoid or evade these responsibilities.

The people who are at the other end of society - even in politics - do not have the financial resources to be able to practice these habits on a daily basis - as the rich do - as most of them simply cannot afford to go down that route.

This idea is based on historical knowledge of the way that the rich and privileged people have always done such things and does not simply come out of only my - probably-biased - mind.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Nov 2012, 9:50 am

Now it seems that Labour MP Margaret Hodges, so outspoken in her attacks on large corporates not paying enough taxes, is doing exactly the same with her family run business Stemcor

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/tax/9668396/Margaret-Hodges-family-company-pays-just-0.01pc-tax-on-2.1bn-of-business-generated-in-the-UK.html

0.01% tax on 2.1 billion

It would appear to me that Labour have just as many skeletons in their closets as the others!

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 10 Nov 2012, 12:14 pm

Yes, most or at least many of the rich politicians from all shades of society practice these kinds of tax-avoidance or tax evasion tricks and while you seem keen on showing us examples of the Labourites that can afford to do this, ( gleaned from the pages of the Torygraph of course ), you do not seem willing to show that even greater numbers of Tory tricksters carry out these practices.

There are many foreign companies that trade in this country too like Starbucks coffee houses and Amazon that pay no corporation tax here at all. affraid

Oh yes, these loopholes are many and varied but no government of the present or past seem to have the gonads to want to close those loopholes so that these scandals of unpaid tax are stopped.

YET.... all governments and their HMRC hitmen spend a lot of their time terrorising the ordinary earners into paying every penny they think that they owe.

GROSS UNFAIRNESS and something I will continue to fight against until my last dying breath.

Papa......

jim

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2011-05-19

Post by jim on Sat 10 Nov 2012, 3:10 pm

and something I will continue to fight against until my last dying breath.

OK ,papa ,apart from posting on your OWN forum ,where exactly does this fighting take place ????
    Are you out there with the placards ,in the cold and rain .
    Marching with others to protest the "injustice" as you see it
    Or
    Are you lovely and warm ,with a cuppa hot tea. Banging on your Keypad at home ??
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 11 Nov 2012, 2:07 pm

Obviously Jim, you don't have a clue about what it needs for a citizen to be willing to fight that good fight.

Yes, as part of this fight I created this consumer website but in 24 daily hours available I only sit here for around two of them looking after my site. The rest of my time is for me to do what I like with and it is no business of yours what I do with that time.

Safe to say, that my life is full of actions that I take to try to make the lives of my fellow citizens better.

What do you do ?

Do you do ANYTHING other than coming to ROB to act like a troll ?

Then again... don't bother, as I do not give a damn about what you do in your rightist and dogmatic fuge-state

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Nov 2012, 3:27 pm

Maybe you should Paps if you want us to give a damn about your preachings

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:49 pm

The thing is Clapco, that I always listen to and absorb what people write on ROB and then I either take them up in debate about their opinions or facts or, if what they are saying is spurious and abusive I simply either ignore it or if needs be delete it.

By doing this I hope that the people that come here - no matter what wing their politics stems from - are willing to take part in these debates without causing invective and bad-feeling.

This is a difficult balance to maintain when my arguments will always come from a leftist direction but even as a committed lefty I still try very hard to see, understand and consider what my protagonists say.

I do not think that you or Jim do that and that is why I sometimes censure or even censor what I consider is out of line.

Every thing I do in my life is always based around trying to be fair but sometimes the trouble-making and mischievous people that come to ROB make this standard very hard to stick to.

Unlike some, I still DO try very hard to do this.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 6:35 pm