Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Fact or fiction?

Fact or fiction?

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:20 pm

News that British engineers have produced petrol out of thin air was greeted with suspicion yesterday:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/fuel/9619269/British-engineers-produce-amazing-petrol-from-air-technology.html

Although theoretically possible, the amount of energy required reminds me of the story about the Irish forger who was caught forging 10p coins after filing the corners of 50p pieces.

An exciting new development, or one to be consigned to the hoax cupboard with 'cold fusion' and 'the hydrogen economy' - you decide Wink

Clapco
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2585
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Fact or fiction?

Post by zathrus on Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:36 pm

This sounds to me like "junk science" but I am sure Paps will expalin it for us when he gets back.

It certainly looks as if the amount of power that will be used to do this, even if it is possible, would render the task inefficient and therefore too expensive to actually work.

Anyway, even if it did work it would be taxed into oblivion by government, espcially this present mob.

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 9:47 pm