Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Surprise news

Surprise news

Post by Guest on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:23 pm

As unemployment drops to a 15 month low

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/oct/17/uk-unemployment-falls-lowest-ons

It seems that austerity is having a positive effect on the economy - thank heavens for George and the coalition!

Clapco

jim

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2011-05-19

Re: Surprise news

Post by jim on Thu 18 Oct 2012, 6:58 pm

Don't upset papa , he only wants to hear any bad news about the government !
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:29 pm

Speaking for Paps, as he is away at the moment, I feel that I have to say that these figures are nonsense when we realise that any new jobs are either part-time or very lowly paid ones.

The austerity packages that are hitting all of us ordinary people at the moment are doing nothing to change the economy or the real unemployment figures.

If any of you cared to look you would have seen that the unemployment rate in Scotland has actuallly gone up rather than down.

It seems that you people will believe anthing you read in the papers.

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Oct 2012, 4:25 pm

I prefer my own eyes Zath - My company is currently working on a contract in Scotland. When we leave for work 3am Monday morning, there is an army of white vans thundering up the M6/M74. The carriageway to England? Deserted.

The hotel is full of subcontractors putting up windmills. Not a Scot among them.

Yet the next day the pavement is full of overweight, tattooed, drunken, unshaven (and that's just the women) layabouts drinking Tenants super for breakfast.

But you're right - you never see that in the papers.

Clapco

jim

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2011-05-19

Post by jim on Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:52 pm

Ah! The Hairy Mary's

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 2:24 pm