Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Camerons brilliant closing speech

Camerons brilliant closing speech

Post by Guest on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 9:01 am

Shows you should not disregard the Conservatives yet

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges/100184568/ed-miliband-thought-he-had-changed-the-game-david-cameron-has-showed-him-he-was-wrong/

Long live the coalition!

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12201
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Camerons brilliant closing speech

Post by papa_umau on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 2:28 pm

A lot of Cameron's speech was a reaction to Miliband's speech and as far as the unbiased press are concerned the score was Miliband 1 Cameron 0.

Those of us that watched most of the Tory conference will also know that Boris Johnston, ( the blond bombshell ), scored higher on the response-charts than Cameron did.

What Cameron in fact succeeded in doing was ensuring that all of us that watch what he gets up to just proved that he is a servant to many and a master to none as he quoted hard-line Toryism by letter and line.

I for one was not surprised or excited by his poor showing as he continued to placate the grandees in the party with his old-fashioned and already failed rhetoric.

He has tried to be the reforming and centre-ground leader since he was put in position but most of us already know that he is not going to be allowed to appeal to the middle of the road Tories as long as the extremists sit in the background pulling his strings.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 2:46 pm

Wow! I have not had the time to watch as I have to earn a living (and so do my employees) but the consensus from those in the media that are paid to watch it (including the left wing journalist who wrote the article I linked to) reckon it was Cameron 1 Millipede 0

Boris certainly caused a stir, and Osbourne salvaged his reputation, but Cameron gave his 'best speech ever' as he proved he is a man to aspire to, not a 'One Notion' elitist like Millipede.

I think you are just being selective Paps - if you want to influence people you need to accept a little bit of what they believe as true before you can.

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 2:56 pm

That, my friend is a matter of opinion and we all know how the rightists can spin even better and harder than the great spinner, Blair, could do.

I guess , as usual, we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

What I still wonder about is whether you are soon going to make up your mind whether you want to be an anarchist or a rightist Tory as you cannot be both as you must know that even the Tories respect government control and the laws built into democracy that the true anarchists would destroy - given the chance.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 3:02 pm

You are the one that keeps bringing up anarchy - I prefer to think of freedom - freedom to decide for yourself, freedom from the nanny state. Responsibility for your own actions. That used to be the Friedman economic theory but with recent political changes is somewhat unrepresented. The funny thing is Cameron acknowledges that this philosophy is toxic in his bid for the centre ground, and personally I do not support Cameron yet you seem to think I do. He is just far more capable than someone privileged like Millipede who has never done a days work in his life.

Clapco
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 3:11 pm

I think that it is "make your mind up time" Clapco.

I have spoken to a few of my mates about the bits of his speech that were put on the news and to most of them he came across as a leader that was struggling to hold on to his job.

As you might expect, I have to agree with Paps that he was seriously overshadowed by Boris's personality and charisma as Cameron has none of those qualities.

To me he was just another ex-Etonian trying hard to continue to push the idea that all such graduates are "born to rule".

He failed !
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:48 am

Well said Zath, couldn't have put it better myself.

Cameron's show for the faithful Tories was as might have been expected and as these people would give standing ovations to a squawking seal if it wore a blue rosette there was no surprise in anything he did during that lack-lustre speech.

He is a man that is in deep trouble and he knows it and even after putting a brave face on it he did STILL come across as a drowning man in a drowning party.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:11 pm

I hardly think he will be influenced by the opinions of a couple of blokes and their like minded mates. There is plenty of time left to sort the men out from the boys.

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:41 am

The thing is that these particular Tory-boys are so full of themselves after coming out of Eton being sure that they are the class that were born to lead that they are too dim to recognise that the writing is already on the wall.

Them and their party are dying by a thousand cuts and they have no idea whatsoever about what to do to stop the rot.

By the time the next GE comes around the Tory party and their rabid hangers-on are going to be reduced to a hard-core of Euro-hating extremists and nothing else.

Maybe after they are defeated at the next GE they can get together with what will be left of the UKIP mob and then they can lick each-other's wounds.

They are not going to be fit for ANYTHING else !

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 11:07 am