Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Osborne hits the bottom end with another 10 billion cuts.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Osborne hits the bottom end with another 10 billion cuts.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:36 am

George Osborne: "austerity may last until 2018"

Chancellor outlines plans for fresh round of 10bn of welfare cuts, saying economy is 'healing' more slowly than expected.

See the full story HERE.

The thing is....Why does he feel that after an already draconian set of cuts in his welfare budget he needs to cut 10 billion more ?

I mean, how the hell does he equate the cuts that he feels he needs to make with taking this money away from the poorest people in our society ?

At least one thing will be a Godsend, and that will be that he and his cruel cronies will not be in power after 2015 and any further austerity plans will be drawn up by the government that WILL be in power then.

Papa......

Re: Osborne hits the bottom end with another 10 billion cuts.

Post by Guest on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:01 pm

He is actually taking the money away from the greedy landlords in the buy to rent market - these leeches have been bleeding the country dry for years with their rents that nobody questions and housing benefit pays.

Sure there will probably be a standoff between landlord and tenant, but as there is currently no other way of determining market rent what do we do? Continue pouring our money down the drain?

At least Osbourne is trying to do something about this rip-off

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:58 pm

While I agree with your point about the greedy privateer landlords and their rip-off charges to tenants I do not think that Osborne's constant attacks on the poorest people in our society is any way for a chancellor to behave.

Being a Tory and having to assuage the desires of his back-benchers he is driven to hammer the welfare budget rather than generating extra revenue by hammering the well-off instead. He and his pal Cameron WILL be remembered for these draconian attacks on the poor at the next GE.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:11 pm

At least he will be remembered for his resolve rather than his profligacy!

Give me the coalition anytime

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:01 pm

These guys have "u-turned" a number of times during this period of power but they are terrified to "U-turn" as far as hammering the welfare budget is concerned as the very powerful 1922 committee of fundamentalist Tories - in the background - would decimate them if they started to look as if they were going "soft" on welfare reform.

This stubborn-ness and inability to see that they are going wrong as far as this useless and ineffective austerity drive is concerned, and the dead-headed desire not to be seen to go for any kind of plan "B" is what is going to destroy these two at the next GE.

Right at this moment their standing in the opinion polls is only slightly higher - right at the bottom - than their Liberal Democrat Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Danny Alexander in his abortive bid to be true to both camps.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:22 pm

You mean to say they U-turned almost as much as the previous Labour government....

As to the 1922 committee they are merely backbenchers without the power you suppose - once the opinion polls start to show Cameron was right and the election looms they will jettison any suggestions of right wing politics indeed anything that threatens to get in the way of them being re-elected.

As to austerity, I have already pointed out to you only you seem to ignore the evidence - these are the cutless cuts. Osbourne is carrying on spending as Darling n Bruin were.

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:26 am

Clapco wrote:You mean to say they U-turned almost as much as the previous Labour government....

As to the 1922 committee they are merely backbenchers without the power you suppose - once the opinion polls start to show Cameron was right and the election looms they will jettison any suggestions of right wing politics indeed anything that threatens to get in the way of them being re-elected.

As to austerity, I have already pointed out to you only you seem to ignore the evidence - these are the cutless cuts. Osbourne is carrying on spending as Darling n Bruin were.

Clapco

I will refer to your points one-at-a-time:

As far as "u"-turns is concerned, you are trying to compare apples with pears. Not a good thing to try to do.

Do NOT underestimate the power of the 1922 committee because many Tory leaders of the past have done that, to their ultimate chagrin and eventual destruction. ( Please read THIS )

The polls are never going to "start to show Cameron as right" as once they are heading for the deep six they usually keep on going down. Yes, Cameron will try to put a spin on his policies coming up to the next election but I am totally sure that the electorate have already made their minds up about this wrong-headed bunch and no squirming or turning will get Cameron and Osborne out of the hole within which they are deeply lost.

I will agree that these cuts are having no effect whatsoever against the amount of borrowing or the debts of this country, ( that is why people like me are calling for a "plan "B" ), but you can be assured that the people who are losing money in the austerity drive are NOT the people at the top - who Cameron and Osborne spend all of their working hours trying to protect.

Your rose-tinted glasses and your selective viewing of this awful government is continuing to blind you to the undeniable facts.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 3:12 pm

I will refer to your points one-at-a-time:

As far as "u"-turns is concerned, you are trying to compare apples is apples; U-turns are u-turns

Do NOT overestimate the power of the 1922 committee because many Labour leaders of the past have done that, to their ultimate chagrin and eventual destruction.

The polls are going to "start to show Cameron as right" as once they are heading for the deep six they usually change course. Yes, Millipede will try to put a spin on his policies coming up to the next election but I am totally sure that the electorate have already made their minds up about this wrong-headed bunch and no squirming or turning will get Millipede and Balls out of the hole within which they are deeply lost.

I am finally getting through to you about the cutless cuts though and pleased to see you agree we need more of them (plan 'B' is that after all)

Your rose-tinted glasses and your selective viewing of this wonderful government is continuing to blind you to the undeniable facts. You have a short memory given that only 2 years ago Bruin ruined the economy with almighty ease!

Claps
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 2:30 pm

Yeah......OK.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017, 3:38 pm