Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The Dutch creating jobs for the unemployed. In Britain ?, forget it.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

The Dutch creating jobs for the unemployed. In Britain ?, forget it.

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 2:10 pm

Hi Folk, please go here,

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/dutch-city-puts-jobless-back-041054464.html

The vast difference in Britain is that the Tory's do not want people in work, the Tory's like to humiliate, degrade, ect, with mass unemployment, and degrading wages. This is their arrogance.

Norway and Europe are modern, Britain remains living with a subservient class structure.

Re: The Dutch creating jobs for the unemployed. In Britain ?, forget it.

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 8:18 am

This was a good post Ivanhoe spoiled by your naive comment about the Tories. Of course they don't want unemployment - that is in nobody's interest. People like you with your fixation on Mrs Thatcher are the reason that innovative schemes like this (and it is not just the Netherlands BTW, Spain has a similar concept) go un-noticed. You will have realised I keep posting about the unemployed too. There is a lot we can do to make their lot better. Sitting around whingeing is not one of them.

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:54 pm

I also think that it is good to "encourage" the unemployed to get out of their beds in the morning so that they do not lose the work-ethic by being out of work for too long.

Having said that I do not like the idea that such people should be turned into public slaves just so that they can "earn" their benefits. ( After all, unemployment benefit, - or as it is now known as, Job-Seekers Allowance - is already paid for by the millions of people that fund the welfare state via there normal taxes and national-insurance taxes when they were/are working ).

The only way that this would be acceptable in any decent and humanitarian country would be if these people were paid at least the minimum wage for doing these jobs rather than just getting work done at slave-wage-rates.

It does now seem, though, that each of the benefits that we receive via the welfare state have to be paid for TWICE if we are in a situation where we need to draw on this system. I say, if this system is not being financed fully by national insurance then national insurance needs to be raised so that it does fund the welfare state properly.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 1:09 pm

It is already 25.8% in addition to PAYE which is 20% - isn't it about time we started getting value for money?

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 2:01 pm

My whole life on and off this internet is based around the argument of fairness and "value for money" and whenever I see poor value for money I am always encouraged to step in and try to do something about it.

The difference between you and me is that our values are completely different and what is important to me is not important to you.

Because of this situation I very much doubt if I can get you on-board the same vehicle as I am on when I do what I do to try to make things right for the ones that are used and abused by the don't-give-a-damn people out there.

In fact.... I think you are one of those "don't-give-a-damn" people and sometimes I wonder why I even try to get through to you.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 4:52 pm

Your arrogance is astounding Paps - you don't know what is important to me and what is not yet you talk down to me as if I was a weegie.

I do agree with you about value for money though, nowhere more so than in the use of the taxpayers money.

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:30 am

No-one wants to be called one of them "don't-give-a-damn" people as everyone always seem to think that they do until their flaws are pointed out.

Nobody likes having their flaws pointed out.

As the man says....."If the cap fits......" .

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 12:36 pm

And boy you have plenty of flaws....

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:03 pm

And.... the great difference between you and me is the fact that I know my flaws but you are not prepared to admit to having any at all.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:50 pm