Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The Labour Party Conference. The Unions. Ed Milliband's speech. What I thought.?

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

The Labour Party Conference. The Unions. Ed Milliband's speech. What I thought.?

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 10:18 am

Len McCluskey, Dave Prentis and Mick Whelan, are on the side of working people being made to work longer for less of a pension. This is the Tory way for the working classes. And the Unions "are" doing their job.

Britain is a very rich country, yet our workers are paying the price of free market deregulation since the 80's.

This for me was the main critic' of Ed Milliband's speech.

Also, I never became a Labour supporter and activist to uphold any form of privatisation. I want Labour to go back to it's roots, having been formed care of the Unions in the first place, to protect and fight for the interests of all working people, even if some working people think they are middle class, they are in fact working class, who could still lose their jobs over night in our continuing market lead country.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: The Labour Party Conference. The Unions. Ed Milliband's speech. What I thought.?

Post by papa_umau on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 10:41 am

I thought that even although Ed's speech was rather lacking in content, ( I watched it all BTW ), I thought that it was the best speech he has made since he become Labour leader and leader of her majesty's opposition.

He was articulate, strong, unafraid of hammering the Tories and managed to find the line that runs somewhere between Old-Labour and New-Labour. ( Our line, I might suggest ).

I do think that he is a better choice for leader than his brother David as he is a true reformer while his brother - being a confirmed Blairite - would just have have been "more-of-the-same".I am now looking forward to more traditional Labour ethics coming through as - with his now-passed Marxist father's influence behind him - he shapes the party to his own design and I will not be a lot surprised if a few of our ideas are built into that reformation of the party.

I guess only the future will tell if he actually has the right stuff or not.

I cannot wait !

Papa......

Re: The Labour Party Conference. The Unions. Ed Milliband's speech. What I thought.?

Post by Guest on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 11:27 am

Ivanhoe - we are all living longer so whether you, the unions or whoever agree or not WE WILL ALL HAVE TO RETIRE AT A GREATER AGE

The sooner your muppet mates in the unions accept the realities of life, the sooner they can resume their rightful part in government once more. When they do toe the line they get to sit at the top table - so if you want to achieve you goals, do it realistically like Bliar did.

Clapco

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 11:56 am

Clapco wrote:Ivanhoe - we are all living longer so whether you, the unions or whoever agree or not WE WILL ALL HAVE TO RETIRE AT A GREATER AGE

The sooner your muppet mates in the unions accept the realities of life, the sooner they can resume their rightful part in government once more. When they do toe the line they get to sit at the top table - so if you want to achieve you goals, do it realistically like Bliar did.

Clapco

Clapco, this is probably going to get me banned. ( Expletive deleted ).

Post by Guest on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 3:47 pm

Ivanhoe - I don't agree with what you say either but I will defend your right to say it. You have until Paps gets back tomorrow to edit it out - though I think you will have to do far worse than that to get a ban Smile

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:27 am

While it is true that better medicine, better hygiene and better dietary discipline is making many people now live longer I see no reason for punishing such people by making their lives more miserable than they already are when they are already struggling to subsist.

Yes, we should pay a bit more for the services that we get when we get old but the fact that we do now live longer should not be used as an argument to hammer us with too much extra taxation and a reduced time in retirement.

We should be enjoying the fact that our health - in general - is better in our twilight years and we should not be punished for this fact.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:42 am

papa_umau wrote:While it is true that better medicine, better hygiene and better dietary discipline is making many people now live longer I see no reason for punishing such people by making their lives more miserable than they already are when they are already struggling to subsist.

Yes, we should pay a bit more for the services that we get when we get old but the fact that we do now live longer should not be used as an argument to hammer us with too much extra taxation and a reduced time in retirement.

We should be enjoying the fact that our health - in general - is better in our twilight years and we should not be punished for this fact.

Well we are being punished Papa, and the Tory's dont give a damn.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:51 am

Very true Ivanhoe, but I think that it is the elderly and the country's pensioners that are in the very front when this cowardly government attack the weak, the poor and the sick.

Be certain-sure that they will get their come-uppance when the time comes around.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:54 am

papa_umau wrote:Very true Ivanhoe, but I think that it is the elderly and the country's pensioners that are in the very front when this cowardly government attack the weak, the poor and the sick.

Be certain-sure that they will get their come-uppance when the time comes around.

Oh brother, how the hell did this country ever sink so low ?. Thatcher and her pig ignorant supporters, that's how.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:01 pm

As I have often said before....Don't blame all of the people of this country as while many people are not politically-minded here in Britain, I think that more and more are now getting that way and are thinking about doing the right thing and finally getting rid of this awful coalition of unholy partners.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:07 pm

Guys are you STILL in denial?

Thatcher resigned 22 years ago - get used to it and move on. You two are like a stuck record.

GAH

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:17 am