Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Did Jim fix it for you?

Did Jim fix it for you?

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:33 pm

As more evidence emerges as to why Savile defended Gary Glitter when he was nicked years ago, the BBC is looking increasingly isolated that it covered up his little hobby over the years.

What I want to know is just how many more of these do gooders are doing it to cover up their vile habits?

Claco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12341
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Did Jim fix it for you?

Post by papa_umau on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:49 pm

I don't usually react in any way to rumour and speculation, I leave that up to the gutter-press.

But then again, the tabloids have never shied away from demonising anybody without measurable proof.

I might have thought that after the phone-hacking scandal and the demise of the "News-of-the-screws" they might have learned better.

Seems not !

Having said that I am sure that there will always be plenty of people that see fire where their might be smoke and the gutter-press depends on that kind of a "soapy" response from their readers.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:52 pm

So you think he is innocent? Why are all these people coming forward now claiming to have been abused?

I hope you are not trying to defend the indefensible Paps...

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:55 pm

I said nothing of the sort !

Read it again.

Maybe I am being too subtle for you again.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:28 pm

You said it was 'rumour' 'speculation' 'without measurable proof' 'smoke' - sounds like a defence to me...

Claco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

Rumour, speculation and allegation are not anything that should make anybody jump to any conclusions.

Let us wait and see what facts come up in this new examination of the allegations before hanging, drawing and quartering this now-dead guy.

Please remember that one of the main ethics of our justice system is that any person is innocent until proven guilty.

The again, are you one of those mindless yobs that chase after prison vans and hammer and spit on the windows before any actual evidence has been presented.

It is people like you that the tabloids are especially formatted to appeal to !

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sun 28 Oct 2012, 3:09 pm

What have Jimmy Saville, Margaret Thatcher and Arthur Scargill got in common?

They all shafted miners in the 80s....

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 12:09 pm

Now you are making light of a VERY serious subject !

I have to admit that the allegations concerning Savile and his cronies are piling up at a great rate of knots and I have no idea where this story is going to end.

Yesterday the tabloids reported that Gary Glitter had been arrested AGAIN in connection with this case and they said that there are a lot more important people going to feel the weight of a policeman's hand on their collars over these allegations.

THAT...I am looking forward to immensely !

Having said that, I STILL prefer to reserve judgement about this until a full trial has been conducted and the guilty parties have been dealt with - in due course.

One thing IS sure: Savile will not serve a day for his alleged crimes !

Papa......

Post by Guest on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 12:20 pm

On a serious note isn't it time these laws were updated? I know Harriet Hymen was trying to get the age of consent lowered to 14 and that many offences occur unknowingly when girls lie about their age to get off with celebrities. That does not excuse predatory behaviour and abuse of position of course, but there is a lot of media hysteria about paedophiles.

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 1:25 pm

Now YOU sound as if you are supporting paedophilia !

While I agree that the tabloids just love a story about alleged paedophiles, I am sure that it is good that this subject is kept to the forefront of people's minds.

I think that we can be sure that the tabloids will do that for us as that kind of copy always sells many millions off newspapers.

I think that such present laws are fine.... they just need to be enforced a bit better.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 9:47 pm