Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

What about Clegg at the Lib-Dem conference ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12466
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

What about Clegg at the Lib-Dem conference ?

Post by papa_umau on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 12:52 pm

I was spluttering on my cuppa when I watched Clegg trying to wind up his demoralised troops by saying that: "Liberal Democrat no longer means protesters it now means power".

This twit was trying to con his conference, ( no pun intended ), that so long as the party hangs on to the coat-tails of the Tories they will be a "party of power".

"How deluded is this bloke going to get" I have to ask, as surely both he and his party members know that once the connection is broken with the Tories that they are going to go right back into being third or maybe even fourth in line for election.

One thing is sure - I think - and that is that once Clegg loses his Deputy Premiership as a present from the Tories he is going to fall into total oblivion.

Anybody ?

Papa......

Re: What about Clegg at the Lib-Dem conference ?

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 1:10 pm

He is right - the Libs have power for the first time in years. And are they grateful? Are they heck.

They would be on the same hiding to nothing if they did a Lib Lab pact which proves what a waste of time it is voting for a minority party.

Clapco

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 3:37 pm

Clapco wrote:He is right - the Libs have power for the first time in years. And are they grateful? Are they heck.

They would be on the same hiding to nothing if they did a Lib Lab pact which proves what a waste of time it is voting for a minority party.

Clapco

I do not have Papa's tolerance. I do not suffer fools gladly.

Moderator's note.... Please do not get drawn into invective with Clapco as as soon as that happens the Trolls have won.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 3:39 pm

papa_umau wrote:I was spluttering on my cuppa when I watched Clegg trying to wind up his demoralised troops by saying that: "Liberal Democrat no longer means protesters it now means power".

This twit was trying to con his conference, ( no pun intended ), that so long as the party hangs on to the coat-tails of the Tories they will be a "party of power".

"How deluded is this bloke going to get" I have to ask, as surely both he and his party members know that once the connection is broken with the Tories that they are going to go right back into being third or maybe even fourth in line for election.

One thing is sure - I think - and that is that once Clegg loses his Deputy Premiership as a present from the Tories he is going to fall into total oblivion.

Anybody ?

There are gonna be tears on election day in 2015 when Clegg's party are wiped off the political map, along with Paddy Ashdown's patronising smirky grin.

Last edited by Ivanhoe on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 3:41 pm

papa_umau wrote:I was spluttering on my cuppa when I watched Clegg trying to wind up his demoralised troops by saying that: "Liberal Democrat no longer means protesters it now means power".

Anybody ?

The Lib-Dems must know they are finished. I cannot believe that Ashdown and Cable can lack insight here.????????
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:27 pm

Clapco wrote:He is right - the Libs have power for the first time in years. And are they grateful? Are they heck.

Clapco

Yes they do have some kind of power that drips from the Tory chalice but if anybody watches what is going on here they will find that the Lib-Dem partners in this unholy coalition are having to drop many of their flagship policies to be able to retain that power. As coalition partners this version of the Liberal Democrats is nothing like what a true Liberal Democrat government would look like. The forty pieces of silver that Clegg has paid in order to get that tiny bit of power is going to blow away once the Lib-Dem rebels get their way.

This coat-tails deal is a very temporary one and Clegg, Ashdown and Cable already know this.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 1:02 pm

Who do these punters think they are kidding ?

They are hanging on to the Tory coat-tails and they will disappear when the Tories disappear.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 3:29 pm

zathrus wrote:Who do these punters think they are kidding ?

They are hanging on to the Tory coat-tails and they will disappear when the Tories disappear.

Roll on a year from today, that's when the panickings going to start in this coalition.

Post by Guest on Sat 29 Sep 2012, 8:06 am

the same rules apply for the Conservatives so don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

The all powerful 1922 committee as some would have us think is peopled by malcontents and rejects and given too much sway by the media. The cabinet realise they are there but for the grace of the Libs and they too have given up much of the stereotypical Conservative positions.

This is the great thing about the coalition - both sides need to keep their feet firmly on the ground which is why it is such a good thing for Britain and such a bad thing for Labour. LONG LIVE THE COALITION!

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 29 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

I am sorry Clapco but that statement bears no resemblance to truth !

Yes, both the Tories and the Lib-Dems in this unholy coalition are shoring up each-other in their attempts to ensure that the coalition does not collapse, but anyone who can see is seeing that it is the Tories that are rolling over many of the Lib-Dem promised polices.

The back-benchers in both the Tory camp and the Lib-Dem camp are just waiting for either of their misguided leaders to bare their throats and they are going rip them out and hope to start from scratch.

Of course the coalition has already done so much damage to Tory and Lid-Dem policies and to the country, that they are BOTH going to fall into the deep six as soon as they go to the country again.

The sooner the better as far as I am concerned !

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 7:10 am