Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

ATOS bill is same as 55,000 benefit claimants !

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12108
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

ATOS bill is same as 55,000 benefit claimants !

Post by papa_umau on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 1:21 pm

While each day passes we are seeing time and time again just how awful it is while this private company are being used like a big hammer to crush many of the sick and disabled people it was designed to remove from benefits.

There was fury yesterday when it emerged that the controversial ATOS contracts to axe benefits would have covered the cost of helping more than 55,000 disabled and handicapped Scots. ( And if this is the case in Scotland alone, how much is this cruel company going to cost the British taxpayers for doing the same distasteful work in the rest of the country ? ).

This French firm are being handed a massive wad of taxpayers cash to carry out humiliating assessments on the disabled, which are designed to drive down the benefits bill.

ATOS are receiving in total an eye-watering 206 million from The Department for Work and Pensions, ( DWP ),

Now Ian Duncan Smith, the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions is to introduce the "Universal Credit" whereby with a broad brush he will scrap all of the previous tailor-made credits and benefits and replace them all with one benefit that is said will save millions of pounds on bureaucracy costs.

I am sure that while many people will welcome the savings made from reduced bureaucracy I fear that such a one-size-fits-all benefit is almost certainly going to see many people losing out on what they receive in benefits at the moment.

Some may even see this as just another Tory attack on the weak and the sick and the disabled.

Anybody ?

Last edited by papa_umau on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2520
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: ATOS bill is same as 55,000 benefit claimants !

Post by zathrus on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 1:28 pm

So, for us, the taxpayers, to be better off this company are going to have to save what they cost in benefits reductions if they are going to be worth their forty pieces of silver ?

I doubt very much if they will save that amount of money and even if they do how many people are they going to be sending into misery when they do it ?

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:36 pm

The real question is - how much did the civil service cost the country to do the same job? I'd hazard a guess that with their gold plated pensions, extended holidays and short working hours it was a whole lot more!

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 11:09 am

You really are a very biased individual aren't you ?

I would like to suggest that while the civil service are working anyway it would not have cost the taxpayer all that much extra for them to do that job while they do all the other ones we don't know about and take for granted.

Just about everybody that is anybody out there, ( outside the privatisation-daft Tories ), are now calling for this inefficient and cruel mob to be sacked because they are "not fit for purpose".

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2406
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 12:22 pm

ATOS, "not fit for purpose" is a very apt description of this bunch of no-users.

I think, though that they are taking the stick for applying what the Tory government do not have the courage to apply themselves.

The stain that this company will leave when it is gone will still damage Cameron and his millionaire cronies even if they have tried to wash their hands of what is happening under this regime.

Post by Guest on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 8:48 am

It is clear you are not an accountant Paps - there is a huge difference between opportunity cost, historic cost and replacement cost and you cannot compare these methods with each other. When considering whether to outsource of not you have to take into account the full cost of everything associated with the task, not just assume they would be doing something else anyway.

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 11:55 am

In my experience, "outsourcing" has proven to be cheaper - in most cases, yes - but almost always any service that is done by companies that are out of this country or even in this country that are not public companies usually deliver a much poorer service so long as that service is based around the profit motive.

Why do you think that many companies that are now bringing back such services "in-house" and are advertising the fact that they are not driven by the needs of shareholders, ( like The Co-op bank and The Nationwide bank and Building Society ), are now grabbing a larger share of the available market ?

Simple..... People now know that so long as they have to first get past the need for these companies to make big profits and to pay their executives silly money and to ensure high dividends for their shareholders their service is always going to always be last in that line of requirements.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 4:04 pm

Paps - you have no experience remember? You have never EVER managed a business of any type that employed people. You are the little boy looking in through the window while the real men go in through the front door. Sorry m8 but the truth often hurts.

Clapco
    TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 4:09 pm

Watch it Clapco, motty was banned for less. Miss him so much.
    Tuppence
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:29 pm

As I have said many times before: One does not need to get bitten in the bum by a cobra to know that it is a dangerous animal.

If you are AGAIN missing this analogy, what it means is that one does not need to do everything to know about everything as information is easily gleaned by anyone who is interested and wants to know that information.

NOT saying - of course - that I "know everything" but in my sixty-eight years of being fully qualified in two trades and one profession and as one that has covered a fair bit of this globe and always had an enquiring mind, I think that I have a fairly good stock of knowledge built up that I can accurately refer to.

If I don't have any particular knowledge directly available to me from memory I have, what my mother once told me I have: "A good Scots tongue in my head along with an open mind !"

And yes, just as Tuppence says: "You are really pushing your luck these days matie !"

Papa......

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:39 pm

My mom used to say 'A good man knows his own limitations'

Clapco
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:14 pm

And my wise old Irish granny used to say that "No great man was ever dictated to by his limitations !"

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 1:39 pm