Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Congratulations to Andy Murray !

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12115
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Congratulations to Andy Murray !

Post by papa_umau on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:55 am

It was with great celebration that all of Scotland and most of the rest of Britain and the world received the news that our Andy had finally achieved his first grand slam in the US Open tournament, against Novak Djokovic.

Well done Andy and be sure that many people in the world will be pleased and proud to see your name go up - in gold - on the score board at Flushing Meadows after it has been 76 years since a Brit, ( Fred Perry ), was acclaimed in the American Tennis Open championship.

It is even more fantastic that Andy's coach, the great Ivan Lendl, did exactly the same, ( had four defeats before claiming his first grand slam ), in his remarkable history.

Read more about this fantastic occasion HERE.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2527
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Congratulations to Andy Murray !

Post by zathrus on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 10:21 am

Yes Paps, as even if I am not a Scot I really think that Andy Murray is one great BRIT.

Some one in the press was calling for Andy to get a knighthood, but I think that that is ridiculous as he is still too young for anything along those lines. Mind you, I think he will be a great candidate for Sportsman of the Year.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12115
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:52 pm

Yeah, the idea of a knighthood is just foolish at the moment, but I do agree that he has to be on the short-list for "Sportsman of the Year".

It is great that at last Tim Henman will now no longer be the face we see as Britain's front-man as he was never done anything worth crowing about in his lack-lustre career.

All we need now is for Andy to break Wimbledon and we will see "Henman-Hill" being finally renamed as "Murray-mound" - as it should be. Twisted Evil

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 6:02 pm