Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Back for a visit - and a wee bit of help

riders_on_the_storm
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 463
    Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back for a visit - and a wee bit of help

Post by riders_on_the_storm on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:38 pm

Hello all

Hello Paps Smile how are things in ROB forum? I've been hellish busy with a lot of stuff lately - long story - no not been in jail Smile I'll try and pop in a bit more now as things are cooling off a wee bit.

Anywhoos I had a big parcel for some car bits delivered recently and I used the services of a courier to pick them up off the bloke in England, booked through a site called p4d - parcel for delivery - a 3rd party who let you book courier services with couriers for "discount" prices.

http://www.p4d.co.uk/?gclid=CILJjL6EmrICFVMbtAodm1oA0Q

The courier was city link and I booked next day delivery, so next day I waited and waited - nothing, and then got the parcel next day. I then contacted the p4d mob to see what was the deal and if I could get a refund but no dice. They sent me the link to a page is my service guaranteed? here:

http://www.p4d.co.uk/faq/is-my-service-guaranteed

It says amongst other things:

If Next Day services are paid for but deliveries take longer, the difference between a Next Day service and the slower service is refunded. If timed deliveries are chosen, but not delivered on time, the difference between the service chosen and the one delivered will be

So is it just me or do they not owe me the difference between the beer tokens I paid for next day delivery and the amount it costs for the cheaper service?

When I pointed this out they said:

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for looking at the link.
    City Link only offer a next day service as a standard service.
    Where as if you look at Parcel Force for example they offer a 24 hour service and a 48 hour service. If the parcel was not delivered within the 24 hours then the customer would receive a refund of the difference between the 24 hour and the 48 hour service.
    On this occasion as the booking was placed with City Link then we can not issue a refund as this is the standard service they provide.

So what has my order got to do with parcel force? I never used them. All I see is that I used next day delivery, which is not guaranteed, and in that case they say they refund the difference if they don't delivery as I stated above from their own site.

Any thoughts bhoys and gulls?

Thanks

Andrew
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12341
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Back for a visit - and a wee bit of help

Post by papa_umau on Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:30 pm

That's an interesting one Andrew. I have never actually heard that complaint before.

I mean, if they do not guarantee "next day delivery" and you have paid extra for this service they must be under contract to do what their advert states.

If they cannot give a next day delivery for any of the reasons mentioned on their website then they MUST let you know why the could not complete the contract on time.

In the commercial field it is accepted by all that if a contract is not fulfilled then fines will be laid on the company for this failure.

They cannot simply get out of their responsibility to you within that contract by hiding a get-out clause somewhere on their site.

The least I would expect from that company is a refund of the cash you paid for the next day delivery if they did not deliver on the "next day".

I would push this one a bit further if you feel like it as a principle is at stake here.

If you want to quote ROB, or even this thread, then go ahead as no company likes bad advertising.

You might get a good link or telephone number from the self-help sub-forum HERE if you click on the link and have a look at it.

Best of luck to you.

Papa......

riders_on_the_storm
    Major
    Major

Post by riders_on_the_storm on Tue 04 Sep 2012, 7:33 pm

That's correct paps they do not guarantee it but they offer a guarantee of a refund if they fail to deliver (literally). In this case they are refusing to acknowledge their own guarantee of a refund, after showing me the explicit wording of it. I am going to ask to speak to whoever is in charge and ask them to explain how they can say one thing and do another.

regards

Andrew
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:02 am

That's great Andrew !

We here at ROB have always tried to encourage the site-users to stick to their guns in disputes like this one.

A lawyers letter almost always brings good results, but that would cost you a further thirty or so quid.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2465
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:59 am

Hi Andrew, nice to talk to you again.

For that precise reason I never choose to pay extra for "next day delivery" as I find that the standard delivery is almost always just about as fast as the next day delivery is.

It's a bit like first and second class post with the Royal Mail as they almost never make any obviously faster deliveries when one pays the extra for first class mail.

Since they banged up the rate of a first class stamp I resist strongly paying that new price.
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2585
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 10:06 am

That's true Angie, as I never get my mail delivered at the same time every day and I get first-class mail delivered with second class mail quite regularly.

The cost of first and second class snail-mail these days only encourages many of us to drop that way of communication for the preferred internet e-mail systems.

And yet, there is still tons of tree-destroying circulars and sales bumph coming through my letter box every day which goes straight into the recycle bin unopened.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:51 am

Wearing off Andrew's topic here a bit guys !

Papa......

riders_on_the_storm
    Major
    Major

Post by riders_on_the_storm on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 8:08 pm

Angie baby wrote:Hi Andrew, nice to talk to you again.

For that precise reason I never choose to pay extra for "next day delivery" as I find that the standard delivery is almost always just about as fast as the next day delivery is.

It's a bit like first and second class post with the Royal Mail as they almost never make any obviously faster deliveries when one pays the extra for first class mail.

Since they banged up the rate of a first class stamp I resist strongly paying that new price.

Hi Angie

Nice to talk to you again as well!

Yes agree about the stamp prices they seemed to move the service you get for 2nd class to first class but bump up the price for 1st class, but 2nd class seems no different. They have ways and means of extracting more and more while you get less and less.

In my case I have managed to get a 6 pound refund - wow great they said that was the equivalent difference between the slower service and next day, so I paid an extra 6 pound to get the same service - what was I just saying about stamps!!?

Andrew

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 9:46 pm