Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Cameron and Clegg under the cosh from their own people.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Cameron and Clegg under the cosh from their own people.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:02 pm

Now that the MPs holidays are almost over it has been reported that both David Cameron and Nick Clegg are coming back to high rebellion in their own parties. It is thought that both of these people will have leadership challenges soon after they take up their posts.

Read about this HERE.

Do we think that these two can survive these attacks and will they be the leaders of their parties for much longer ?

AND....does this bode well or badly for the coalition ?

Papa......

Re: Cameron and Clegg under the cosh from their own people.

Post by Guest on Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:34 pm

ZZZZzzzzz another non story to stir the $hit about the coalition. Lets see the outcome of the cabinet reshuffle first!

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:57 am

Never mind the ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzs. It is time that you woke up and smelled the coffee as the coalition and that God-awful partnership are in dire straits at the moment.

They will try their damndest to look as if all is great in the coalition garden but anyone that has the acuity to know better knows that this partnership is hanging on by a very thin thread.

It is the "reshuffle" that is the smokescreen, as Cameron hopes that these moves are going to take the spotlight off him and his traitorous sidekick.

Look through the smoke if you can and you will see what REALLY is going on.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm

What is really going on is that they have to sort out the unholy mess left behind by Bruin.

If you seriously expect anyone to trust Labour again then there is something seriously wrong with your calculations

CC

jim

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2011-05-19

Post by jim on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 4:22 pm

Ed Miliband has said the reshuffle leaves in place the "same old faces and the same old policies" as he clashed with David Cameron in the Commons.

SAME OLD FACES
    Ed Miliband - special advisor to Gordon Brown
    Ed Balls -Economic advisor to Gordon Brown
    Yvette Cooper - Chief secretary to treasury

SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT CREATED THE FINANCIAL MESS THAT THE UK IS IN Evil or Very Mad

OH1 THAT'S A STRONG COFFEE SMELL WITH A HINT OF SOUR GRAPES !
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:37 pm

Most of us know and will admit about Gordon Brown's flaws, as God knows he had plenty of them, but we must not confuse what happened under Blair and Brown and the New-Labour poor copy of the Tory-party with what SHOULD happen if the standards found in the true Labour movement were to be re-introduced at the next election.

Ignorance often causes people to tar everybody with the same or similar brush when in fact the differences between a traditional Labour government and one that was a nasty copy of the Tories are plain for everyone that has an open mind to see.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 12:21 pm

I agree that Brown did a God-awful job, both as Chancellor and PM, but Cameron is closely following him in the unpopularity stakes.

Personally, at the next General Election, unless a credible Party steps up, (and I don't mean a one-purpose Party like UKIP or The Pensioners' Party), I will be casting my vote for the least harmful party. I don't think there's anything to choose between the two and a half major Parties!

HG
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 12:34 pm

Being a working man I have some attraction for the Labour movement as it was originally introduced to look after the needs of the working classes. I think that too many people in Britain now feel that they are middle-class and that this kids them on that they are better than the common five eighths like me.

If I can see a real Labour party asking for my vote next time round I will be giving them my vote as I am sure that most people in this country are now sick to the back teeth of governments that say they are one thing and that then do another.

Miliband has a long way to go to persuade me but I am sitting here waiting for him to say the things that I need him to say.

Bruin and Blair are now all but dead and buried along with their failed New-Labour government and that leaves a gaping hole for some party of fairness and ethics to rise up and fill that hole.
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 12:38 pm

I would agree with you Zath, but it's a big ask. A Credible Labour Party is much to be desired.

My parents were both staunch Labour voters, my mother used to help in the committee rooms in Polling days, as did I. often doing the running with the numbers so we could see who had voted. My mother also used to help with the Counting.

Cheers, HG

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 1:34 pm