Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Too good to be true?

Too good to be true?

Post by Guest on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:55 pm

We are constantly plagued by home improvement companies telephoning and offering their wares, but recently the product on sale is being offered free of charge and takes the form of loft and cavity wall insulation.

My natural tendency is to tell any door to door salesmen to go where the sun doesn't shine, but I see now the deal has gone mainstream and British Gas are offering to insulate your home for free

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/property/british-gas-free-insulation/9482252/offer-free-home-insulation.html?utm_source=tmg&utm_medium=TD_BritishGas&utm_campaign=britishgas3008pm

Is this a scam or a genuine opportunity to get your own back on British Gas?

Anyone got any experience? How does the scheme work? What is the catch? Or is there really such a thing as a free lunch?

Clapco

Last edited by Clapco on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link corrupt)
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Too good to be true?

Post by papa_umau on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

If you want the answer to that question just pop "Free insulation" into your search-engine and you will come up with THIS. ( Scroll down and read the important terms and conditions in the small print at the bottom of the page ).

If I can do it so can you.....surely ?

This deal is in fact a short-term government-sponsored, ( paid for by the taxpayers as usual ), deal and it was introduced in order to attempt to ensure that as many as possible homes in Britain have good insulation. This, of course, is based on the fact that the better your insulation is the less energy your home is going to consume and the less electricity and gas that is going to be required to keep us all warm and cosy - at lessened cost.

Got to be a good idea as long as it lasts !

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:26 pm

Yes, I wondered about this one too.

Thanks for clearing it up Papa.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:34 pm

The whole point I think, is, that if your home is badly insulated you are going to be sending a lot of the money you pay for energy, down the drain.

I think that if any of you qualify for it, ( see the small-print in the link I gave, above ), you should jump at the chance while the going is good.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

Don't qualify so the whole matter is moot to me !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 2:39 pm