Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

A worry in the middle East ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12578
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

A worry in the middle East ?

Post by papa_umau on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 11:25 am

I don't know about you guys, but while I have been watching all of the unrest in half a dozen Middle-Eastern states recently I have seen the hand of The Islamic Brotherhood in action in almost all of these states.

I find it also rather strange that any time that any people's revolution starts up in any of these states - as in the so-called "Arab Spring" - that we in the West almost always take the part of the rebels in these conflicts.

When we realise that almost all of these uprisings have the Islamic Brotherhood at their heart surely we must realise that once they have managed to get the power that they want, that they could - and almost certainly would - turn each of these states into a carbon copy of Iran where Sharia law would hold sway over secular law.

When we consider that Sharia law is part and parcel of the ethics behind Al-Quaeda and many of the other extremist groups in the Middle East and that these hard-liners are behind many of the atrocities that have been perpetrated on the West in the last few years, do we REALLY want this extremist set of values taking over in the whole of the middle-East ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2661
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: A worry in the middle East ?

Post by zathrus on Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:53 pm

Funny you should mention that Paps, as I had been thinking the same myself.

If the Islamic Brotherhood get a political grip on many of the middle-east states we are going to see a rising up of terrorism support in every one of these countries.

It is a shame that the rest of the Arab states don't go down the same path as the people in Turkey, as although this is also a mainly Islamic country they have a secular government and they are proud of it.

Hard-line religion and politics never mix well and God help us all in the west if Sharia law takes control in the middle-east.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:13 pm

Actually Zath' I have been concerned that not more people have mentioned this threat.

When the Islamic Brotherhood are mentioned in the media they are just given a nod and a wink and nothing more. One would think that the media moguls were frightened of these people.

All I am going to say is: Watch this space, as that bunch of religious extremists and their power-hungry supporters are not finished in any way.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:24 pm

So you prefer controllable dictators to a democratically elected leadership then?

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 05 Aug 2012, 12:45 pm

As my wise ole Irish granny used to say: "Two wrongs never made a right" Clapco !

Even although I am an atheist I have always taken an interest in the religions of the world and the study I have made for most of my life shows fundamentalist religions dragging societies down into the depths that they can then never get out of.

There is NO democracy in fundamentalistic theistic behaviour as the people who blindly follow such extreme ideas are held within a narrow boundary of dictatorial rules that do not require or allow any design, change, or thought.

What we are liable to see in the not-so-distant future are states that follow these directions that may one day have "the bomb" and the fundamentalist passion to use it.

A terrifying possible future !

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sun 05 Aug 2012, 5:19 pm

Once these countries have the bomb then they will finally behave in a civilised manner knowing they would be removed from the face of the earth should they ever try to use it.

As to two 'wrongs', who is to say who is right and who is wrong? I know you would like to put yourself up for the job but really we must not interfere in the rights of another country to determine its own governance. That way lies war.

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:55 am

Another saying that my old Irish granny used to utter was: "Those that keep sticking their heads in the sand are risking their arras' being used for people to park their bikes in !"

It is naive in the extreme to think that once these states get "the bomb" that they will suddenly start to behave in a "civilised manner", as their extremist views and the sabre-rattling leaders that will have their fingers on that button will not hesitate - in their fundamentalist fugue - to use the same passion that suicide bombers use to kill as many innocents as they can while they push their particular hate-filled and destructive policies.

Uncompromising religious fundamentalism has to be the most dangerous ethos that is abroad in the world today and the greater that these countries become the greater will become the risk to the free West.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 23 Nov 2017, 2:57 pm