Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Lord Sugar calls for the firing of Osborne !

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Lord Sugar calls for the firing of Osborne !

Post by papa_umau on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

Many of us will already know that multi-millionaire entrepreneur Lord Sugar is a very shrewd cookie and with this in mind I was quietly, if pleasantly, surprised that he had said today that if he has his way he would "FIRE" this useless Chancellor.

A cutting from an online daily newspaper:

Lord Sugar said that George Osborne should "get the boot".

The "Apprentice" star added to calls for the chancellor to quit after grim figures revealed the economy had crashed to 0.7% during the last quarter.

The tycoon turned peer told a daily paper that "there is an underlying lack of confidence in the present chancellor". He also states that he "NEVER rated him in the first place as he seems to have very few qualifications to be Chancellor".

He expects that in the next reshuffle Cameron will be likely to replace him if he does not fall on his own sword before thisS.

WELL FOLKS.... what do you think about these comments coming from Lord Sugar ?

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: Lord Sugar calls for the firing of Osborne !

Post by Angie baby on Sat 28 Jul 2012, 1:11 pm

It is people like Lord Sugar that we should listen to when we think about what has happened to us since Osborne started on his draconian austerity programme.

He said that if we hold fast during these bad times that we would "get better times in the future", but all that has happened during this last spell is that the economy has tanked even deeper and the people of Britain can see no light at the end of this very long tunnel.

Definitely time for "plan B" Mr chancellor !
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 12:42 pm

Yes Angie, while the leadership of this abortive government have "u"-turned many times in the past few months over less-important subjects, I think it is time that they showed some courage by "u"-turning here too.

The way that our spending power and with it the country's economy has tumbled ever lower at each GDP report, indicated that they should be changing their tack in order to stimulate this economy rather than strangling it at re-birth.

Watch this space, as I don't think that Cameron and Osborne can survive much longer, as they travel in this direction !

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:47 pm

"Firing of Osborne" eh ?

The best firing that could be done to Osborne would be if it came out of the barrel of a sniper-rifle.

Only kidding....( If anybody important is reading this ). Twisted Evil

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:16 pm

Alan Sugar is hardly the best example of how to run a business. From a position of near monopoly in government IT contracts he has closed almost everything down and now his wealth is mostly from property. Even the luckless participants in his TV shows no longer get a job offer, just the chance to work for nothing to make him money. My favourite moment was when he was the owner of Tottenaham Hotspurs FC and the spectators told him uncermoniously 'you're fired'

As to Osborne, I am still waiting for the austerity - seems the government continues to increase its borrowing every month so I think his job's safe for some time yet.

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 05 Aug 2012, 12:29 pm

The "austerity" IS there, it is just being forced on the tortured people of Britain and not on the government-borrowing that Osborne seems unable to stop.

He stumbles and lurches from disaster to disaster and from u-turn to u-turn and yet he is still allowed to keep his job.

If I was his employer I would have sacked him more than a year ago.

Now we are seeing some back-bench Tories trying to replace Cameron with Boris Johnson !

I think that that might be a good idea as then we would know for sure that the Prime Minister is a full-time and full-blown clown instead of a part-time one.

These two fools, ( Cameron and Osborne ), are unsurprisingly fast-becoming the laughing-stock of Westminster !

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sun 05 Aug 2012, 5:15 pm

Sorry but if government expenditure continues to rise, I can only assume the ghost of the Labour spin machine is still churning out its propaganda. Austerity? What austerity?

You are just 'pissed' (US usage) that your beloved Labour party are still pissing in the wind (UK usage)

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:39 am

There has to come a time during the term of this abortive government when people like you are going to have to stop blaming the last administration for what is happening today.

As this present government go on to make mistake after mistake and continue to keep on blaming these mistakes on the last New-Labour administration people are going to be bound to stop giving them any credibility at all.

Even although we will be suffering the legacy of what happened under the destructive Ms Thatcher - three governments ago - for many more decades, we really have to stop blaming that old crone for much of what goes on in our names today.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Aug 2012, 9:08 pm

You have been blaming Thatcher for 22 years so I don't see why Bliar and Brown aren't good for a few more years

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:22 pm

I guess it is just about "degree" as at their worst, ( and that was pretty bad ), Blair and Brown together could never even lace Thatcher's boots as far as destructive acts are and were concerned.

She was the ultimate destroyer and long after she is under the sod people will be talking about her and her legacy of destruction.

That aside, it is now time to start to criticise the government that is in power RIGHT NOW - which is getting it wrong so often. Anything else is simply head-burying and living in the past.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 2:28 pm