Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Osborne and the Lib-dems clash again.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12201
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Osborne and the Lib-dems clash again.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 25 Jul 2012, 10:58 am

A rather nasty row has emerged over one of the Lib-Dem flagship green-energy polices because Chancellor George Osborne is threatening to drop the subsidies that help the installation of wind-turbines.

This is a rather low-level argument at the moment but it could grow into a very damaging one for the coalition.

Read THIS and tell us what you think.

Papa......

Re: Osborne and the Lib-dems clash again.

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jul 2012, 11:42 am

It would be more damaging to the economy AND the environment if it were to continue so I hope George wins this one!

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:43 am

And to what do you base that assumption on ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:23 pm

I don't know if I totally support these wind turbines as even although they do generate "green energy" there is a strong argument out there that they are not very efficient or even cost-effective at doing this.

Yes I know that many other countries around the world are installing these things but I worry that they are all wrong in their assumption that they are the future for green energy.

I guess that I still have an open mind as far as these things are concerned.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 12:34 pm

Although I believe that at this moment they are one of the ways that we can generate "green" energy I also agree that they are not as "efficient" or as "cost-effective" as they could and should be.

Being able to look into the future by keeping up with the sciences I have supported the idea of The Hydrogen Revolution for some years now as I think that this concept will solve almost all of the problems we have with the burning of fossil-fuels at the moment.

See more about this concept HERE and HERE and try to imagine what it would be like to be using the universe's most abundant element to generate electricity and motive power.

We might not see this revolution in our lifetimes but even if the fossil-fuel-burning-brigade resist this move into a clean future, the fact that oil and gas are running out will force them to go the only way that the future should be going.

Last edited by papa_umau on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 12:44 pm

Hydrogen does not occur naturally it is just a means of transporting energy. It is too dangerous to ever be used in the wild.

As to wind power, I believe Zathrus speaks for the majority of the public - not leaning either way. Personally I realise that anything without a payback makes no sense at all as not only does the taxpayer lose out, since the total cost with it is greater than without it, it must be a nett producer of CO2 and therefore the environment does too.

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 12:58 pm

While that argument has been used by many unsighted attackers many times before it is of no consequence as it is an easy task to separate water into it's two component parts of hydrogen and oxygen.

Maybe you should start to think about how we should go about this task rather than throwing obvious and spurious spanners into a machine that WILL eventually become the saviour of an overpopulated planet earth.

Try going back and looking that those two links again and then return here and ask specific questions about it as I have answers for all of these kinds of questions.

Moving forward into a new and clean future is going to take a lot of vision and as long as we visionaries are not misdirected by people like you this thing IS going to happen. It is not a matter of IF, it is a matter of WHEN !

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 6:35 pm