Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Thoughts and cogitations.

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Thoughts and cogitations.

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:49 pm

Don't look for the burning smell, it's my brain! Laughing

We are having great slanging matches about The ConDems v New Labour, and their various approaches to things, and one thing in particular has occurred to me.

The Folk who survive on slave wages in Third World countries are often the old, the disabled and children, as well as women who are either single mothers or widows. They have no Pensions, Unemployment or Disablement benefits, they have to take what they can get in the way of work,just to exist.

Naturally, if unethically, industries will gravitate towards paying workers less, and will send work abroad if it is to their advantage (hence all the foreign Customer helplines).

The people in these disadvantaged countries can do something that the majority of Britons cannot do, they can in the main hunt their own meat and fish. The British (with the exception of farmers, gamekeepers and Wealthy Landowners and their cronies), cannot. Firearms are forbidden to the majority of us, and bow hunting is also illegal. Unless we wish to put ourselves on the wrong side of the law, we cannot go out and get meat or fish for our tables. I consider this to be unjust.

What say you, peeps?

Cheers, HG

Re: Thoughts and cogitations.

Post by Guest on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 1:59 pm

Shoplifting is the new hunting HG

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:55 am

Interesting postulation HG !

The days of the hunter-gatherers and the attached barter system in Britain fully ended with the advance of the industrial revolution and now we are left with trying to earn money to subsist by working for other people or being self-employed.

As a shooter and an angler I used to be able to acquire meat and fish for the table but I never did it on any regular basis as doing so is just too expensive nowadays. The land and river and boat-owners charge an arm and a leg for people like me to be able to hunt and fish for food and because of this it is actually cheaper to just buy our meat and fish from the supermarket counter.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2539
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 22 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

You are so right about that HG !

They have us over a barrel HG and they like it that way.
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2423
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 23 Jun 2012, 12:19 pm

Hi again HG !

It is true that people in third world countries have no guarantee about their survival because their government simply do nor care that they exist. In Britain we are slightly different as we have our ingrained welfare state that tries to ensure that nobody starves and that everybody has a roof over their heads.

This system is not foolproof as it is being watered down as we speak and it needs people like you and me and Papa to fight for these rights so that they are not totally destroyed by governments that don't give a damn.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:33 pm

Hear hear Angie,,, but you and HG and me are not the only ones that are "fighting for these rights" !

I am sure that out on the streets of Britain the crowds are slowly and quietly forming that will throw this useless lot out and make way for a sea-change in the governments of the future.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:29 am