Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Immigration v unemployment I

Re: Immigration v unemployment I

Post by Guest on Mon 14 May 2012, 2:49 pm

You claim to be an expert in 'reading between the lines' so it shouldn't be necessary!

CC
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon 14 May 2012, 3:04 pm

To get this back on topic,

Workers want a fair day's work for a fair day's pay, except that many want a week's pay for a day's work! (Not really surprising considering the rapidly increasing cost of living).

Employers (in small firms particularly) are feeling pinched from many directions, payroll being one, costs of leases on premises, Business rates, getting customers to pay their accounts (a biggie), costs of necessary employee training and the list goes on. I'm not surprised that so many small (and not so small) firms go to the wall in the current economic climate.

Cheers, HG

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Tue 15 May 2012, 1:05 pm

Clapco wrote:You claim to be an expert in 'reading between the lines' so it shouldn't be necessary!

CC

The thing is Clapco, that the spaces between your lines are either so non-existent or so wide that it is hard for any normal person to make head or tale out of. Twisted Evil

Papa......

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 15 May 2012, 1:10 pm

Hell's Granny wrote:To get this back on topic,

Workers want a fair day's work for a fair day's pay, except that many want a week's pay for a day's work! (Not really surprising considering the rapidly increasing cost of living).

Employers (in small firms particularly) are feeling pinched from many directions, payroll being one, costs of leases on premises, Business rates, getting customers to pay their accounts (a biggie), costs of necessary employee training and the list goes on. I'm not surprised that so many small (and not so small) firms go to the wall in the current economic climate.

Cheers, HG

Yes HG... as usual, there is a lot of wisdom in your words !

I have found that government after government - of all shades - keep saying that they are going to help the small businesses but they seldom actually do.

I think this "small business" activity - or not - is just like the way that successive governments treat the weak and the old and the sick in the population as it is the easy targets that governments cannot resist attacking.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Wed 16 May 2012, 4:53 pm

Words of wisdom indeed - I notice HG has a reputation of 81 which I presume is good since Paps has one of -29. How are these ratings changed? Should there be a vote for me button somewhere?

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 17 May 2012, 12:19 pm

To save you the trouble it is done automatically or by the person hitting the "thanks" button included in the bottom line of every posting.

I do not get accolades as I am too critical of other-people's posts.

I DO nevertheless hit the "thanks" button fairly regularly too - for others - but that does not swell my standing.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 5:10 pm