Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Back in recession again.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Re: Back in recession again.

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 06 May 2012, 10:47 am

Clapco wrote:You mustn't let your dislike for the Tories colour your judgement Paps - Their lowest was under Hague I believe who managed to turn a Labour landslide into an even bigger Labour majority by riding on the anti - EU ticket.

What you are seeing is just mid term blues - expect tax cuts, recovery and a full Conservative government next election!

You read it here first on ripped off Britain folks!

CC

Clapco, please do not insult the name of the former decent one nation left of centre small "c" Conservative parties we had in Britain prior to Thatcher taking this party to the ultra right wing from 1979.

And as far as Cameron winning by a landslide victory at the next G/E is concerned, I for one, would not be surprised at that, the British are largely stupid enough to do it.

Post by Guest on Sun 06 May 2012, 11:16 am

Hague was post Thatcher - he's only 12 or something now isn't he?

Claps
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 06 May 2012, 1:24 pm

Funnies aside for a minute......

If Cameron and Osborne and especially Clegg are not totally terrified about what happened to them in the local elections last week then I will be very surprised.

Yes all governments expect to lose support mid-way through their term and unlike what happened to Blair - where he INCREASED his support - they must now be expecting to be wiped out at the election in 2015.

I honestly cannot see what they can do to increase their chances of getting back in without the help of the Lib Dems next time round as by then the Liberal Democrats will have been totally destroyed in Britain.

I would not even be surprised if after Clegg is dropped - which he surely will be - that the Lib-Dems that are left will be more likely to form up a coalition with the Labour Party instead of another one with the Tories.

In fact, unlike our Ivanhoe, I think that The Labour Party will actually get in next time without having to go cap in hand to any turncoat Liberal Democrats as by that time the electorate will be truly sick of posh-boys Cameron, Osborne and Clegg.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 06 May 2012, 1:59 pm

papa_umau wrote:Funnies aside for a minute......

If Cameron and Osborne and especially Clegg are not totally terrified about what happened to them in the local elections last week then I will be very surprised.

Yes all governments expect to lose support mid-way through their term and unlike what happened to Blair - where he INCREASED his support - they must now be expecting to be wiped out at the election in 2015.

I honestly cannot see what they can do to increase their chances of getting back in without the help of the Lib Dems next time round as by then the Liberal Democrats will have been totally destroyed in Britain.

I would not even be surprised if after Clegg is dropped - which he surely will be - that the Lib-Dems that are left will be more likely to form up a coalition with the Labour Party instead of another one with the Tories.

In fact, unlike our Ivanhoe, I think that The Labour Party will actually get in next time without having to go cap in hand to any turncoat Liberal Democrats as by that time the electorate will be truly sick of posh-boys Cameron, Osborne and Clegg.

""""In fact, unlike our Ivanhoe, I think that The Labour Party will actually get in next time without having to go cap in hand to any turncoat Liberal Democrats as by that time the electorate will be truly sick of posh-boys Cameron, Osborne and Clegg"""

Pap, I have been involved in politics for over 20 years, so you will, i'm sure, forgive me being somewhat cynical about the British people's voting habits, because habits is the right word.

Naturally like you, I am hoping for an asolute landslide victor for Labour at the next G/E, it's just a shame, for want of a better word, that we all have to wait another 3 years.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 06 May 2012, 2:22 pm

Again, "unlike you" it would seem, I have much more faith in the British electorate than you seem to have.

If they were as you say then there would be no changes in government year after year. They are not, and because of this we see political parties come and go and rise and fall with the great swingometer.

I do strongly feel that after the disastrous four or five years in power that the coalition will cover themselves with, the fates of the Tories will not be any better than they were at the election of 2010.

They couldn't get a voting majority then and after the awful showing with the Lib-Dems in tow this time they are not going to be any more successful next time round.

That leaves a gap in the market for a renewed and revamped REAL Labour-Party and I have faith that that is what we are going to get in 2015

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 06 May 2012, 2:29 pm

papa_umau wrote:Again, "unlike you" it would seem, I have much more faith in the British electorate than you seem to have.

If they were as you say then there would be no changes in government year after year. They are not, and because of this we see political parties come and go and rise and fall with the great swingometer.

I do strongly feel that after the disastrous four or five years in power that the coalition will cover themselves with, the fates of the Tories will not be any better than they were at the election of 2010.

They couldn't get a voting majority then and after the awful showing with the Lib-Dems in tow this time they are not going to be any more successful next time round.

That leaves a gap in the market for a renewed and revamped REAL Labour-Party and I have faith that that is what we are going to get in 2015

And Pap, hopefully our "Bring back Labour" campaign will help bring this about.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 07 May 2012, 12:38 pm

Yes, I also hope that is true !

Maybe it is my imagination but I have already seen and heard Labour politicians - including Ed Miliband - starting to talk as if they are heading in our direction.

I suppose that with all of the e-mails we have sent out to Ed Miliband and to the rest of the Labour MPs - with our hopes for a Labour of the future contained therein - it is not surprising that our vision is starting to get through.

If we keep up the pressure until the next election we may find that a revamped and modernised Labour Party may very well become the next Labour government.

Most people now know that the awful Con-Dem coalition is not working and by the time that the next election comes round I am certain that this terrible and unholy coalition will collapse - if not before then.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon 07 May 2012, 12:44 pm

papa_umau wrote:Yes, I also hope that is true !

Maybe it is my imagination but I have already seen and heard Labour politicians - including Ed Miliband - starting to talk as if they are heading in our direction.

I suppose that with all of the e-mails we have sent out to Ed Miliband and to the rest of the Labour MPs - with our hopes for a Labour of the future contained therein - it is not surprising that our vision is starting to get through.

If we keep up the pressure until the next election we may find that a revamped and modernised Labour Party may very well become the next Labour government.

Most people now know that the awful Con-Dem coalition is not working and by the time that the next election comes round I am certain that this terrible and unholy coalition will collapse - if not before then.

I certainly hope so Pap. Personally I have heard nothing yet myself, and I never miss anything political on the Beeb.

However, what you and I can only do, is keep sending our document out to all we can think of with media influence.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 07 May 2012, 1:04 pm

Yes Ivanhoe, even although the seeds of our work are just starting to show through, there is a long way to go yet in order to help to create a REAL Labour party and government once again.

We have anything up to three years to get our vision across to those that will listen !

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon 07 May 2012, 1:34 pm

papa_umau wrote:Yes Ivanhoe, even although the seeds of our work are just starting to show through, there is a long way to go yet in order to help to create a REAL Labour party and government once again.

We have anything up to three years to get our vision across to those that will listen !

We will continue in our quest Pap.

Post by Guest on Mon 07 May 2012, 6:43 pm

One slight flaw in your project guys - if everyone is unemployed there is no 'labour' to organise and there are no 'bosses'!

Back to the drawing board I think

Claps
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 08 May 2012, 12:33 pm

As usual and just like the last time the Tories were in charge the unemployment figures are reaching back up to THREE MILLION.

So, my friend, if there is nobody to organise into a "Bring Back Labour" campaign then it will be because the Tories and their Lib-Dem poodles have mucked up the job again.

Actually, I am not as pessimistic as you are as if the Con-Dem government don't pull their socks up they might not even go the full term and we will have a revitalised Labour Party back in charge sooner than you think.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Tue 08 May 2012, 12:42 pm

papa_umau wrote:As usual and just like the last time the Tories were in charge the unemployment figures are reaching back up to THREE MILLION.

So, my friend, if there is nobody to organise into a "Bring Back Labour" campaign then it will be because the Tories and their Lib-Dem poodles have mucked up the job again.

Actually, I am not as pessimistic as you are as if the Con-Dem government don't pull their socks up they might not even go the full term and we will have a revitalised Labour Party back in charge sooner than you think.

Pap, your friend is taking the pee, and enjoying every minute of it.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 08 May 2012, 1:03 pm

Maybe he thinks he is, but I am sure that he is the kind of person that reacts to reason and that is why I take so much time reasoning with him.

If we just sit here and cuss at each-other we will get nothing discussed but if we are willing to talk from within our different bases we might reach some small consensus.

Unlike you Ivanhoe, I am not yet ready to give up on Clapco.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:27 pm

papa_umau wrote:Maybe he thinks he is, but I am sure that he is the kind of person that reacts to reason and that is why I take so much time reasoning with him.

If we just sit here and cuss at each-other we will get nothing discussed but if we are willing to talk from within our different bases we might reach some small consensus.

Unlike you Ivanhoe, I am not yet ready to give up on Clapco.

""If we just sit here and cuss at each-other we will get nothing discussed but if we are willing to talk from within our different bases we might reach some small consensus"".

Since when have I ""ever"" done as you suggest here, Pap ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 09 May 2012, 10:52 am

Don't take it personally Ivanhoe; it was just an observation that highlights how people who don't think deeply enough react to each-other's insults. Sometimes these insults are very slight and well hidden but they are there nevertheless.

I guess we don't see exactly what we do when we respond to a troll in any negative way and that is why I keep my comments to Clapco and his input as positive and as reasoned as I can.

I, by doing this, hope to get the best out of him.

Yes...Clapco... we ARE talking about you !

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 09 May 2012, 11:07 am

papa_umau wrote:Don't take it personally Ivanhoe; it was just an observation that highlights how people who don't think deeply enough react to each-other's insults. Sometimes these insults are very slight and well hidden but they are there nevertheless.

I guess we don't see exactly what we do when we respond to a troll in any negative way and that is why I keep my comments to Clapco and his input as positive and as reasoned as I can.

I, by doing this, hope to get the best out of him.

Yes...Clapco... we ARE talking about you !

"""Yes...Clapco... we ARE talking about you !"""

And boy does he love it.
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Wed 09 May 2012, 11:18 am

He must, as he keeps coming back ! Twisted Evil

I have to say that I really enjoy the spats that are here when old Clappers and Paps do there "debating", even if "debating" is a very loose description of what goes on between them.

It is still entertaining ! bounce

Post by Guest on Wed 09 May 2012, 3:12 pm

Cheers Zath - Even Ivanhoe must agree that Paps surrounding himself with yes men does little for his credibility.

CC

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 09 May 2012, 6:38 pm

Clapco wrote:Cheers Zath - Even Ivanhoe must agree that Paps surrounding himself with yes men does little for his credibility.

CC

Clapco, please keep my name out of your utterings.
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1169
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon 14 May 2012, 2:44 pm

I could wish that Ed Milliband had a few more miles on his life clock, more experience with us 'regular' folk, and a working class background.

Cheers, HG

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon 14 May 2012, 2:55 pm

Hell's Granny wrote:I could wish that Ed Milliband had a few more miles on his life clock, more experience with us 'regular' folk, and a working class background.

Cheers, HG

Straight from College I believe H/G.
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1169
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon 14 May 2012, 3:10 pm

My point precisely, how can he possibly have the life experience to be a good politician if all he has is education?

Labour was set up by workers, how come it has been subverted by the 'silver spoon' brigade?

I really can't see how Britain can get itself straight when all the parties want to occupy the middle ground.

Cheers HG
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 15 May 2012, 1:02 pm

A good and accurate view of how things are going folks.

While Ed Miliband is certainly green under the gills I think that he is being shaped by his advisers to come up with the goods.

Every great politician has to start somewhere and even although our Ed was thrown in at the deep end by the unions I do honestly think that eventually he is going to finish up as a great statesman.

He has until 2015 at the longest to get his boat ship-shape and all his ducks pointing in the same direction and I hope and pray that he makes good moves in the right direction in the time he has before the next general election.

( Please excuse the mixed metaphores as I sometimes cannot resist doing that ). pirat

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Tue 15 May 2012, 1:32 pm

papa_umau wrote:A good and accurate view of how things are going folks.

While Ed Miliband is certainly green under the gills I think that he is being shaped by his advisers to come up with the goods.

Every great politician has to start somewhere and even although our Ed was thrown in at the deep end by the unions I do honestly think that eventually he is going to finish up as a great statesman.

He has until 2015 at the longest to get his boat ship-shape and all his ducks pointing in the same direction and I hope and pray that he makes good moves in the right direction in the time he has before the next general election.

( Please excuse the mixed metaphores as I sometimes cannot resist doing that ). pirat

I hope your right Pap ?. In which case our campaign document being sent to him and his advisers by these site members, can only do good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 1:13 am