Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

When will the straw break the camels back ?

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

When will the straw break the camels back ?

Post by Technician on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

Hi all,

just some observations regarding the recent 'fuel crisis'

I have recently had an e mail from fairfuel UK bemoning the price rises in fuel; and I must say I am 100% behind thir campaign, but we need I fear much more drastic action.

I live in a small town, and as of this morning our main garage has NO FUEL ( we have one other small one who's owner is a consumate rip off merchant, and who yesterday was charging $1.51p per liter for unleaded !! ). The situation is the same along our coast where I live.

This situation is similar to many places, and the government have just made a major cock up in giving 'advice' and in 'managing' the situation. The head of the petrol retailers said that prices have gone 'crazy', and that while some retailers will cash in, the only way prices are going is upward.

Once ( and IF ) we get to a full blown tanker driver dispute the 'heard instinct' and self preservation factor' will kick in again, and we will see the que's return and hoarding start again. At the best estimate the retailers ( who the government failed to consult )say we will have 2 days fuel left ( remember some 6,000 garages have been shut down, so we have little reserve capacity ).
    That is just the sart of it, because once the petrol has gone it could take some considerable time to re-supply.

Just what will it take to break the camels back ??. This could be Camerons nemesis, as many people are at their witts end with this increasing cost and tax hike.

Question: Would direct action, ie by drivers and the haulage industry help. If the roads were blocked and we all had to suffer for a few days ( or more ), how soon would the government take note ??.

One thing is certain, we cannot go on like this, and if I was Cameron I would be VERY CONCERNED about the reaction of the public, as civil disorder may be a real possibility.

Technician

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12470
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: When will the straw break the camels back ?

Post by papa_umau on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:07 pm

Yes Technician, I am sure that after all of the recent cock-ups that the coalition have done I am sure Cameron is going to be very worried about the feelings of the British public. The nervousness that was shown by the queueing at the pumps over just the threat of a strike must have illustrated to him that there is little comfort in being a Brit under his rule.

With the local elections coming up and with the Liberal Democrats expecting a hammering in them I can see a knock-on effect whereby Clegg will be deposed by his party faithful and if he is that could bring the government down.

Your description of "the straw that broke the camel's back" is a very accurate one I think.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2510
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 12:07 pm

Yes folks, happily things are coming to a head in this awful coalition government. I also hope that the Liberal Democrats are so badly hit in these elections that they turn on Clegg and roast him.

I am so looking forwards to these usually-unimportant local elections !
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 12:34 pm

Yeah babes...me too !

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 12 Apr 2012, 11:31 am

The thing is.... Even if the Lib-Dems get a hammering at the local elections, will they be willing to give up the best amount of power they have ever had by replacing Clegg and possibly bringing down the government as they do it ?

I think not !
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:59 am

You might be right there Zath' but I hope not !

Here's hoping eh ?

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:34 pm