Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Political Confusion..please help

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Political Confusion..please help

Post by Technician on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 4:51 pm

Hi all,

I am in some confusion in this great country of ours. Considering all the recent political developments and issues with petrol etc I would like some advice:

This morning my next door neighbour was stashing away several gallons of petrol in his garage in 'Jerry cans'

1. If I use the term 'Jerry can' is this derogetory or insulting terminlogy, and can someone report me to the 'old bill' for being racist, sexist etc ??

2. If this lot ( the petrol stored in my neighbours garage ) catches fire will I be prosecuted for breaching the current hose pipe ban if I try and put it out?

3 If I call the fire brigade will they be able to climb up ladders to spray water on the fire without breeching Health and safety legislation, or am I better off throwing buckets of water to try and save my home, and not going against the hosepipe ban ?.

4. If my home goes up in flames and the insurers don't pay on a 'technicality' to replace it; am I better off posing as an illegal immigrant to get on the housing list ?

5. If I harness the excess heat generated ( and my house is not effected ) to heat up a sausage roll ( or a Cornish pasty ) will I have to pay 20% VAT on it?

6.Are the government mad, or is it just me ??

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Political Confusion..please help

Post by papa_umau on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

You always succeed in making my day a much happier one with your oblique use of PC foibles. lol!

May I say that I too - not by paying any attention to what Cameron or Maude said - bought thirty extra litres of unleaded as I filled up my car yesterday at Tesco.

The PC sales "executive" who was watching me fill up my heavy-plastic "carboy" container came over to me and said that I could not leave with that "illegal container". Of course as you will probably know very well, carboys are specifically designed for the carrying of dangerous liquids and even when I tried to explain this one to the sales assistant she would not budge.

I then asked - as is my wont - to see her supervisor, which she duly did.

When he turned up he started to quote the H & S rules verbatim and after he was finished I asked him how he was going to take the fuel back and how he was going to deduct the thirty litres of unleaded - and it's cost - that they were going to take. I told him that he could not take my valuable carboy.

He spluttered and hummed an hawwed and eventually he told me to take it away and not to come back with that container. I told him that I was happy to buy my fuel from ASDA in the future.

I thought it was also good that as I drive a Toyota Prius that gives me 70mpg I would not need to fill up again for about three months. AND I got my Tesco points into the bargain. Laughing

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2423
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Mon 02 Apr 2012, 11:36 am

Oh.... you bad....Papa ! Twisted Evil
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:11 pm

Yes Angie, as they say in a America....."my bad" ! Smile

Now that I have an extra thirty litres of go-juice stored safely in my carboy in my garage I won't have to worry about any possible tanker-drivers strike for about three months.

The dispute should be all over and done with by then - I hope.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017, 3:29 pm