Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

    What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Share

    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4916
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Parliament.... on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 11:38 am

    Britain needs social housing on mass, just like after the second World War. Britain needs a complete and national renewal, after over 30 years of right wing doctrine.

    Under Thatcher we had a silent, subtle war on the working classes, because the rich were'nt effected, just the poor, as is now.

    We need social housing for people who can't afford to buy, of which there are millions. We need to return an Industrial, and Manufacuring base to Britain, so people can have real sustainable jobs with a decent miniumum wage. This way people can indeed stand on their own two feet without being means tested for demeaning Tax Credits. Housing benefit ect, the means test is a trap.

    We definately need higher State pensions for our elderly people, and for everybody else reaching retirement age, 60 for both men and woman. This means paying higher income tax, and NI contrbutions. If we want these things, we have to realise we have to pay for them. Private pensions and Health insurance are expensive and insecure. We can't have it both ways.

    The unjust Council tax needs to be abolished and an appropriate income tax increase needs to be brought in across the board. We need to use much more of our grosss national product to fund our vital services, even if this means cutting Third World aid, and fighting foreign wars, we need to produce again, and we need to continue our ties with Europe.

    People in retirement should not have to pay income tax, they have already paid income tax when working.

    We need to ditch the enterprise culture, because this gives way to greed and exploitation of the worst kind.

    We need to adopt Europe's Social Charter which is a legalised framework preventing workers exploitation.

    We need to remove any reasons for the British working man and woman to strike. Fairness must be the order of the way, which means consolidation all round between manufacturing, business, workers, and Unions.

    Your views please ?





    Last edited by Ivanhoe on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12657
    Points : 19263
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by papa_umau on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:25 pm

    Yes Ivanhoe, that is a great wish-list of things to be done in order to make Britain a more civilised and inclusive and justice-driven country.

    As I believe that if he and his team go about it in the right way, Ed Miliband should go to the people with an agenda like that and if he does his election to Prime Minister in a Labour government should be realised.

    As I also feel that if he and his new vision of Labour is going to get elected at the next general election, I don't see why he can not be encouraged to make the changes that will be necessary in order to make Britain into a just country once again.

    As I and most others don't know what is in his mind yet, I don't think that we can predict what that manifesto will be.

    Maybe what is needed is a campaign whereby we can tell him exactly what we want ?


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4916
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Parliament.... on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:40 pm

    papa_umau wrote:Yes Ivanhoe, that is a great wish-list of things to be done in order to make Britain a more civilised and inclusive and justice-driven country.

    As I believe that if he and his team go about it in the right way, Ed Miliband should go to the people with an agenda like that and if he does his election to Prime Minister in a Labour government should be realised.

    As I also feel that if he and his new vision of Labour is going to get elected at the next general election, I don't see why he can not be encouraged to make the changes that will be necessary in order to make Britain into a just country once again.

    As I and most others don't know what is in his mind yet, I don't think that we can predict what that manifesto will be.

    Maybe what is needed is a campaign whereby we can tell him exactly what we want ?

    """"Maybe what is needed is a campaign whereby we can tell him exactly what we want ?""""

    Now there's a thought Pap, so how exactly do we go about this campaign. I'm up for it 100 per cent.
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12657
    Points : 19263
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by papa_umau on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 1:26 pm

    I was thinking of a writing campaign that could be triggered by making contact with everybody we know so that a large number of letters arrives on his door-mat or in his Westminster office, which are all singing from a similar hymn-sheet.

    I do have an official address and e-mail address for Ed Milband, ( and a phone-number, although I doubt if that will be a direct phone number ).

    Here they are:

    Rt Hon Ed Miliband:
    House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

    Tel: 020 7219 4778

    e-mail: ed.miliband.mp@parliament.uk




    I will certainly write to him at his snail-mail address and his e-mail address and I will include your words in the post, above if you authorise me to do this.

    I may choose to paraphrase your words so as to make the letter look as if it came from an individual and so that it does not look as if it is simply automatically-generated spam. I suspect that most such letters are simply and quickly binned without being read.




    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4916
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Parliament.... on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 4:16 pm

    papa_umau wrote:I was thinking of a writing campaign that could be triggered by making contact with everybody we know so that a large number of letters arrives on his door-mat or in his Westminster office, which are all singing from a similar hymn-sheet.

    I do have an official address and e-mail address for Ed Milband, ( and a phone-number, although I doubt if that will be a direct phone number ).

    Here they are:

    Rt Hon Ed Miliband:
    House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

    Tel: 020 7219 4778

    e-mail: ed.miliband.mp@parliament.uk




    I will certainly write to him at his snail-mail address and his e-mail address and I will include your words in the post, above if you authorise me to do this.

    I may choose to paraphrase your words so as to make the letter look as if it came from an individual and so that it does not look as if it is simply automatically-generated spam. I suspect that most such letters are simply and quickly binned without being read.



    Pap, I have been giving what you have said, a lot of thought.

    I think "individuals" doing their own thing even though it's from the same song sheeet, would be a mistake. It would not hit home so much. Why cant we form an online group, and send my piece care of that group, this would be more effective dont you think ?
    avatar
    Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Number of posts : 390
    Points : 3081
    Reputation : 24
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

    Under milliband

    Post by Technician on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 5:18 pm

    Hi all,

    There is much of common senese in the argument, but its not going to happen.

    This country will continue on the 'meery go round' of the same old parties and the same busted flush policies. ( I have much regard for UKIP of course, but I am not under any illusions that the one issue party can have a cat in hell's chance of getting anywhere !)

    Firstly money does need to stay in this country, so stop giving all the foreign aid and start to close out borders, we might have a FEW more houses then to spare.

    Politicians of the main parties cannot be trusted anymore. Least of all the lot in the 'EUSSR'. While much of the initiatives of the individual European countries towards pensioners etc are admirable and show us such a bad light; the runious incompetendce of the EUb'leadership???' is leading us on a road to perdition.

    Unfortunately until effective mass action is taken ( and it looks like we have no longer the backbone for that in this country ) then we will be stuck with the unfairness, greed and, yes, unfortunately corruption which lies at the very heart of the British system. The capacity to 'waste' money in this and many other countries knows no bounds; firstly that has to stop.

    Again the 'mentality ' of many in this country is that they cannot see past their next pint, take away, or episode of X Factor. A fundamental change of attitude, or indeed culture is needed where examples of avarice, poor service, rudeness and corruption do not hold sway, or that success is measured by how quick you can become famous or win the lottery.

    The only way fundamental change is going to happen anytime soon is by popular PUBLIC revolt. I dont necessarily mean this as a disobedient act, there are many forms this could take.

    However as a case in point we sit here today as not only FUEL poverty exists, but now TRANSPORT poverty as the price of petrol and diesel rockets out of control. What action do we see...NOTHING!!!. Until the British get off their backsides and act we are stuck with the politicians we deserve.

    Technician

    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4916
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Parliament.... on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 7:15 pm

    Technician wrote:Hi all,

    There is much of common senese in the argument, but its not going to happen.

    This country will continue on the 'meery go round' of the same old parties and the same busted flush policies. ( I have much regard for UKIP of course, but I am not under any illusions that the one issue party can have a cat in hell's chance of getting anywhere !)

    Firstly money does need to stay in this country, so stop giving all the foreign aid and start to close out borders, we might have a FEW more houses then to spare.

    Politicians of the main parties cannot be trusted anymore. Least of all the lot in the 'EUSSR'. While much of the initiatives of the individual European countries towards pensioners etc are admirable and show us such a bad light; the runious incompetendce of the EUb'leadership???' is leading us on a road to perdition.

    Unfortunately until effective mass action is taken ( and it looks like we have no longer the backbone for that in this country ) then we will be stuck with the unfairness, greed and, yes, unfortunately corruption which lies at the very heart of the British system. The capacity to 'waste' money in this and many other countries knows no bounds; firstly that has to stop.

    Again the 'mentality ' of many in this country is that they cannot see past their next pint, take away, or episode of X Factor. A fundamental change of attitude, or indeed culture is needed where examples of avarice, poor service, rudeness and corruption do not hold sway, or that success is measured by how quick you can become famous or win the lottery.

    The only way fundamental change is going to happen anytime soon is by popular PUBLIC revolt. I dont necessarily mean this as a disobedient act, there are many forms this could take.

    However as a case in point we sit here today as not only FUEL poverty exists, but now TRANSPORT poverty as the price of petrol and diesel rockets out of control. What action do we see...NOTHING!!!. Until the British get off their backsides and act we are stuck with the politicians we deserve.

    Technician

    Technician, I fully agree with you about the attitude of the British. But what do you think of Pap's idea ( above" )?
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12657
    Points : 19263
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by papa_umau on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 12:34 pm

    Sadly, and as I said in my direct e-mail to you Ivanhoe, it is difficult to start a purely political and one-sided website run by any third-party hosts. The host for my, ( this ), forum, as I also said in my e-mail, is an American company called FORUMOTION and I doubt if they would let me, or anybody else, get away with using one of their sites as a purely and singularly political campaign-site.

    This does not mean that we cannot ask as many people as possible to write to Ed Miliband, ( as a possible future Prime Minister and leader of the next Labour government ), to tell him what is expected of him if he ever gets to that lofty position.

    Ed Miliband is still to set out his personal and political agenda, ( his manifesto ), for the run up to the next general election and I see no reason why we can not suggest to him what this manifesto direction might be.

    Here are those contact addresses again:

    Rt Hon Ed Miliband:
    House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

    e-mail: ed.miliband.mp@parliament.uk


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......


    avatar
    Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Number of posts : 390
    Points : 3081
    Reputation : 24
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

    Ed milliband

    Post by Technician on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 1:18 pm

    Hi all,

    Hello ivanhoe, Paps. I think the IDEA is fine, but on past form it may well be a complete waste of time. I recently wrote to my MP regarding the Health Bill and got back a load of written crap.
    Milliband is too mired in this crap to take any notice. Its not until we get some integrity and honesty in public service that we might get somewhere. I can't see too much of that these days. What does make them listen is public oppinion.

    IF the grey vote was organised and had the will, means or guts to fight against this injustice then the politicians would be that scared of losing seats that they would act pretty damn quick. Only public action and anger will possibly bring about change. They are too thick skinned to be effected by a few complaints.

    Technician
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12657
    Points : 19263
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by papa_umau on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 1:38 pm

    Of course, that is true Technician and that is why I think that the greater the number of "personalised" letters that drop onto his doormat or his office doormat the better our chance will be of getting listened to and paid attention to.

    The great secret, in my opinion, backed by many years of writing such letters, is to word every letter as saying the same things but with the writer's personal spin put on each document that they might receive.

    I am sure that Ed Miliband and his office-types are looking for such opinions as if they don't get these opinions they will only guess at what we want.

    To this end I have taken our Ivanhoe's letter and re-arranged it a bit differently so that it could be used as a stock letter whereby it will say all of the same things but whereby each sender will put their own personality into it.

    Please find it under the heading: "An open letter to Ed Miliband", which I will enter into the politics sub-forum and the pensioners sub forum as a new thread-start in each.


    Last edited by papa_umau on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4916
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Parliament.... on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 1:51 pm

    Technician wrote:Hi all,

    Hello ivanhoe, Paps. I think the IDEA is fine, but on past form it may well be a complete waste of time. I recently wrote to my MP regarding the Health Bill and got back a load of written crap.
    Milliband is too mired in this crap to take any notice. Its not until we get some integrity and honesty in public service that we might get somewhere. I can't see too much of that these days. What does make them listen is public oppinion.

    IF the grey vote was organised and had the will, means or guts to fight against this injustice then the politicians would be that scared of losing seats that they would act pretty damn quick. Only public action and anger will possibly bring about change. They are too thick skinned to be effected by a few complaints.

    Technician

    Hi Technician, What you mean by "past form" ?
    avatar
    Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Number of posts : 390
    Points : 3081
    Reputation : 24
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

    Ed milliband

    Post by Technician on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 7:24 pm

    Hi All.

    I am relating to 'past form' in the sense, that at least from my experience the responses from MP's, while often quick in the fact that they do respond, frequently fail to deal with the issues or end up stating the obvious. In my experience (and I MAY be wrong) the results of my writing have been mainly in vain. Please remember this is MY experience, it may be different for others, I hope it is !!

    Lacklustre and incoherent drivel from letters to Chris Hune on windfarms, Eric Ollerenshaw on the NHS Bill, Utility companies, Local council actions and consumer rights to name a few.

    All responses have been prompt and polite, but almost all fail to answer questions or provaricate. My Latest letter to the CEO of Scottish Power over rip off pricing policy was not even answered, but of course he is not an MP!


    Technician

    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4916
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Parliament.... on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 7:46 pm

    Technician wrote:Hi All.

    I am relating to 'past form' in the sense, that at least from my experience the responses from MP's, while often quick in the fact that they do respond, frequently fail to deal with the issues or end up stating the obvious. In my experience (and I MAY be wrong) the results of my writing have been mainly in vain. Please remember this is MY experience, it may be different for others, I hope it is !!

    Lacklustre and incoherent drivel from letters to Chris Hune on windfarms, Eric Ollerenshaw on the NHS Bill, Utility companies, Local council actions and consumer rights to name a few.

    All responses have been prompt and polite, but almost all fail to answer questions or provaricate. My Latest letter to the CEO of Scottish Power over rip off pricing policy was not even answered, but of course he is not an MP!


    Technician

    Hi Technician, I have many times witten to my MP, and othert MP's on behalf of other people, and over many years, so I know what you mean.

    However Pap has picked up on my letter and added a bit, it's brilliant, so I dont think it would hurt if you and others took up Pap's suggestion re- Milliband, there's certainly nothing to lose is there.
    avatar
    Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Number of posts : 390
    Points : 3081
    Reputation : 24
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

    Ed Milliband

    Post by Technician on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 8:09 pm

    Hi All,

    I agree Ivanhoe, I for one will support it, but then I am a cynic when it comes to the political class. I have long said we are treated like mushrooms and fed a load of bullshit.

    The main issus is that politicians are predominantly in the pockets of big business, and have a vested interest in keeping the populace in the dark and ignorant. God forbid that we should rock the boat. You may all find the link here of interest:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlyb1Bx9Ic

    It explains the issue brillliantly in relation to the press and news we get 'fed', but then Chomsky who mainy delivers the argument is s superb thinker.

    Technician

    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4916
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Parliament.... on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 8:15 pm

    Technician wrote:Hi All,

    I agree Ivanhoe, I for one will support it, but then I am a cynic when it comes to the political class. I have long said we are treated like mushrooms and fed a load of bullshit.

    The main issus is that politicians are predominantly in the pockets of big business, and have a vested interest in keeping the populace in the dark and ignorant. God forbid that we should rock the boat. You may all find the link here of interest:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlyb1Bx9Ic

    It explains the issue brillliantly in relation to the press and news we get 'fed', but then Chomsky who mainy delivers the argument is s superb thinker.

    Technician

    I completely agree Technician, and ille tell you what ?, we British deserve the way we are treated, we bring it on ourselves, and so this is a way we can tell Ed Milliband what we want. You agree ?
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12657
    Points : 19263
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by papa_umau on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:31 pm

    Well guys, the final draft of the stock open letter to Ed Miliband has been inserted in both the Politics and the Pensioners forums here and they are put in in such a way as to always be at the top of the form. ( Sticky-notes ).

    All that needs to happen now is that people who want to tell Miliband what they think this country requires for the future is for them to copy and paste that stock letter into a snail-mail or an e-mail to The Rt Hon Ed Miliband at his Westminster office, add their own comments and get the letters winging away to the place where they will do the most good. ( both addresses have been supplied in both threads ).

    As my old Irish granny once said: "If you are not in it, you can't win it !"

    Oh and...BTW... my letters have already been sent !


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......


    avatar
    Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Number of posts : 390
    Points : 3081
    Reputation : 24
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

    Ed Milliband

    Post by Technician on Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:09 am

    Hi all,

    Yes, I agree that this may motivate Mr Milliband, we can only wait and see. Of course if there were enough letters and a massive groundswell of action they would certainly sit up and think.

    I often wonder ( and Paps you will probably know ) how many of our politicians look at this site. It seems to me that they so often seem ignorant of public concerns, but more the case they are too conerned with keeping their seats and perks !!

    Technician

    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4916
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Parliament.... on Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:37 am

    Technician wrote:Hi all,

    Yes, I agree that this may motivate Mr Milliband, we can only wait and see. Of course if there were enough letters and a massive groundswell of action they would certainly sit up and think.

    I often wonder ( and Paps you will probably know ) how many of our politicians look at this site. It seems to me that they so often seem ignorant of public concerns, but more the case they are too conerned with keeping their seats and perks !!

    Technician

    Hi Technician,

    Of course you are right in what you say, this letter put together by myself and Pap, needs a much wider circulation.

    I am indeed working on that right now. You might have some ideas yourself Technician ?.

    I take it you have sent yours off ?
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12657
    Points : 19263
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by papa_umau on Mon 05 Mar 2012, 11:33 am

    Technician wrote:Hi all,

    Yes, I agree that this may motivate Mr Milliband, we can only wait and see. Of course if there were enough letters and a massive groundswell of action they would certainly sit up and think.

    I often wonder ( and Paps you will probably know ) how many of our politicians look at this site. It seems to me that they so often seem ignorant of public concerns, but more the case they are too conerned with keeping their seats and perks !!

    Technician

    Hi Technician, glad to see that you are taking an interest in our attempt to gee up Ed Miliband.

    As I used to work in the Civil Service, ( 22 years man and youth ), I know for a fact that just about everything that is published on the internet that has to do with politics or that criticises government IS read by the slaves in Whitehall, and in GCHQ if needs be. Anything interesting is then sent to the senior civil servants and on to the government types that should know about it.

    There is whole world of communications out there set up to monitor everything we say and do.

    The ordinary folk on the street have no clue as to how big this is.


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Guest on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 3:32 pm

    We need manufacturing jobs that's for sure. Everything else is like you just read 'Das Kapital' - Socialism sucks and will NEVER put bread on the table.

    CC
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12657
    Points : 19263
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by papa_umau on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:01 pm

    Personal comments have been deleted !

    Please try to stick to the topic people as name-calling does nothing for debate !


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......


    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12657
    Points : 19263
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by papa_umau on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:26 pm

    Clapco wrote:We need manufacturing jobs that's for sure. Everything else is like you just read 'Das Kapital' - Socialism sucks and will NEVER put bread on the table.

    CC

    As public service jobs are binned and the private sector is not taking up the slack - as promised - we really have to try to ensure that our production capability in Britain is rebuilt. This is not going to be an easy job when we are competing with countries like China and India - who have such extremely low wage-bills - but we should not try to beat them by dropping our wages to suit.

    About "Socialism":

    As was seen by the strict denial of the use of that term by the Blairist regime the word "Socialism" has some bad connotations.

    That said I think that the only political stance that is going to be fair to the ordinary people of Britain is going to come from a refreshed Labour standard. Historically, Socialism was seen by a few people as something that came from the old Soviet regime and has always been confused with Communism by the ones that did not want to see past that failed dogma.

    The Labour Party and even previous recent versions of it under Tony Blair had lurched to the right for this precise reason and so that the people of Britain might no longer think that Labourism was still rooted in the extreme left. Now I believe that this has turned full circle and it is once again time for real Labourism, ( not New-Labourism ), to take hold in Britain.

    I would hope that if we learn by the mistakes of the past that a true Labour agenda in British politics could replace the failed hard right and hard left systems that have done this country so much harm in the past.

    If we can just lay aside our old prejudices I see no reason why the next British government should not be formed out of a fair and reasonable and modernised Labour ethic.

    The last attempt of the Tories to get into power failed simply because they could not generate a working majority in the parliament and I think we all now see why that came about. The Con-Dem coalition has not worked either as even in the short time they have been in power we have seen the country get poorer and poorer and the austerity measures installed by this awful government only hitting the ones who can withstand such austerity the least.

    Something has to be done and I have great hopes that a modernised Labour Party dropping the past failures and working on the best bits of Socialism, will be accepted by the people of this country as our next government.





    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4916
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Parliament.... on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:36 pm

    papa_umau wrote:
    Clapco wrote:We need manufacturing jobs that's for sure. Everything else is like you just read 'Das Kapital' - Socialism sucks and will NEVER put bread on the table.

    CC

    As public service jobs are binned and the private sector is not taking up the slack - as promised - we really have to try to ensure that our production capability in Britain is rebuilt. This is not going to be an easy job when we are competing with countries like China and India - who have such extremely low wage-bills - but we should not try to beat them by dropping our wages to suit.

    About "Socialism":

    As was seen by the strict denial of the use of that term by the Blairist regime the word "Socialism" has some bad connotations.

    That said I think that the only political stance that is going to be fair to the ordinary people of Britain is going to come from a refreshed Labour standard. Historically, Socialism was seen by a few people as something that came from the old Soviet regime and has always been confused with Communism by the ones that did not want to see past that failed dogma.

    The Labour Party and even previous recent versions of it under Tony Blair had lurched to the right for this precise reason and so that the people of Britain might no longer think that Labourism was still rooted in the extreme left. Now I believe that this has turned full circle and it is once again time for real Labourism, ( not New-Labourism ), to take hold in Britain.

    I would hope that if we learn by the mistakes of the past that a true Labour agenda in British politics could replace the failed hard right and hard left systems that have done this country so much harm in the past.

    If we can just lay aside our old prejudices I see no reason why the next British government should not be formed out of a fair and reasonable and modernised Labour ethic.

    The last attempt of the Tories to get into power failed simply because they could not generate a working majority in the parliament and I think we all now see why that came about. The Con-Dem coalition has not worked either as even in the short time they have been in power we have seen the country get poorer and poorer and the austerity measures installed by this awful government only hitting the ones who can withstand such austerity the least.

    Something has to be done and I have great hopes that a modernised Labour Party dropping the past failures and working on the best bits of Socialism, will be accepted by the people of this country as our next government.




    Pap. Well said. I am sure hoping that this coalition foldsd before the end of this Parliament.
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12657
    Points : 19263
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by papa_umau on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:37 pm

    Thanks Ivanhoe !

    I too hope that the "watchers" are keeping a close watch on this website as what is being said by many here is stuff that they really need to see.

    I worry that our Ed might try to do a "Blair" by trying to appeal to too many people in Britain and if he does all he will get is another "New-Labour" fiasco and by doing this he will still have lost all of the real centre-left votes.

    In my estimation both Toryism - as it stands - and New-Labourism - as it stood - are now busted flushes and the people of Britain are now ready and waiting for a true "third way" to appear where they can give their voting support.

    A re-jigging of past ideas is no longer good enough for the put-upon British electorate and the quicker that the next election-hopefuls realise this the better it will be for them and their political ambitions.


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4916
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Parliament.... on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:40 pm

    Ivanhoe wrote:
    papa_umau wrote:
    Clapco wrote:We need manufacturing jobs that's for sure. Everything else is like you just read 'Das Kapital' - Socialism sucks and will NEVER put bread on the table.

    CC

    As public service jobs are binned and the private sector is not taking up the slack - as promised - we really have to try to ensure that our production capability in Britain is rebuilt. This is not going to be an easy job when we are competing with countries like China and India - who have such extremely low wage-bills - but we should not try to beat them by dropping our wages to suit.

    About "Socialism":

    As was seen by the strict denial of the use of that term by the Blairist regime the word "Socialism" has some bad connotations.

    That said I think that the only political stance that is going to be fair to the ordinary people of Britain is going to come from a refreshed Labour standard. Historically, Socialism was seen by a few people as something that came from the old Soviet regime and has always been confused with Communism by the ones that did not want to see past that failed dogma.

    The Labour Party and even previous recent versions of it under Tony Blair had lurched to the right for this precise reason and so that the people of Britain might no longer think that Labourism was still rooted in the extreme left. Now I believe that this has turned full circle and it is once again time for real Labourism, ( not New-Labourism ), to take hold in Britain.

    I would hope that if we learn by the mistakes of the past that a true Labour agenda in British politics could replace the failed hard right and hard left systems that have done this country so much harm in the past.

    If we can just lay aside our old prejudices I see no reason why the next British government should not be formed out of a fair and reasonable and modernised Labour ethic.

    The last attempt of the Tories to get into power failed simply because they could not generate a working majority in the parliament and I think we all now see why that came about. The Con-Dem coalition has not worked either as even in the short time they have been in power we have seen the country get poorer and poorer and the austerity measures installed by this awful government only hitting the ones who can withstand such austerity the least.

    Something has to be done and I have great hopes that a modernised Labour Party dropping the past failures and working on the best bits of Socialism, will be accepted by the people of this country as our next government.




    Pap. Well said. I am sure hoping that this coalition folds before the end of this Parliament.

    Sponsored content

    Re: What needs to happen in Britain under Ed Millband. But wont.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 2:43 pm