Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The right wing UKIP ? The right wing BNP ? The Green party ?

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

The right wing UKIP ? The right wing BNP ? The Green party ?

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 29 Feb 2012, 4:22 pm

Neither of these three parties have got a hope in hell of winning the next General election. Albeit I would like to see the Greens in power.

Cameron and the Lib-Dems will go their seperate ways with their own manifesto's and we all know the Tory's manifesto dont we. If it moves, privatise, sod the young, the old, the ill, and the disabled. Tax cuts and profits for the top, always.

Clegg will not be Lib-Dem leader anymore. I predict possibly left wing Lib-Dem, Simon Hughes, either way the Lib-Dems will be thrown to the wasteland, and they know it, but do they deserve it ???????????

Ed Milliband is biding his time, and im so hoping that the largely politically clueless British public will have finally woken up to the reality of this ultra right wing fascist Tory party, since over 30 years ago they got elected under Thatcher, and we have not moved an inch further since.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: The right wing UKIP ? The right wing BNP ? The Green party ?

Post by papa_umau on Thu 01 Mar 2012, 11:31 am

I virtually agree with all of that Ivanhoe, but I think that you are talking there about a wish-list rather than a prediction of things to come.

Having said that, I agree that this loose coalition will fall even before the general election as the Liberal Democrat activists within the party are not happy with the direction that Clegg is taking them.

The Liberal Democrat conference from the 9th to the 11th of March will tell us more about the way that the actual party is going. It should be interesting to watch.

Also, there will always be small parties that are working at single-issue politics and while you are right that they will never get any real power, they are always there in the background and in some cases casting vital deciding votes.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 3:41 pm

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzThatcherZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Still nothing new in the Labour armoury eh?

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm

As has been said many times before here: "If you forget what happened in the past you are at risk of repeating it!" ( Or words to that effect ).

I don't really care if there are still a few hard-line supporters of Thatcherism left , ( which is still alive and well at the heart of Toryism ), but I do know that many more-reasonable Tories are trying very hard to live down those destructive years.

In my own fair Scotland the Tories have been completely decimated and because of what Thatcher did to us we will never forgive her for these destructive acts. After so many years since that lady's political demise one would have thought that the Tories could have risen again in Scotland, but they have not and now only send one miserable Tory representative from Scotland to Westminster.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:01 pm

papa_umau wrote:As has been said many times before here: "If you forget what happened in the past you are at risk of repeating it!" ( Or words to that effect ).

I don't really care if there are still a few hard-line supporters of Thatcherism left , ( which is still alive and well at the heart of Toryism ), but I do know that many more-reasonable Tories are trying very hard to live down those destructive years.

In my own fair Scotland the Tories have been completely decimated and because of what Thatcher did to us we will never forgive her for these destructive acts. After so many years since that lady's political demise one would have thought that the Tories could have risen again in Scotland, but they have not and now only send one miserable Tory representative from Scotland to Westminster.

I think your friend Pap, is a Tory ?. I wonder if he/she will have the guts to admit as such ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:33 pm

Nothing whatsoever wrong with that so long as he or she stands by his or her beliefs and we discuss the two sides with care and without invective.

Democracy is based on people who are willing to fight for the right to take different stances and it must continue to allow both sides to be able to communicate and to argue these beliefs in a civilised manner.

Papa......

wheel

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by wheel on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 11:37 pm

A once tory voter, but now older and wiser...I have woke up and know how the masses are controlled.

It's by keeping people in debt so slaves to the system, slaves to their jobs which pay low wages, even middle earners like engineers, teachers etc earn not much more than bin men.

The rich have the power and don't want you to have any money to pay off your debts, this is how governments and the rich control the working class (THERE IS NO MIDDLE CLASS).

Cameron, Clegg and Milliband are all millionaires and public school educated.

I rest my case.

Left wing for the economy - Right wing on immigration!!!

wheel.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 11:47 pm

wheel wrote:A once tory voter, but now older and wiser...I have woke up and know how the masses are controlled.

It's by keeping people in debt so slaves to the system, slaves to their jobs which pay low wages, even middle earners like engineers, teachers etc earn not much more than bin men.

The rich have the power and don't want you to have any money to pay off your debts, this is how governments and the rich control the working class (THERE IS NO MIDDLE CLASS).

I rest my case.

wheel.

Older and wiser 30 odd years on from Thatcher. Heaven help us.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 12:56 pm

wheel wrote:A once tory voter, but now older and wiser...I have woke up and know how the masses are controlled.

I rest my case.

wheel.

Hi Wheel. It is great to see you back and putting your neb in once again Smile

Those of us that have been watching what has been happening to the ordinary people of Britain during the real Tories and the ersatz Tories, ( New-Labour ), way of doing could surely not have failed to see just how down on the people of Britain these chancers are.

What we are advocating now is a return to the best of Labour values so that at long last our government may start to care about us rather than the fat-cats and the banking destroyers.

To this end the Labour supporters who have not been put off Labour by the behaviour of Blair and Brown are engaging in a letter-writing campaign in order to try to achieve these aims.

Please find the open letter to Ed Miliband HERE and if you or anybody you know supports this vital change please copy, paste and - after adding your own words to personalise it - send it either by e-mail or snail-mail - to your own MP.

The best way to write to your MP is by using the Write to them website as each letter that is entered there is actually sent by Fax.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 1:16 pm

I rest my case.

wheel.

Hi wheel. I have an important question for you, if you dont mind answering.

What year did you start voting Tory ?.
    riders_on_the_storm
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 463
    Registration date : 2008-08-25

Post by riders_on_the_storm on Sun 25 Mar 2012, 6:00 pm

The same shit happens whether labour/libs/cons or whoever are "in power". The real seats of power keep playing the general public with their punch and judy left/right scenarios, when labour were "in" they pissed everyone off with high taxes, tsunami of immigration, selling off the British Isles to the highest bidder and creation of a fake housing boom causing now the slump we are seeing and the resultant payback for the economy and all our pockets.

So now the tories are in what's changed - nothing still taxes go up, still more draconian laws, more immigration, more selling off to private companies. Can people not see the common denominator here or what? The idea in your head that these parties are different is an illusion.

Andrew

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 25 Mar 2012, 6:35 pm

riders_on_the_storm wrote:The same shit happens whether labour/libs/cons or whoever are "in power". The real seats of power keep playing the general public with their punch and judy left/right scenarios, when labour were "in" they pissed everyone off with high taxes, tsunami of immigration, selling off the British Isles to the highest bidder and creation of a fake housing boom causing now the slump we are seeing and the resultant payback for the economy and all our pockets.

So now the tories are in what's changed - nothing still taxes go up, still more draconian laws, more immigration, more selling off to private companies. Can people not see the common denominator here or what? The idea in your head that these parties are different is an illusion.

Andrew

You say when Labour were in. What years are you refering to please ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:37 am

Hi again Andrew.

You said:

The same shit happens whether labour/libs/cons or whoever are "in power". The real seats of power keep playing the general public with their punch and judy left/right scenarios, when labour were "in" they pissed everyone off with high taxes, tsunami of immigration, selling off the British Isles to the highest bidder and creation of a fake housing boom causing now the slump we are seeing and the resultant payback for the economy and all our pockets.

And while I will admit that for the past few years all we have been getting from so-called left-wing and right-wing government is more of the same, I do have hope that eventually they are going to catch on that the electorate are pig-sick of this swing back and forth.

I will take issue with your allegation that it was Labour that sold off the family silver as the earlier Tories did a fair bit of this too. After this Blair continued the "privatise-everything" habit of the Tories. Since then our David Cameron has continued this Tory pastime by trying to sell off our NHS by the back door.

The "fake housing boom" was actually started by Thatcher and Ronald Raygun after they removed many of the safeguards from the banking sector. After this Maggie sold off most of the half decent local authority rented properties in her "right to buy" scheme and this triggered in Britain what came to be know both here and in America as the "sub-prime mortgages scandal" After this the "fake housing boom" bubble that was caused by cheap loans and zero deposit standards meant that eventually this "bubble" was bound to burst. When New-Labour came in after the Tories were booted out they did nothing about tightening up this sector and we all now know the result. New-Labour are now defunct and maybe it is time for REAL Labour to come back and start to look after the ones who need looking after.

It might be worth your while to visit this thread HERE to see what we and a large group of lobbyists are planning to do about this problem.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:25 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
    riders_on_the_storm wrote:The same shit happens whether labour/libs/cons or whoever are "in power". The real seats of power keep playing the general public with their punch and judy left/right scenarios, when labour were "in" they pissed everyone off with high taxes, tsunami of immigration, selling off the British Isles to the highest bidder and creation of a fake housing boom causing now the slump we are seeing and the resultant payback for the economy and all our pockets.

Andrew

I ask this, because far too many people continue thinking that New Labour were a "Labour" Government, when they were'nt. New Labour under Blair and Brown, continued the exact same right wing Thatcherite free market model that Thatcher had started over 30 years ago from 1979, and now Cameron is finished what she began.

riders_on_the_storm
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 463
    Registration date : 2008-08-25

Post by riders_on_the_storm on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:47 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:

Andrew

I would be referring to the previous administration.

Also here's an interesting video on the mainstream left/right paradigm for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxDwT55rmIw

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:07 pm

riders_on_the_storm wrote:
    Ivanhoe wrote:

Andrew

Also here's an interesting video on the mainstream left/right paradigm for anyone interested:

As already stated, the previous administration were not Labour, they were New Labour continuing Thatcher's right wing policies.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:19 pm

riders_on_the_storm wrote:
    Ivanhoe wrote:

Andrew

I have been to U-tube, and the only way to Describe what I heard, was intellectual bullshit.

Andrew, you worry yourself with words.

All I personally want to see come back to Britain is fairness re- a proper distribution of wealth. Where the role of the State funds all our vital services care of the taxes and contributions we all pay.

Now, please tell me what is so wrong with that ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:40 am

As you might expect, I have to agree with Ivanhoe on this one as all of the political groups out there use the "fear" tactic to try to get under one's skin.

What we have to do is to try to think clearly and to not let ourselves get snowed under by such tactics.

We here at ROB have started a campaign called "Bring Back Labour" where we are trying to influence what is left of the lost New-Labour politics so that at last we may again have a party and a government that all ordinary working people can give their allegiance to once again.

Please have a look at our "Open Letter to Ed Miliband" thread which is in a sticky note Here and if you do you may find a direction that you might want to go in.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:03 pm

papa_umau wrote:As you might expect, I have to agree with Ivanhoe on this one as all of the political groups out there use the "fear" tactic to try to get under one's skin.

What we have to do is to try to think clearly and to not let ourselves get snowed under by such tactics.

We here at ROB have started a campaign called "Bring Back Labour" where we are trying to influence what is left of the lost New-Labour politics so that at last we may again have a party and a government that all ordinary working people can give their allegiance to once again.

Please have a look at our "Open Letter to Ed Miliband" thread which is in a sticky note Here and if you do you may find a direction that you might want to go in.

""As you might expect, I have to agree with Ivanhoe on this one as all of the political groups out there use the "fear" tactic to try to get under one's skin""

The right wing have always ruled by insecurity, fear, and ignorance.
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1316
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

All the time we have Public School and University Graduates in charge, (of whatever Party) the old, the young and the generally disadvantaged will remain that way.

Labour was set up by the workers, in order to better the conditions of the working class.

New Labour, as has been said many times, are not Real Labour. We won't get Social justice from MPs who haven't earned less than the Average Wage in their lives.

I can't see the Working Class getting a fair deal until we have another Party which represents the Workers.

As for the Far Right, Not if I have anything to say about it! Have we not learned, or have we forgotten the lessons of WW2?

Cheers, HG

Last edited by Hell's Granny on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

Hell's Granny wrote:All the time we have Public School and University Graduates in charge, (of whatever Party) the old, the young and the generally disadvantaged will remain that way.

Labour was set up by the workers, in order to better the conditions of the working class.

New Labour, as has been said many times, are not Real Labour. We won't get Social justice from MPs who haven't earned less than the Average Wage in their lives.

I can't see the Working Class getting a fair deal until we have another Party which represents the Workers.

Cheers, HG

Here here H/G. And people wont get that with Ed Milliband.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:56 pm

But they might with George Galloway ! Smile

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

papa_umau wrote:But they might with George Galloway ! Smile

Pap, Can you see George Galloway challenging Ed Milliband for leadership of the Labour party ??????
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 11:56 am

Of course not, at least not at this time in history.

Having said that, as Gorgeous George blew the standing Labour candidate out of the water on a true left-of-centre agenda I can see more people taking up his ideas and running with them. If the Respect Party does enter the imagination of the ex-Labour supporters that defected in all directions at the last election we may find that it will suddenly become somewhat of a power-broker party to take the place of the totally devalued Liberal Democrats.

I think that many of the people who care about politics in Britain are in the situation at the moment of not knowing who or what to support because they have been so badly let down by the run-of-the-mill political parties of the past.

Now they are looking for something new that might do for them what they have been promised in the past and didn't get delivered so that once again any political direction might actually mean something practical for them.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 5:03 am