Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

British Gas (Centrica)

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

British Gas (Centrica)

Post by Technician on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 1:48 pm

Hi all,

This company certainly get my blood boiling !!!. Days of stupid TV adds telling us how great they are for cutting their electricity tariff ( BIG deal, considering how much they have ripped us off by increasing the tariff for both gas and electricity...Bet they won't be so keen to advertise that when it goes up again).

What promted this was a bill I got today which indicated that 10% of my electricity and 3% of my gas bill charge is given to support 'government green initiatives'. Remember that despite earlier 'mild' weather this company boast that even with us 'cutting back' they continue on average to make 50 per household in profit.

Like all the energy suppliers they are consumate greedy buggers who care not a jot for Joe Blogs out there, or how many families and pensioners they drive into fuel poverty. Is it not time in this country for the 'worm to turn' and deal with this greed once and for all ?? As for the green agenda they can stuff the ruddy wind farms ( which at BEST will produce 2% of our energy needs )where the sun don't shine !!!!

Technician
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1316
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Re: British Gas (Centrica)

Post by Hell's Granny on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 2:26 pm

These companies consistently treat us as morons, they think we don't remeber what they do, and wasting money on Tv advertising is an insult.

Cheers, HG
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

They certainly ARE "greedy buggers" Technician as all that drives them is their bottom line and their shareholders dividends. The service and the customers needs come well down on their list of priorities.

It is long past time when government got a grip of them by the short and curlies, mind you,I am not holding my breath waiting for THIS government to do that.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:27 pm

The one that gets me in particular is that they say that they have reduced the "standard" tariff and not the "web" tariff. Mad Especially after me deliberately going for the internet and paperless billing tariff to try to save some money.

I now feel that I have been conned by the "greedy buggers". ( Nice description Technician ).
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1316
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:13 pm

At least E-on and EDF have been caught out. Couldn't happen to a better pair of greedy buggers! Twisted Evil

Cheers, HG
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 11 Mar 2012, 12:28 pm

Yes my dear, and that will concentrate the minds of the other "buggers" out there !

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:26 pm