Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

How long ?

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

How long ?

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 16 Feb 2012, 1:19 pm

I want people's opinion of how long they think this coalition will last. ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: How long ?

Post by papa_umau on Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:22 am

Sadly, I now think that they know how to go the full term as the members of the coalition are not going to let this deal fall apart.

I DO also think that every day that this abortive government cling on to power they get weaker and weaker. By the time that the next election comes along I think the great mass of the voters in this country are going to be so sick of this unholy alliance that both the Liberal Democrats and the Tories are going to find themselves in the wilderness.

I for one am happy to wait until then !

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:32 am

papa_umau wrote:Sadly, I now think that they know how to go the full term as the members of the coalition are not going to let this deal fall apart.

I DO also think that every day that this abortive government cling on to power they get weaker and weaker. By the time that the next election comes along I think the great mass of the voters in this country are going to be so sick of this unholy alliance that both the Liberal Democrats and the Tories are going to find themselves in the wilderness.

I for one am happy to wait until then !

Meanwhile Pap, the poor are suffering, and in virtual silence, because we British are not like the Greeks, the German's or the French.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:38 am

Yes Ivanhoe, the stoicism of the British people and that stiff-upper-lip makes us more like the inscrutable Chinese than like the Europeans.

I guess that that is another good reason to go fully into Europe as once we are a full partner in any possible greater European Union we might start to learn from the continentals and how to protest properly.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:48 am

papa_umau wrote:Yes Ivanhoe, the stoicism of the British people and that stiff-upper-lip makes us more like the inscrutable Chinese than like the Europeans.

I guess that that is another good reason to go fully into Europe as once we are a full partner in any possible greater European Union we might start to learn from the continentals and how to protest properly.

Pap, This will never happen, because Ed Milliband will never take us fully into the EU.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

Time will tell I suppose!

I think that although it may take many years to sort out what all of the member-states of the EU want, we are going to become a full member sooner or later.

As true Europeans we are eventually going to HAVE TO do what is needed to be fully accepted as real members into this unavoidable partnership.

The Euro-hating Tories and the UKIP rabble-rousers simply cannot stop this inevitable thing from happening if the rest of the country want it.

Eventually the biggies in Europe are going to make us an offer we cannot refuse !

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:37 pm

papa_umau wrote:Time will tell I suppose!

I think that although it may take many years to sort out what all of the member-states of the EU want, we are going to become a full member sooner or later.

As true Europeans we are eventually going to HAVE TO do what is needed to be fully accepted as real members into this unavoidable partnership.

The Euro-hating Tories and the UKIP rabble-rousers simply cannot stop this inevitable thing from happening if the rest of the country want it.

Eventually the biggies in Europe are going to make us an offer we cannot refuse !

I doubt this will happen in our lifetime, or even the next. The British largely do not have the mindset for Europre, or for their own country.

We have in many ways gone back to victorianism, and it all started with Thatcher, and was kept in place by Blair.
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2510
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:53 pm

You have a terrible opinion of your own people Ivanhoe !

Even although many of the Brits are set in their ways I think that a large proportion of them know what side their bread is buttered on as far as Europe is concerned.

The rabid right and the UKIP xenophobes are too small in numbers to have any lasting effect on what the mass of the British voters actually want. I too believe that eventually we are all going to become real Europeans, and I do not mean in a hundred years time either.

It is because of people like yourself that are so full of negativity that causes us to just bump along at the bottom and it is this situation that stops us from getting out of the rut we are in.

I think we need a few more people who have vision and drive and passion if we are going to improve our lot.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:04 pm

Angie baby wrote:You have a terrible opinion of your own people Ivanhoe !

Even although many of the Brits are set in their ways I think that a large proportion of them know what side their bread is buttered on as far as Europe is concerned.

The rabid right and the UKIP xenophobes are too small in numbers to have any lasting effect on what the mass of the British voters actually want. I too believe that eventually we are all going to become real Europeans, and I do not mean in a hundred years time either.

It is because of people like yourself that are so full of negativity that causes us to just bump along at the bottom and it is this situation that stops us from getting out of the rut we are in.

I think we need a few more people who have vision and drive and passion if we are going to improve our lot.

Sorry Angie Baby, but you are wrong about me, and you are wrong about the British.

Ive been involved basically on the perifery of British politics for over 20 years, including as a Labour avtivist until Blair took Labour to the right.

Since that time I have formed to pensioners campaigning groups that due to one thing and another have failed, but not before getting in the national press in the 90's.

I have stood as an Independent for Parliament in 2005, and am standing as an Independent for Parliament again at the next G/E.

I am very passionate for fighting for the underdog, and as I have stated to yourself many times, I also believe in the younger generations supporting the old, before the younger generations reach old age.

Now Angie-Baby, what precisely have you done, aside from writing on here ?, come on, surprise me ?

I "know" that we British largely, are politically docile, and this is why we have the country we have.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:56 am

As I don't want to be caught between you two, all I will say is that a lot more positivity is going to be required by the people that count and by the people that make them count, ( us ), so that we eventually do what we have to do to be recognised as an important part of any developing European superstate.

It IS going to happen, of that there can be no doubt, but if we want to be an active part of it we are going to have to stop listening to the haters and the deniers and the doubters and get in there and help to fix what needs fixing.

The Tories and their Lib-Dem hangers-on are not going to be in power forever and the tiny groups that spend most of their time hating all Europeans and foreigners, like the UKIP party and the BNP are just of too little influence to even be bothered about.

As the great Doctor Martin Luther King Jr said: "I have a dream" and in his great company I too have a dream that peoples of all creeds, colours, nationalities and political persuasions will eventually come together to make this greater Europe a force to be reckoned with in the trading world. If we are not eventually a part of that I will be VERY surprised.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:05 pm

papa_umau wrote:As I don't want to be caught between you two, all I will say is that a lot more positivity is going to be required by the people that count and by the people that make them count, ( us ), so that we eventually do what we have to do to be recognised as an important part of any developing European superstate.

It IS going to happen, of that there can be no doubt, but if we want to be an active part of it we are going to have to stop listening to the haters and the deniers and the doubters and get in there and help to fix what needs fixing.

The Tories and their Lib-Dem hangers-on are not going to be in power forever and the tiny groups that spend most of their time hating all Europeans and foreigners, like the UKIP party and the BNP are just of too little influence to even be bothered about.

As the great Doctor Martin Luther King Jr said: "I have a dream" and in his great company I too have a dream that peoples of all creeds, colours, nationalities and political persuasions will eventually come together to make this greater Europe a force to be reckoned with in the trading world. If we are not eventually a part of that I will be VERY surprised.

Pap, Britain will never ever adopt the Euro, because this is what it's going to take for us Brit's to become full members of the EU.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

OK Ivanhoe, you are, as usual, welcome to your opinion but so long as there are not too many people thinking like you I have every confidence that eventually, ( once the Euro sorts itself out ), we will join it and revel in its success.

The old pound is already dead on the world markets, it just does not realise it is, and until it does, it will not lie down - as all dead things should.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:13 pm

papa_umau wrote:OK Ivanhoe, you are, as usual, welcome to your opinion but so long as there are not too many people thinking like you I have every confidence that eventually, ( once the Euro sorts itself out ), we will join it and revel in its success.

The old pound is already dead on the world markets, it just does not realise it is, and until it does, it will not lie down - as all dead things should.

Sorry Pap, All the time right wing little Englanders are running the show, we dont stand a chance of ditching the pound, for the Euro. I doubt even Ed Milliband will do this.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:54 am

Like all extremists, the "right-wing little-Englanders" are in fact in the minority and they run NOTHING. Yes, they do influence what is going on in the government when the government is made up of right-wingers, but they do not have the final say when anything goes to a free vote.

Mind you, "free votes" ( also known as conscience-votes ), in The Commons do not come all that often. Mostly the voters in the lower house are influenced by the party whips when they are going out into the lobbies to vote.

Sadly, that is the way that democracy works in Britain.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017, 4:53 pm