Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Is anyone worried about what is going on in Iran ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Is anyone worried about what is going on in Iran ?

Post by papa_umau on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:34 pm

As Iran doggedly step closer and closer to having a nuclear weapon we are seeing sanctions being imposed on it by British and American warships being deployed close to the Straits of Hormuz so as to ensure that this narrow alley in the Persian Gulf is not blockaded by Iran in return for oil sanctions being imposed on it.

It appears that Iran don't care that the rest of the world and many of the Arab states around it are getting very jittery about this race to nuclear arms and as such they are ignoring any pleas from both it's Arab neighbours and the West to drop the desire to make and hold enriched uranium.

As Israel already has the bomb and the capability to deliver it and a rather unstable Pakistan also already has this ultimate weapon it seems that Iran are hell-bent on joining this club even if doing so makes the region very unstable in the future.

Does anybody here have any idea what is going to become of this story and are you worried about this trend ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Is anyone worried about what is going on in Iran ?

Post by zathrus on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 11:58 am

No, I am not really worried even if by your indications I should be.

I look at it this way: Iran know that if they dare to threaten anyone with the bomb their goose will be cooked as Israel already have it and would use it if their safety was threatened.

This outlawed country, even amongst it's own neighbours, are on to a hiding to nothing if they think that anybody is going to support them if they even start to look really dangerous in the region.
    Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Iran

Post by Technician on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 3:41 pm

Hello all,

Hi Paps. I know you posted a similar thread about N Korea recently ( I was not too concerned about that !). The comments about Iran have been quite valid so far, I can see all points of view. I think they may well get a bloody nose if they were to start anything. That said, there would be one hell of a fight and mess made before the dust settled.

My anxiety is the attitude of Israel, who I fear would have no qualms about letting off a pre-emptive nuclear strike against them. I think if trouble starts to brew it is Israel we need to watch.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 4:55 pm

I agree that most such events are either started by religion or by the need to take over neighbouring states. ( Remember what happened when Saddam tried to overrun Kuwait ).

My greatest fear is what can happen because of fundamentalist religions all around the globe as every one of these religions make allowance for going to what they call "holy war".

The whole of the middle east is now in turmoil because of popular risings but if we look closely we see the hand of the Islamic Brotherhood at the forefront of just about all of these countries in strife.

I think that Israel have reason to be nervous !

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 12:24 pm

While I don't think that Iran's sabre-rattling stupidity is going to cause any nuclear holocaust I do think that, and agree with Papa, that almost all of the middle-Eastern states are now in chaos because uprising in all of these states, now known as the Arab Spring, has fundamentalist Islam at it's core.

I think that in a few years we will see Syria, Egypt, and a few other middle-Eastern states, alongside Iran, being taken over by the Mullahs.

Now that would be a reason to be concerned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:23 pm