Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Judging by the polls

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Judging by the polls

Post by Parliament.... on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

I have heard today, 24th January, that Cameron could win the next general election, judging by the polls.

Your views please ?

Last edited by Ivanhoe on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Judging by the polls

Post by papa_umau on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 11:51 am

I think that is "judging by the polls" ? not "judging by the walls" or am I missing something ?

Anyway, if that is what you mean, then I seldom take any notice of such polls at the midway point of any term of office by any government.

I think you will find that even although the Tories are ahead of Labour by a few points in one poll this can change markedly as time goes by.

The poll that was published that made this point also said that many of the people who voted in it were undecided about Labour because they did not trust Ed Miliband to do what needs to be done.

I agree that our "Ed" needs to either work much harder at doing the job he was given or we are going to find that a lot of people are soon going to be asking to get his brother David in his place.

That too is up in the air as there is a long way to go before any real electioneering gets properly underway.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:03 pm

papa_umau wrote:I think that is "judging by the polls" ? not "judging by the walls" or am I missing something ?

Anyway, if that is what you mean, then I seldom take any notice of such polls at the midway point of any term of office by any government.

I think you will find that even although the Tories are ahead of Labour by a few points in one poll this can change markedly as time goes by.

The poll that was published that made this point also said that many of the people who voted in it were undecided about Labour because they did not trust Ed Miliband to do what needs to be done.

I agree that our "Ed" needs to either work much harder at doing the job he was given or we are going to find that a lot of people are soon going to be asking to get his brother David in his place.

That too is up in the air as there is a long way to go before any real electioneering gets properly underway.

I have corrected my wording error Pap, so thanks for pointing it out.

As far as polls are concerned, I agree with you, but it's still very worrying the Ed Milliband remains very quiet.
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:07 pm

Miliband hit Cameron very hard in the commons yesterday when he had him grovelling in order to defend himself against the latest news on the economy and unemployment front.

I am sure that he is well aware that a lot of people are not best pleased by his performance so far and he will be looking at ways to improve this. If he doesn't he knows that he may finish up getting dropped as the Labour Party leader.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:32 pm

zathrus wrote:Miliband hit Cameron very hard in the commons yesterday when he had him grovelling in order to defend himself against the latest news on the economy and unemployment front.

I am sure that he is well aware that a lot of people are not best pleased by his performance so far and he will be looking at ways to improve this. If he doesn't he knows that he may finish up getting dropped as the Labour Party leader.

Keeping objective about this. I would like to see Harriet Harman lead Labour. She is robust and passionate. Ed Milliband is a new boy, and as much and I like to give everybody a chance, this country is in dire straits, no not because of our economy, but because the Tory's are in charge, again.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 4:32 pm

The thing is Ivanhoe...are they in charge ?

They are in power with the aid of the grovelling Liberal Democrats but they are in charge of nothing. It is the rich paymasters that are in charge as the Tories are probably the worst political party out there when it comes to looking after their own and not giving a damn about the rest.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 3:44 pm

papa_umau wrote:The thing is Ivanhoe...are they in charge ?

They are in power with the aid of the grovelling Liberal Democrats but they are in charge of nothing. It is the rich paymasters that are in charge as the Tories are probably the worst political party out there when it comes to looking after their own and not giving a damn about the rest.

Pap, You know what I mean. This right wing Tory lead coalition are in Government for 3 and a half more years.

I can see them going a full term, can you ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 1:16 pm