Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Rail fares rise faster than inflation !

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12108
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Rail fares rise faster than inflation !

Post by papa_umau on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 1:12 pm

I have often wondered why while there is tight controls on wage-rises there seems to be a free-for-all as far as prices are concerned.

How many times in the past have we seen reports of this and that going up by more than the rate of inflation and yet during these days of austerity wages never manage to keep up.

All that this succeeds in doing do is to make our spending power reduced and this in turn brings a slowing down of the general economy.

Why the hell don't we see governments keeping as tight a watch on prices as they are always keen on doing so to wages ?

See THIS from the Guardian

Papa......

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Rail Fare Rises

Post by Technician on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:46 pm

Hi All,

Well, the government just don't care. They have reduced the subsidy, so the rail operators can get away with as much as possible. We have a crap, overcrowdwd and expensive network. The easy answer would be to say boycot the trains, but that's impossible for many even if they would like to do it, as they need them for work.

The only way to PERHAPS get some action would be mass protest, but I doubt it in this country. We will just keep on putting up with it and be screwd to death until the straw breaks the camels back. On a personal level I don't need to use them thank God. I will try any other method of getting to A to B than use a train even though I quite like rail travel. I will not give them the pleasure of my business, they can go stuff themselves !

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12108
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Rail fares rise faster than inflation !

Post by papa_umau on Thu 22 Dec 2011, 12:05 pm

I am with you on that one Technician !

I too love travelling by train but I can number the times I actually did it on one hand in the last few years.

Here is just one more way that we can learn from Europe as their rail systems - especially the German and the French ones - blow ours out of the water for efficiency, speed, cleanliness, dependability and cost.

Oh, and BTW.... many of the rail services in Europe are STILL nationalised - as ours should be.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Re: Rail fares rise faster than inflation !

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 1:38 pm