Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Cameron and Osborne so far.....

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12653
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Cameron and Osborne so far.....

Post by papa_umau on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 10:50 am

After the financial statement yesterday it seems to me that even after all of the painful cuts that have been made in Britain by these two, that nothing has been gained except more unemployment and more debt rather than less of either. On top of that extra unemployment , as a result less tax revenues are going into the treasury and as another direct effect of the draconian cuts, with fewer pounds being available to spend on the high-street, the economy is stagnating.

As the everyday prices and the general inflation-rate climb inexorably and our wages are frozen we seem to be in a worse situation than before the Tories took charge.

I wonder at what point they will stop blaming Blair and Brown for this situation ?

Maybe they will wake up and smell the coffee after a few days of national public-sector strikes ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Cameron and Osborne so far.....

Post by zathrus on Fri 02 Dec 2011, 12:52 pm

I don't think they dare blame Blair and Brown for what is going on now as they know that that excuse has been all used up.

I do think that they are, or should be, quite worried about what is going on as after the statement made by Mervyn King they must know that what they are doing is having no effect on the state of the country.

With borrowing going to be massively up instead of being cut I think that they are going to be losing a lot of sleep.

"Hell-mend em" I say. Twisted Evil

Post by Guest on Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:29 pm

Labour are still blaming Mrs Thatcher 20 years on so Brown's incompetence (as he was the paymaster, Bliar was just a figurehead) can serve for a considerable time yet.

Indeed the coalitions policies are pretty much 'more of the same' on the expenditure front anyway so they can't really be blamed for anything as their policies are pretty much the same as the previous government's. Cunning man Osbourne.

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12653
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sat 03 Dec 2011, 12:34 pm

I don't think that you can equate Thatcherism with Brownism or Blairism as neither of these two were strong enough or influential enough to get "isms" after their names.

The same cannot be said for Thatcher as what she did in her time in power was SO profound that we will be talking about Thatcherism for many years to come and long after Brown and Blair have faded in the minds of the British people.

Be certain-sure Clapco, that Thatcherism is alive and well and is being applied by the power-broker mandarins - including David Cameron and George Osborne - in the Tory party, even if this particular "ism" is no longer "in your face" any more.

In a few ways you cannot say that "the coalition's policies" are "more of the same" as even although you are right that the draconian cuts that Cameron and Osborne have piled onto the British people are hurting a hell-of-a-lot, these cuts are not in fact bringing down the "deficit" - that they keep chuntering on about - in any marked ways. In fact the cuts that have been imposed on the British people have directly effected the way that the economy runs insofar as it has almost stopped running completely.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2565
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 03 Dec 2011, 1:12 pm

Well said Clapco. "More of the same" it certainly is !

In fact, although the Tories and the New-Labour party are supposed to be poles apart we are finding more and more that they are very alike in their interpretation of how Britain should be run.

Cameron and Osborne are fast running out of ideas and if the problems in the Eurozone are not sorted internally PDQ we are going to be brought down with them when they implode.

Sir Mervyn King of the Bank of England paints a very bleak picture of how things are going to be in the future and as I was already depressed by how my life is going I am very sad that it is going to get worse not better at any time soon. Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 1:31 am