Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

When do you think there will be a leadership challenge in the Lib-Dems?

Re: When do you think there will be a leadership challenge in the Lib-Dems?

Post by Guest on Fri 02 Dec 2011, 5:16 pm

Meanwhile back on thread...

Just who are the Lib Dems anyway?

Just a thought....

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11927
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sat 03 Dec 2011, 11:54 am

While that is obviously a rhetorical question Clapco, I think I know what you are getting at.

As I see them, they used to be a rather left-wing and "Liberal" party in the political morass that is British politics and while they did have a hay-day a few years ago they are now very much a peripheral party as far as supporting votes are concerned.

I think that Nick Clegg went with the Tories into the coalition as that was probably the only way that he could see his Liberal Democrats getting any kind of power in our national parliament.

Sadly, by going over to the Tories he and his party are now seen as opportunists and parasites as they crawl over the backs of the weakened Tories in order to get a few Cabinet seats.

I think that as a result many people will agree with me that after this unholy alliance was formed, the Liberal Democrats' future in Britain has been severely damaged if not wiped out completely as a stand-alone party.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 03 Dec 2011, 11:25 pm

papa_umau wrote:While that is obviously a rhetorical question Clapco, I think I know what you are getting at.

As I see them, they used to be a rather left-wing and "Liberal" party in the political morass that is British politics and while they did have a hay-day a few years ago they are now very much a peripheral party as far as supporting votes are concerned.

I think that Nick Clegg went with the Tories into the coalition as that was probably the only way that he could see his Liberal Democrats getting any kind of power in our national parliament.

Sadly, by going over to the Tories he and his party are now seen as opportunists and parasites as they crawl over the backs of the weakened Tories in order to get a few Cabinet seats.

I think that as a result many people will agree with me that after this unholy alliance was formed, the Liberal Democrats' future in Britain has been severely damaged if not wiped out completely as a stand-alone party.

Pap, Well put. I could not agree more.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11927
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 04 Dec 2011, 11:55 am

Thanks Ivanhoe !

I think that that point will be obvious to any people who were once Lib-Dem supporters and to the ones in government too.

They must be in a flat panic at the moment as they know that the coalition has done their stand-alone political cause great damage.

I cannot imagine where they might go from here.

It will be interesting to find how this one will play out in the future.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 04 Dec 2011, 12:32 pm

papa_umau wrote:Thanks Ivanhoe !

I think that that point will be obvious to any people who were once Lib-Dem supporters and to the ones in government too.

They must be in a flat panic at the moment as they know that the coalition has done their stand-alone political cause great damage.

I cannot imagine where they might go from here.

It will be interesting to find how this one will play out in the future.

Pap, We keep being told by the media and all politicians that Britain's troubles are being caused by the crisis in Europe.

Nobody in the political arena is addressing any of our own social and economic policies that have got worse under this coalition.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 22 Jun 2017, 1:06 pm