Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Bias at the BBC

Bias at the BBC

Post by Guest on Sun 20 Nov 2011, 4:58 pm

Came across this terrific website earlier I thought you might like to visit.

It manages to put into words what I have always suspected - that the BBC have an innate bias towards all things Labour.

http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/search/label/pro-labour

Now the same couldn't be said of ROB could it?

CC
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12186
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Bias at the BBC

Post by papa_umau on Mon 21 Nov 2011, 12:29 pm

I find that idea amusing CC as this so-called "bias" of the BBC is surely in the eye of the beholder.

I have seen the EXACT OPPOSITE said about the BBC in different areas on and offline.

I guess that you can find such stuff if you really look for it but if that is the specific direction you are looking for you will be sure to find that too.

ROB allows for any and every kind of opinion so long as they are not extremist or trollist and as you have come across this before I am sure that you will be well aware of it.

Yes, my particular political bias is left-of-centre as that is the way that I have been brought up to think but as I would fight and die for the rights of others to free speech I ensure that al political views are allowed here.

So long as you stay away from personal attack and pure malevolence and invective your words here will be read and valued just as much as the rest are.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011, 7:14 pm

The thing is this site seems to present a reasoned argument rather than just repeating an opinion. It would be interesting to see a similar website claiming Tory bias at the BBC - for the sake of impartiality of course.

Clappers
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12186
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:38 am

While the management of this site is surely centre-left in it's stance, while it allows for all views other than extreme views and any anarchic content, it does try to see the other side of the argument when one is well presented.

In my experience of life - some 67 years long - I have seen the BBC attacked as being both "lefty" and even more as a supporter of the "establishment" - which is much more rightist.

Here is the view taken by the pages of Wikipedia where both postulations are presented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_BBC

I believe, that if you are looking for a bias shown in any direction by the BBC it will all depend on where you look and what you expect to find.

For those that do have an open mind the BBC have been indicted as being both right-wing establishment AND of showing left-wing bias - when it suited them to do so, in either direction.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 6:44 am