Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The cull of MPs does not go nearly far enough ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12196
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The cull of MPs does not go nearly far enough ?

Post by papa_umau on Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:05 pm

Recently it was published that there were plans to redraw voting boundaries so that each constitution could have roughly the exact-same number of constituents in each ward. The plan will reduce the total number of MPs by 50 and down to 600 instead of 650 and it is proposed that this will save a lot of money in the process.

While - as far as I am concerned - this is a good thing I don't think that it goes nearly far enough:

At the moment, we will have on top of the eventual 600 total of four-nation members of parliament in Westminster, we also have, 789 members of the House of Lords, 129 MSPs in Scotland, 60 Welsh Assembly members, and 108 in the Northern Ireland Assembly. Then we have a total of 22,000 paid local-authority members.

I don't know what the total bill comes to for all of these politicians as this figure has never been published but I can imagine that it is something that would frighten the living daylights out of us if we did know this figure.

Everybody else in Britain is having to tighten our belts in this Con-Dem austerity-drive but a reduction of only 50 of these parasites and the rest of them keeping their inflated salaries untouched brings a very bad taste to my mouth.

What do YOU think about that then ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: The cull of MPs does not go nearly far enough ?

Post by zathrus on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:18 pm

Now that's interesting Paps ! I did'nt have a clue just how much money we are throwing away in their direction. It would not matter if they did what we want them to do, but they don't and every time that I help to elect one of them I rue the day I did shortly afterwards.

I say that we could cut these tax-wasters by half and we would not notice the difference as far as getting important stuff done.

That would be a GREAT saving and by itself it would help towards paying of our national debt.
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 29 Oct 2011, 11:47 am

Mind you, a loss of even fifty seats is going to save a fortune and it is going to make the ones that are left worry about whether they will get another seat or not.

Anything that makes these cream-suppers nervous is good by me.

Goodenuf for-em I say !
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12196
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 11:38 am

Yes Angie, and what is even more important is that a few cabinet and shadow-cabinet members will be hit by having their seats done away with by these boundary changes.

It is going to be fun to watch the posturing and juxtapositioning we will be seeing when this starts to happen.

Aint politics grand ? Cool

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:51 am