Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Unemployment highest since 1994.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Unemployment highest since 1994.

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 11:27 am

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/unemployment-worst-level-since-1994-084647617.html

Is this the end of Cameron's Eton Boys, and Clegg's career ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Unemployment highest since 1994.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 11:33 am

There IS one certainly here: By the time that the general election comes around this awful coalition and it's effects on British happiness and any feel-good factor might ring the death-knell for BOTH of these political parties.

It has already happened in Scotland and anybody that is anybody knows that what happens in Scotland is usually a good indicator for what will eventually happen in rest of the country.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:08 am

papa_umau wrote:There IS one certainly here: By the time that the general election comes around this awful coalition and it's effects on British happiness and any feel-good factor might ring the death-knell for BOTH of these political parties.

It has already happened in Scotland and anybody that is anybody knows that what happens in Scotland is usually a good indicator for what will eventually happen in rest of the country.

As unempoyment continues to increase Pap, which it undoubtedly will, this coalition cannot keep blaming so called Labour's so-called Deficit, and I predict a general election within two years, maybe less.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 13 Oct 2011, 12:44 pm

Yes Ivanhoe, those of us that actually HAVE memories will remember that the last time unemployment hit higher than this level, ( it was in fact 3,000,000 at the time ), was under John Major and his Tories.

I am sure that the infamous saying of one Tory in particular, ( Tory Chancellor Norman Lamont ) of "High unemployment is a price worth paying", proves that all Tories do not give a damn about the pain they cause to the unemployed and their families by their draconian cost-cutting measures.

True-to-type they are repeating what happened during the dark days of the last recession just before the above-named Tory Chancellor was kicked out of the post of Chancellor of the Exchequer because he was seen as making the recession worse, ( Black Wednesday - 16th September 1992 ), rather than making it better.

They called Gordon Brown a bad Chancellor but he was never as bad as Norman Lamont was during his abortive reign.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:08 pm

papa_umau wrote:Yes Ivanhoe, those of us that actually HAVE memories will remember that the last time unemployment hit higher than this level, ( it was in fact 3,000,000 at the time ), was under John Major and his Tories.

I am sure that the infamous saying of one Tory in particular, ( Tory Chancellor Norman Lamont ) of "High unemployment is a price worth paying", proves that all Tories do not give a damn about the pain they cause to the unemployed and their families by their draconian cost-cutting measures.

True-to-type they are repeating what happened during the dark days of the last recession just before the above-named Tory Chancellor was kicked out of the post of Chancellor of the Exchequer because he was seen as making the recession worse, ( Black Wednesday - 16th September 1992 ), rather than making it better.

They called Gordon Brown a bad Chancellor but he was never as bad as Norman Lamont was during his abortive reign.

We havent seen anything yet Pap. More woman are being made unemployed and young people. This begs the question, how long will Cameron get away with blaming the Deficit ???????
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:13 pm

It's all coming to a head as he is questioned about his dithering and his weakness as he avoids dealing with the "Fox" question too.

I would love to see what happens when this enquiry into Fox and his parasitic bosom-buddy is completed next week.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm

zathrus wrote:It's all coming to a head as he is questioned about his dithering and his weakness as he avoids dealing with the "Fox" question too.

I would love to see what happens when this enquiry into Fox and his parasitic bosom-buddy is completed next week.

None of which, has absolutely anything to do with my OP ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:43 am

I think you are wrong there Ivanhoe as Cameron's "weakness" in what he does with other problems is an excellent way to highlight his general ineptitude.

He is actually coming under fire from many directions just now, and not-less than from his own backbenchers, and that is NEVER a good sign for any PM who is always expected to be a good and decisive leader and one who acts quickly when he is required to rather than dithering about and not looking as if he knows what he is doing.

Coming back to Fox: It now looks as if Fox has stolen some of Cameron's credibility by resigning before Cameron could sack him.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2377
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:19 pm

All that complicated stuff aside I think that the fact that many of us are worried about the safety of our jobs means that we are a very unhappy and discontented people.

When our income is threatened we are inclined to get a bit fractious and to start to form up in gangs to fight against these cruel actions by the governments that are supposed to look after us.

I suppose many of you will have noticed how crowds right across the world in many cities are taking to the streets and protesting about corporate greed and about how their governments are supporting this greed instead of supporting the people.

Britain has been slow in coming around to these actions but we are now wakening up to the many ways that we are being robbed of our rights by successive governments and their rip-off corporations.

GGGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am getting myself angry about all of this mistreatment. Mad Mad Mad

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:31 pm

Angie baby wrote:All that complicated stuff aside I think that the fact that many of us are worried about the safety of our jobs means that we are a very unhappy and discontented people.

When our income is threatened we are inclined to get a bit fractious and to start to form up in gangs to fight against these cruel actions by the governments that are supposed to look after us.

I suppose many of you will have noticed how crowds right across the world in many cities are taking to the streets and protesting about corporate greed and about how their governments are supporting this greed instead of supporting the people.

Britain has been slow in coming around to these actions but we are now wakening up to the many ways that we are being robbed of our rights by successive governments and their rip-off corporations.

GGGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am getting myself angry about all of this mistreatment. Mad Mad Mad

Britain is not Greece, is not Germany, is not France.

There is no consolidation amongst the Britain, we are simply not motivated politically, there is nothing sacrosant in the British way of life, compared to that which is sacrosant across the EU like welfare ( social protection ).

The European's are proud people, Britain's pride is a falsehood based on the Empire.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:37 pm

Angie baby wrote:All that complicated stuff aside I think that the fact that many of us are worried about the safety of our jobs means that we are a very unhappy and discontented people.

When our income is threatened we look for scapegoats like immigrant's.

We might be waking up, but in truth we are a nation of people ill at ease with our fellows.

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2377
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:41 pm

You speak for yourself Ivanhoe as you are not speaking for me or the millions of people around the world that are taking to the steets.

In fact, instead of trying to diminish the efforts of the people who are protesting you should be out there with them on the streets instead of just sitting there pontificating that we are all not "politically motivated".

I think that maybe you should spend more time on the streets as if you did you would find plenty of people that are out there and are fighting for fairer treatment every day.

And, do not say that I am "sitting there too" as I have done my bit and continue to do it as an active union member. Have you ?

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm

Angie baby wrote:You speak for yourself Ivanhoe as you are not speaking for me or the millions of people around the world that are taking to the steets.

In fact, instead of trying to diminish the efforts of the people who are protesting you should be out there with them on the streets instead of just sitting there pontificating that we are all not "politically motivated".

I think that maybe you should spend more time on the streets as if you did you would find plenty of people that are out there and are fighting for fairer treatment every day.

And, do not say that I am "sitting there too" as I have done my bit and continue to do it as an active union member. Have you ?

Yes, over a period of some 20 years, I have had my share of street protests, and protests to London, the turn out is always low, but I do, do my bit.

I have even stood as an Independent for Parliament, and I am doing this again at the next G/E/

I say again that we British have brought all this upon ourselves, we are simply not nationalistic except when it comes to football.

Politics since the 80's has turned us all inside ourselves, forcing us into self interest, and now the ckickens are coming home to roost.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 27 Jun 2017, 4:46 pm